Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
kick off
kick off
Quote:

how could a team from AAA be the best at all? Irmo and Nw have almost outscored the top 4 teams in 3A combined. i think that says enough

Eastside cleaned Knox West's clock
Knox West cleaned Chapin's clock
Northwestern squeaked by Chapin

D'OH!

Homer no function beer well without
sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
If you were at the chapin game, you would have seen that NW should have won that game by 3 or 4 goals. They only won 2-1 I know, but comparing scores really does not mean anything.

For example:
Argentina beats Venezuela 4-0
Venezuela beats Colombia 2-0
Colombia beats Boliva 2-0
Bolivia beats Argentina 6-1

If you look closely, those scores do not seem to add up. If Argentina beat Venezuela, who beat Colombia, who beat Bolivia, then that means Argentina should of easily taken care of Bolivia right? No, camparison of scores is not an accurate way to rate a teams talent, as these scores show. I understand that this may be the only means of comparison that you have, but it does not make it right. Put NW's or Irmo's talent, player for player, head to head against any other teams, and it would be a landslide. But just because you have talent does not guaruntee victory, as Argentina found out. NW did not play well against Chapin, but still got the win. As long as you get the W, the other stats do not matter unless you are comparing scores, which has been proven, time and time again, as an inaccurate way to predict how other teams would do against eachother.

One Time!
C
bench
bench
C
Quote:

I would take those fishes from Irmo and Northwestern over most
keepers in this state at any level.

alwaysright i agree with you about irmo's keeper. problem is he never really gets tested, so people equate shutouts with a good keeper, instead of a solid d.

haven't seen nw's this year, but cantcoach, are you just saying this, or do you really believe that they are close to tops in the state?

world cup
world cup
Northwestern beats Bolivia.

.......and Argentina!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
kick off
kick off
Quote:

, but comparing scores really does not mean anything.

Sort of my point...
Pinger stated

Quote:

Irmo and Nw have almost outscored the top 4 teams in 3A combined. i think that says enough

Can't use scores to predict matches.

D'OH!

Homer no function beer well without
S
bench
bench
S
High School soccer is like any other sport. Anything can happen on a given day. NHS and Irmo are both great squads, but both of them can be beat.

P
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
P
I was using these scores to show the ability of these teams to finish the ball often and most other teams not so much.. not trying to predict any matches

C
kick off
kick off
C
Quote:

alwaysright i agree with you about irmo's keeper. problem is he never really gets tested, so people equate shutouts with a good keeper, instead of a solid d.

haven't seen nw's this year, but cantcoach, are you just saying this, or do you really believe that they are close to tops in the state?

Yes I do believe that. I have more information on the Northwestern's keepers just because I live in the upstate and have seen them play at the club and high school levels but I have seen Irmo's keeper play once or twice and he is better than average. Now Northwestern has a duel threat with their senior/junior combo. Senior started for the best club team in the entire state last fall. The junior played for a club team who had a wreck level defense but still finished 1st in their league because he kept them in every game. So yes I would take them over most in the state.

S
Brace
Brace
S
Irmo's jv keeper plays on the CUFC 93 Boys Premier team, he's pretty good. Bottom line is only 1 keeper can play at a time. There is talent all over both programs. We will just have to cross our fingers and hope they play eachother at state.

R
bench
bench
R
Savitz will continue to play "individuals" on the offensive side of the ball instead of team players. That's why they lost last year to NW. Leaving faster, more proficient, less greedy Seniors on the bench in the playoffs and putting the little "Pele" types out to get the ball stripped from them. Sounds like things haven't changed a bit this season. NW will beat the Acree/Lunceford/Mukofsky buch again, sorry to say.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard