Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
throw in
throw in
Quote:

I would think since SCYSA requires a license and SCYSA requires the clubs to provide proof, then SCYSA polices the requirement (at least verifies if one exists). So if you are not content in the statement of the announcement then I suggest you contact SCYSA. After all reading your inqury tells me you would not believe the answer coming from the horses mouth or anyone else on this board or elsewhere.

Once you get the skinny then come back and tell us all your finding.

Just out of curiosity,Do you have any kids playing right now?

Last edited by SCKicker; 04/16/09 05:27 AM.
throw in
throw in
Quote:

Here's a thought..Because you have issues that you can't get addressed..Don't take part and watch from a far for a year and maybe those issues would be resolved for you over the course of the first year or if it's a bust..then you didn't waste your time and efforts..

Good point above. Also,simply stated,they say "East or West,Home is best",why head to Columbia when we need a TON of help in low country / Charleston? One can run their mouth about how merging in Charleston has not been possible due to point a,b,c and z..bottomline is effort in whomever is responsible for that type of discussion has not been genuine enough and even more absurd,not quite in the "kids interest" as the "mission statements" or various "slogans" state. Exhaust your options guys. Some of this stuff sounds rather strange.

O
kick off
kick off
O
(Not an attack on Cunitedparent and with all due respect to the coaching certification process),Just wondering what makes one think that "exclusively" using "A" certified coaches is "it"? Any mind games here? How many times have we seen "A" certified coaches do a gazillion times worse than non licensed coaches? Overall,program plan sounds interesting but please scrap the licensure crap off the program because ultimately we are only fooling ourselves with all that "lettering". Put or get the game where it needs to be.

I think until one has taken the course/s it unfair to make too critical a comment. I agree that licensing does not make a great coach but I think you will find that it does make a better one.
A large part of the problem is that people don't understand what the licensing actually entails. The A and B licenses are really designed for coaching the much older players, adults and professionals.
A lot of professional/college players go into coaching, and for some unknown reason to me, can get exempted straight to the higher licensing. Why they are allowed to skip the introductory, youth level, of licensing and then be thought of as an "expert" for coaching youth players is a little confusing, to me. The courses are designed to be age appropriate and help coaches understand how children think, learn, and teach appropriate methods of teaching for those ages. In school, just because you speak English doesn't mean you understand how to teach it. On the other hand just because you haven't been taught methods of teaching doesn't mean you wouldn't be a good teacher. However, if you are a good teacher understanding methods of how to teach would/should make you better.

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
This whole discussion looks more like somebody throwing mud. Not sure what the motive is but I think anyone who has been around SC club soccer long enough can figure it out. It smells like it may be coming from the upstate. 'nuff said!!!!!

goal
goal
onthefence, have you taken the course? i have taken the course and obtained the ussf d license, and i do believe that some people should be able to exempt at least some levels (as i am only vaguely familiar with what it takes to get the c license and above, i cannot speak for any of those levels)

as an example (and not trying to drag this person into anything, because i don't know him personally, but i believe most people on this board at least know the name) if paul conway were to have finished his professional career tomorrow, i believe he should be able to exempt at least straight to a c license.

based on the material that was covered in the d course i took, i do not believe mr conway could have reached the level he has in soccer without knowing that information so well that he could teach the course this weekend.

even a person who may have "only" played four years of college soccer should know that material like the back of their hands. i have serious doubts that anyone could play four years of college soccer and then see or hear something in that course they didn't already know.

goal
goal
onthefence... also, since no one seems to be helping you satisfactorily, i will try by answering at least one of your questions (i already saw it posted somewhere else in here, but i can't find it right now)

the answer to your question #2 above is: ZERO.

according to the original post in this thread, "It is anticipated each team will go to (3) of the following events:"

(the key word being anticipate)

throw in
throw in
Quote:

(Not an attack on Cunitedparent and with all due respect to the coaching certification process),Just wondering what makes one think that "exclusively" using "A" certified coaches is "it"? Any mind games here? How many times have we seen "A" certified coaches do a gazillion times worse than non licensed coaches? Overall,program plan sounds interesting but please scrap the licensure crap off the program because ultimately we are only fooling ourselves with all that "lettering". Put or get the game where it needs to be.

I think until one has taken the course/s it unfair to make too critical a comment. I agree that licensing does not make a great coach but I think you will find that it does make a better one.
A large part of the problem is that people don't understand what the licensing actually entails. The A and B licenses are really designed for coaching the much older players, adults and professionals.
A lot of professional/college players go into coaching, and for some unknown reason to me, can get exempted straight to the higher licensing. Why they are allowed to skip the introductory, youth level, of licensing and then be thought of as an "expert" for coaching youth players is a little confusing, to me. The courses are designed to be age appropriate and help coaches understand how children think, learn, and teach appropriate methods of teaching for those ages. In school, just because you speak English doesn't mean you understand how to teach it. On the other hand just because you haven't been taught methods of teaching doesn't mean you wouldn't be a good teacher. However, if you are a good teacher understanding methods of how to teach would/should make you better.

onthefence ,Great thesis and well put. I am licensed and All the reasons for licensing are..i should say well cut out. Only reason for alarm is the "exclusive" statement mentioning "A" licensed coaches. Maybe it is meant to attract or maintain numbers who knows Main point really is that there are alot of coaches out there that are not specifically "A" licensed but will work wonders in a players development alot better than a good number of "A" licensed coaches. All said and done, same old stuff only different wording.Hopefully this time this one works out.

O
kick off
kick off
O
I am highly licensed all the way through to the Advanced National with NSCAA and all the way through to a B with USSF plus hold a variety of foreign licenses, including a National Youth with the USYSA. Not coaching at present.

It appears, I have found, that whoever you take the D with changes the impact of the course and the depth as with most courses. I have not heard any complaints with NSCAA courses.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
SCKICKER... I assume you meant the kid playing question to me.... yes I have one

goal
goal
onthefence, i'm not sure if you took my post as complaining about the course i took or not (and that might actually be irrelevant to your argument) but the d level course i took was excellent (and yes, i believe the instructor was the reason). i learned a lot of good stuff, as did the many other participants i spoke with about it (of course, none of us made it quite to the pro level)

but whether that instructor went over ALL the material or not, i went through the entire course book, and i contend that (using my prior example) if van taylor (scysa director of coaching and education) gave a written and oral exam (for the ussf d license) to someone who has just retired from playing professional soccer, that person, based on the knowledge i am thinking they must possess in order to play at that level, and on their years of experience, should be able to pass that test with flying colors.

maybe i just missed something in the book. which part, or parts, do you think a person at that level might have trouble with?

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard