Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
In all the years that my kids have played soccer we have never asked the coaches what licenses they held and they did just fine..Were we missing something?

corner kick
corner kick
Growing up, we never really cared as long as you were allowed to coach. The question was whether s/he was a good coach, not how many classes s/he had attended and passed. In fact, I think the best coach I ever had was only in possession of a "C" License.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
C
throw in
throw in
C
Yes, The Point!!!!

The point is not whether a licensed coach will offer better training than an unlicensed coach which is a debate for another thread.

The point is that a National "A" License is something to be proud of and shows a certain level of achievement, dedication, and status. It is so much so that it requires continuing education to maintain. A lot has changed in the last couple of years especially since 2002.

The point is that if you are promoting the quality and expertise of the program using "A" as an example of how high the level of your training goes but that is not true or cannot be substantiated then that is fraud.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
So you don't have a problem with the program..You just have a problem with someone saying they have an A license and can't back it up? Or you know they don't have an A license and you want someone to come clean? And why the paricular year of 2002?..Don't play poker!! You are showing your hand

Last edited by coldhardtruth; 04/16/09 09:07 PM.
corner kick
corner kick
I didn't realise license 'lying' was such a lucrative and widespread problem. Course, 90+% of the soccer community I know doesn't really care what license their coaches have anyway, so I spose we wouldn't notice it so long as the coach is good anyway.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
S
goal
goal
S
This thread has gone absolutely no where!

Why don't you call the police and file a complaint if you consider this to be fraud. Otherwise stop spouting this dribble.

Personally I would like to get some true debate/information/insight on the pros and cons of this new club and approach to club soccer. However, we keep getting pulled into this political innuendo crap from CUnitedParent.

B
goal
goal
B
Points to debate:

Girls

First, it's been said that anything that is done to promote girls soccer is a good thing. I don't know if that's necessarily the case.

Bridge FA was first established using US Club Soccer to gain excitement and support for the concept of pulling the top players together in the low country. However, it was always intended to move that group into a SCYSA organizaton. Anyone care to speculate if and/or how long it will take to put this group in SCYSA, for the year around "development" of the players?

Boys (lost in all of the excitement about anything promoting girls soccer)

With Rob Strickland moving to train/coach the U18 Academy group, anyone care to speculate what will happen to the CUFC 91 Elite, arguably one of the best teams in SC history?

Organizational Construct in General

Anyone care to speculate/explain how the partnership, wherein a financial partnership is entered between 2 clubs, from different districts, for the use of licensing and branding is different than the ruling the SCYSA made with the CESA - CRSA partnership a few years ago?

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
As far as the girls team moving into the SCYSA..I don't see this happening..Well, let's say I don't see this happening if the players are expected to travel two or three days a week between clubs..I could be wrong but if the older age groups were willing to travel it would of already happened..

B
goal
goal
B
Not necessarily. The boys in the lowcountry weren't willing to travel, just across town, until there was something new, a new organization, and some excitement was gained.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Did'nt the boys teams practice primarily in the lowcountry? Or should I say a majority of their practices were here? Now we are talking three hour round trips between clubs for the girls

Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard