Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
goal
goal
nah. i like my version better. i do appreciate your thoughtfulness, though.

i guess i was right on the other, also - you don't have any interest in talking to either the salesman or the previous owner - you just want to throw eggs at the car as it goes by...

C
throw in
throw in
C
Close,
I am too old and lazy to throw eggs.
I would much rather just sit back and watch the look on the persons face that bought the lemon after it breaks down. Especially while they are sipping on their Kool Aid.

goal
goal
RECCOS,

I am asking you in all sincerity to please explain to me the relevance of the following questions you deem to be so important.

"Do the certifications that are claimed by the coaches match what is on file at USSOCCER?"
Ya know, I'll actually give you this one, BUT, please tell me how many times you have asked this question and/or investigated this with other coaches in the past?

"Do they have the financial backing to perform what is promised?"
do you ask for financial records of every company you do business with? i'm not talking about someone you invest money with - i'm talking, when you go to get your hair cut, do you ask the barber what kind of shape he/she is in, financially? last time you signed on with your local telephone carrier (or mobile phone provider, internet provider, etc) did you check out their financials prior to doing so?

"How many fields have they purchased in the past for the benefit of the players or have they lined their pockets with training fees instead?"
you seriously do not believe cunitedparent was making a statement with this one? that "question" seems to be implying that if fields are not PURCHASED, then somebody is purely lining their pockets with fees. not everyone out there can afford to purchase property AND all it takes to get it in shape for playing. maybe i'm just being naive, but training fees to me means that i am paying a fee for training. does mt pleasant soccer club own its fields? does summerville soccer club own its fields? is there a profit involved with training fees? uh, yeah, i'm thinking so. if you know of any trainer who is donating their training fees to charity, please let us all know. i imagine that list is rather small.

"Do they have any outstanding debt to anyone for field rentals?"
again, cunitedparent either knows or thinks he knows something, but who cares? you hire a money manager to coach your child, i'll hire a good trainer. would i prefer my child's trainer to be good with money? sure. but, if i had to choose between the two, i'll take the better trainer and hope the other works out.

"What is their past track record at past clubs they have been involved with in the past?"
what does this even mean? very subjective - again, cunitedparent is obviously trying to say something. give me an example - pick the trainer of your choice and answer that.

"Are those programs flourishing or do they look like graveyards?"
i'll ask again, do you seriously not believe that cunitedparent was making a statement with this one? how can that even be answered? whatever "graveyard" cunitedparent is talking about, he apparently is placing the blame for it on one single person's shoulders. to do so is just plain ridiculous.

"What has been the turnover ratios among players for their past teams?"
does ANY club in the state keep track of something like that?

"What is the number of male vs female teams in past programs?"
again, what is the point here?

so, maybe you've just never thought of these questions before...now that you have, will you go back to the club of your choice and ask them?

goal
goal

cunitedparent, it looks like you'd rather hide behind the bushes and shoot at the car with your rifle (shoot at the salesman and previous owner, too)

using your example...let's say i have owned this car for, oh, about six or seven years now. it runs fine, gets me where i want to go, never left me on the side of the road, never had any serious issues with it. but, all of a sudden, somebody tells me it's a piece of junk, so i should go quickly to the nearest cliff and push it over the side?

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Belli, I am glad you asked ...

Quote:

"Do the certifications that are claimed by the coaches match what is on file at USSOCCER?"
Ya know, I'll actually give you this one, BUT, please tell me how many times you have asked this question and/or investigated this with other coaches in the past?

I have actually suggested to SCYS Board Members that this information be available on the SCYS website.

Quote:

Do they have the financial backing to perform what is promised?"
do you ask for financial records of every company you do business with? i'm not talking about someone you invest money with - i'm talking, when you go to get your hair cut, do you ask the barber what kind of shape he/she is in, financially? last time you signed on with your local telephone carrier (or mobile phone provider, internet provider, etc) did you check out their financials prior to doing so?

Financial records, or rather the lack of finances, was the reason the last discussion I was involved in re: a merger of 2 soccer organizations in this State came to a screeching halt!

Quote:

"Do they have any outstanding debt to anyone for field rentals?"
again, cunitedparent either knows or thinks he knows something, but who cares? you hire a money manager to coach your child, i'll hire a good trainer. would i prefer my child's trainer to be good with money? sure. but, if i had to choose between the two, i'll take the better trainer and hope the other works out.

See answer above.

Quote:

"What is their past track record at past clubs they have been involved with in the past?"
what does this even mean? very subjective - again, cunitedparent is obviously trying to say something. give me an example - pick the trainer of your choice and answer that.

Seriously? A track record is not relevant? Very interesting.

Quote:

"Are those programs flourishing or do they look like graveyards?"
i'll ask again, do you seriously not believe that cunitedparent was making a statement with this one? how can that even be answered? whatever "graveyard" cunitedparent is talking about, he apparently is placing the blame for it on one single person's shoulders. to do so is just plain ridiculous.

You are assuming everyone knows as much as you and CU do. If one was not in the know I would assume he / she was discussing Clubs, not individuals. In fact, I would go as far as to state that through your 'defense' you have made it 'individual' in nature.

Quote:

"What has been the turnover ratios among players for their past teams?"
does ANY club in the state keep track of something like that?

My club does. And we are rather proud of our record! It states we are doing something right!!

Quote:

"What is the number of male vs female teams in past programs?"
again, what is the point here?

I have answered all your questions. I don't even want to answer this one, as you know the answer already!

Have a great day!

C
throw in
throw in
C
No shooting please.
Remember the pen is mightier than the sword.

If it was a mechanic with knowledge of your vehicle I would listen and make an informed decision based on the information I collected. If it was an afficianado of the type of car I drove I would do the same. If it was some one I had no idea of I would still listen and then maybe do a little digging to see if what they said could be true and then make an informed decision. I think I would be a little reckless if I did not check the facts before allowing a loved one to ride in the vehicle.
Don't push it over the side you can fix almost anything.

goal
goal
wow, reccos, reading comprehension is not a strong point. no, i didn't ask how many suggestions you've made to SCYSA – i asked how many times have you asked this question and/or investigated this with other coaches in the past?

second question – nope, you didn't answer that one, either.

ok, third, not really a question.

fourth – nope, again, you didn't answer.

fifth – nope.

sixth – yea! you answered one!

seventh – oh, well...

goal
goal
CUnitedParent, you've got a strange way of trying to fix things.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Belligerent

"if you know of any trainer who is donating their training fees to charity, please let us all know. i imagine that list is rather small."

you'd be suprised what you get when you ask and your mission is sincere, and the trainer has a love for the game.

Ok, we might not have the best trainers in the world (or we might) but we did get commitment from a number without cost.

Totally off topic but couldn't resist. There are still a few idealists around.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
throw in
throw in
WOW!

Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard