Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
Throw In
OP Offline
Throw In
Boys' US Soccer Development Academy Program

South Carolina United FC is South Carolina’s only US Soccer Development Academy Franchise. Bridge FA’s US Soccer Development Academy franchise will compete under the banner of South Carolina United FC commencing at tryouts and for the 2009-10 seasonal playing year. Tryout information will be announced shortly. Training for these teams will be conducted at various times in Columbia, Charleston, and Orangeburg.

Program Directors:

Clark Brisson- Executive Director
Tripp Miller- Director of Administration
Rob Strickland- Director of Soccer

Coaching Staff for the boys:

USSF “A” licensed coaches

U16 Academy- Clark Brisson, Rob Strickland plus additional trainers

U18 Academy –Rob Strickland, Clark Brisson plus additional trainers

South Carolina United FC’s Elite Girls Showcase Program

Who is the governing body for the South Carolina United Elite Girls Showcase Program?

The South Carolina United FC Elite Girls Showcase Program is an in-house elite player team program that will be conducted and administered under US Club Soccer by South Carolina United FC. The U15, U16 and U17 players selected will be registered as South Carolina United FC players with US Club Soccer on US Club Soccer teams. South Carolina United FC is NOT affiliated in any way with South Carolina Youth Soccer Association and is NOT an organizational member of South Carolina Youth Soccer Association.

What is its purpose?

To provide to the best and most committed female U14-U17 female soccer players in South Carolina a centrally located high quality cost effective supplemental training and college recruiting program which still enables participants to play on their respective SCYSA affiliated teams and high school teams.

How many teams will the Elite Girls Showcase Program roster?

South Carolina United FC will field one (1) team in each of the following age groups: U-15, U-16 and U-17.

Which College Recruiting Showcase Tournaments will Elite Girls Showcase Program Teams attend?

It is anticipated each team will go to (3) of the following events:

Ø July 25-28 Score at the Shore, Greensboro, NC

Ø November 20-22, CASL Girls Showcase, Raleigh, NC

Ø December 27-30, Orange Classic International Girls Soccer Tournament, Miami, FL

Ø December 31-January 3, Disney’s Soccer Showcase (Girls), Orlando, FL

Ø March 2010, Jefferson Cup, Richmond, VA

How many players will be included on an Elite Girls Showcase Program Team Roster?

South Carolina United FC will roster a maximum of 22 players on each of their Elite Girls Showcase Program Team rosters.

How many training sessions are required throughout the year for an Elite Girls Showcase Program?

Each Elite Girls Showcase Program Team will be expected to hold at least six training sessions in the eight weeks immediately preceding each of the three US Club Soccer Showcase tournaments in which its teams participate throughout the year.

What is the duration of the Elite Girls Showcase Program?

The Elite Girls Showcase Program will begin in June and end in March. We anticipate (3) showcase events with Friendlies matches played during the time period of June –March.

How much will an Elite Girls Showcase Program Team be required to travel?

Elite Girls Showcase Program Teams will play three (3) out of state US Club Soccer Showcase Tournaments between June and March, all of which will require overnight travel. Exact travel distances will vary between Tournament and Friendlies venues. Where necessary, travel can involve both air and ground transportation.

When will players be selected for each roster?

South Carolina United FC will soon announce tryout dates for U15, U16 and U17 team formation each of which will begin training in June 2009. Only the most committed and serious players in the U14 – U17 age groups should attend.

Who will select, train and coach the Elite Girls Showcase Program Teams?

The Executive Director, Director of Coaching, the Director of Administration, and their designees, will oversee and conduct all tryouts with Elite Girls Showcase Program trainers, coaches and designees. Once selected and rostered, players will be trained by USSF “A” licensed trainers Clark Brisson and Greg Vallee and coached by designated South Carolina United FC coaches Heather Frederick, Phil Savitz, Jason Birchwood and Jeff Hoerner.

Where will training take place?

Training will take place in the Columbia, Orangeburg and Charleston areas throughout the program season.

Who pays for Showcase Tournament travel and tournament expenses?

Elite Girls Showcase Program players are responsible for all transportation and lodging to all showcase events. Each team member will also be responsible for a portion of tournament entry fees, and coaches per diem associated with each showcase event.

For additional information contact:

Clark Brisson, Tripp Miller, Rob Strickland

(Note: In order to insure complete and accurate answers to questions that anyone may have, it is important that they be directed to one of the above club officials. Things that you read here (aside from this post), or elsewhere, may or may not be accurate, even though you "read it on the internet!")

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Post deleted by Kevin Heise

C
throw in
throw in
C
Post deleted by Kevin Heise

H
brace
brace
H
On the girls side, how can they guarantee they will go to the tournys they have listed. Someone correct me if i am wrong but do you not have to be accepted to them. No guarantee they will be. Just because they have a fancy title it is still South Carolina and that is no sure thing to get in these tournys.
As has happened in the past Disney has only taken the state champ. Not sure about CASL and others but i do know some hard work was taken to get a CESA team into CASL last year.
I do give them credit for including the girls in this merger or formation.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I am sure there are alot of questions that need to be answered..contact information is available for those that want to know but I am not going to bust the chops of someome when it could possibly help our SC girls..Whether we take part or not..I hope this venture is a successful one for all involved..Our SC girls deserve that!!

C
Coach
Online Content
Coach
C
Yeah...notice it says "It is anticipated" that the girls will go to three of the five listed events...no guarantees offered at all; looks like they're playing the chances that if they try for five they'll get accepted to three, but nothing is concrete, and no mention of adjustments for the "what if" factor.

I've got good news and bad news...
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
And take into account the juggling of the state and region play..Tournaments with your club team and practices with the SC team..Oh yeah!! the friendlies that are scheduled for the SC team..Does not leave alot of room to breathe.

G
bench
bench
G
It would be nice if everyone stopped being so negative and just give the girls the credit they deserve, isn't it about the girls. I think that this new partnership is a great new begining and I'm glad that CUFC and BridgeFA could make it work. That's something that all the teams in the Charleston area should have been able to do. I bet they're all kicking themselves now.

H
brace
brace
H
For the sake of girls in SC i hope it works and works well. I think if this new league ends up being strong and they have bad results it will cut down on the chances of them going to these better tournys. I saw first hand in 2008 how not winning your state and having bad results in your league hurts when you try to get into Disney and CASL.
Between my 2 kids we have been to 3 of the 5 listed. Disney,CASL and Jefferson cup are not going to just take a team unless someone drops out late and they need to fill a spot. I think the orange classic would be pretty doable. Never been to the score at the shore so i am not sure of how hard it is to get into.
I like the fact that it says the girls would still be able to play with their scysa teams but what if both are going to the same tourny

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

It would be nice if everyone stopped being so negative and just give the girls the credit they deserve, isn't it about the girls. I think that this new partnership is a great new begining and I'm glad that CUFC and BridgeFA could make it work. That's something that all the teams in the Charleston area should have been able to do. I bet they're all kicking themselves now.

give what girls credit?
i give whoever is trying to help girls soccer in sc credit.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard