Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
C
throw in
throw in
C
When it comes to the welfare of my child I will be very greedy. Sorry have seen to many promises to not. I feel I kind of owe it to them. Like I said these were things that just came to mind and not a complete list and I am sure by tomorrow I could triple the number of questions. Of course I have not even begun to add the ones from the BOSS.

I think you are getting a little of what I am trying to say.
It's like buying a car. Do you want to talk to the salesperson or would you rather talk to the previous owner. I would rather talk to the previous owner and find out if the car ever stranded the owner, would not start, had any major repairs, etc. I think the salesman is thinking a little more about his commission rather than what is best for me. That is why I choose to speak to previous players, board members, co-workers and not what is given verbatim.

That is ironic that you feel my statement that, ANYTHING THAT PROMOTES WOMENS SOCCER IS A GOOD THING, is insincere since you do not know me. Do you take the OP as sincere because you know them or because they posted first. I have 4
posts and 1 is deleted, I tried to play off Loc Dog's comment as sarcasm, just as I replied sarcastically of GO TO GREENVILLE on another.

When can I question a post? After a month?, year?, when it agrees with your point? I may have gone too far questioning the deletions and I apologize. I saw 3 deleted that had negative leaning toward BFA, I hope you and Mr. Heise can forgive me.

The main point of my post is that every keeps saying to ask the salesman and when a previous customer makes a statement he is attacked for ruining womens soccer or is against girls or something outlandish like that. Very good questions have been asked. Some are confrontational, some are not, but that does not make it valid or invalid.
If the questions cannot be answered in public then I would be very wary.

I am sorry if the questions offended you or were received as negative. I think all the questions that have been raised need to be answered so that parents can make an informed decision.

Again,

ANYTHING THAT PROMOTES WOMENS SOCCER IS A GOOD THING

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I guess my child would be considered as a previous customer.If you want to pm me and ask questions I will answer what I can..I can't say that I agree with everything that has been done in the past but I can say that my child probably would have not realized what it's like to win two state championships without the club's insight.

goal
goal

you aren’t even paying attention to your own posts. you called other people greedy. quote: "If more people would have asked questions of Madoff instead of just looking at what they were greedily getting for themselves they might be a little better off today."

you can question anything you like, whenever you like. but if you come on here in attack and destroy mode, plan to take some flak.

i’ve seen enough lawyer shows (yes, that makes me an expert) to know that your questions are LEADING. quote: "Are those programs flourishing or do they look like graveyards?" are you serious? you are obviously trying to say something here. just SAY it.

quote: "Do they have any outstanding debt to anyone for field rentals?" is being debt-free a prerequisite for your child to play for someone? good luck with that one.

PLEASE do not apologize to me. i cannot speak for Mr. Heise, though.

you say you'd rather talk to the previous owner (instead of the salesman), but…wait…it appears that YOU are the previous owner. so, if YOU are the previous owner, you already have all the answers, right? me? typically, i like to talk to everyone involved – but, only the person who is the current owner/manager (whatever word you like to use) can tell you certain things – talk to them directly.

if you are SERIOUS about wanting to talk to previous owners about whether their "car ever stranded the owner, would not start, had any major repairs, etc.," please feel free to PM me and i (like cht) will be more than happy to share my experiences.

and, yes, your "questions" were received as negative, but one thing you do not have to be concerned about is offending me.

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
I am no 'expert' which I guess allows me the right to ruffle some feathers ...

Belli, whilst you may think the questions are 'leading', I find them rather relevant. This forum dissects so many different programs and opportunities, I don't see why this should be exempt.

I wish someone could give a good explanation as to why these posts are being deleted?? I have seen far worse, and more importantly, completely false information go unchallenged. Have the posts been inaccurate?

I guess the meeting on Thursday will provide an answer to my question ...

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
"What is their track record at past clubs they have been involved with in the past" I can see this as relevant but " Are those programs flourishing or do they look like graveyards" Is not relevant and sounds more like someone's opinion of a local club that has chosen to keep it local.

C
Coach
Coach
C
These questions have read not so much like requests for information, but rather attempts to publicly call people out based on information that the "questioners" seem to imply that they already know. Not claiming to be inside anyone's head--just stating how it sounds to an outside reader. The combination of card-stacking on issues that may or may not directly affect the success of this particular endeavor, plus the insistence on public speculation rather than contacting those who know directly, only support this impression.

Something that seems like an attack is naturally going to prompt a defensive stance; can't blame anyone for not wanting to get drawn into what seems like a public assault. I have a feeling those who are heading an effort to truly benefit the players in this state would be happy to answer any objective, relevant questions of policy or procedure, either personally or publicly.

I've got good news and bad news...
C
Coach
Coach
C
CHT,

I can't really see someone using a loaded image like "or do they look like graveyards" unless they already have a preconceived notion of the answer that they wish to imprint on the public consciousness. It's an example of an either/or argument where neither extreme may be accurate, but there is no room allowed for anything in between, so the reader is expected to choose the less inaccurate at the expense of arriving at the actual picture. It may be considered as relevant, but only if you attribute the causality of numbers in the program to the individuals, not the nature of the program itself or environmental factors, which may or may not involve a false premise.

We could go on to talk about ad hominem arguments, but I don't want to burn myself out tonight...gotta save some to teach that AP Rhetoric and Composition class in the morning.

I've got good news and bad news...
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Thanks!! My head was starting to spin out of control..

goal
goal
thanks coach, i agree completely (especially the part where you seem to be agreeing with what i said).
and i honestly believe you to be a pretty objective observer here.

an example of a leading question: CUnitedParent, have you been this hateful/spiteful since you were a child, or were you born that way?
(i kept that as nice as i could at the moment)

C
throw in
throw in
C
Bellignorant,

An example of a leading question would be: CUnitedParent, Have you been this hateful/spiteful since you were a child, or did you grow to become that way?.
(Sorry you are having a moment)

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard