Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
world cup
world cup
I just spent the last two days working in Charleston, Mt. Pleasant, James Island, West Ashley, Goose Creek, Moncks Corner and Summerville. My hotel was near the airport, by the Tanger Outlet Mall.

Sure there was a little traffic going certain directions during drive time, but nothing serious. I don't understand why the best girls soccer players from these communities can't come together and represent one competitive club? If these girls are now willing to make the drive to Columbia (CUFC) or Greenville (CESA), why couldn't they make the drive to a central location in the Low Country (Charleston Southern)?

I don't know what went wrong with Bridge and I'm not asking anybody to tell the story again.......but it sounds like the original idea had merit.

Why can't we all just get along?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
Coach
Coach
C
Hurst,

You came right into my back yard and didn't say hello? I'm hurt. I would have invited you out to kick the ball around with the team for some afternoon diversion.

Funny thing is, we have players who drive from West Ashley to Mt. Pleasant, others who drive from Mt. Pleasant to West Ashley, others either to or from James Island from either or both of the above, etc., so I guess the willingness to drive within the Lowcountry isn't the root of the problem.

I've got good news and bad news...
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Hurst,
Can't speak for every age group but I would say the 92s and 93s are some of the strongest players in the area..There might be one here or there that are not on these teams but for the most part the stronger players are on these teams..It worked in some age groups but not as much in others..

world cup
world cup
cht,
Good to hear that. My youngest daughter is a 93 and I'm glad that age group is doing well.

chass,
Saw the signs for Stratford, saw the signs for Goose Creek, drove right past "Old Wando"....didn't see Berkeley. I'll take a rain check. Some of North Charleston's karaoke establishments can get a little rough. Cops showed up to break up the bar fight (was I that bad?).

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
Coach
Coach
C
We're right in the heart of Moncks Corner--sorry you missed us!

And if you went to a karaoke establishment in North Charleston...well, you're braver than I am, my friend! Tell me the name of the place and I'll tell you just how lucky you were to walk out in one piece.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Gotta get off at the Summerville exit and head north on 17-A to find Moncks Corner..better known as Chass Country

world cup
world cup
I was in the CVS, Food Lion, Bi-Lo, Walgreens and Walmart in Moncks Corner. Then I drove to the Walmart in Goose Creek.

Didn't see Berkeley......didn't see Coach Chass.

Not giving up the name of the establishment, it was a nice place. (Check the local police blotter.)

C
Coach
Coach
C
Yeah, you were on the other end of town; had you hit the Piggly Wiggly, you would have been in the neighborhood. Gotta take Hwy 6 heading out of town towards the back end of nowhere. Next time!

throw in
throw in
Quote:

Yeah, you were on the other end of town; had you hit the Piggly Wiggly, you would have been in the neighborhood. Gotta take Hwy 6 heading out of town towards the back end of nowhere. Next time!

lol

B
goal
goal
B
Quote:

Did'nt the boys teams practice primarily in the lowcountry? Or should I say a majority of their practices were here?

The original construct of it was the practices would be in the areas of the bulk of the players. So, yes the boys were in the low country, and the players from outside the Charleston area were expected to come to practice there.

Quote:

Now we are talking three hour round trips between clubs for the girls

Obviously it hasn't been publicized as such, but keep in mind, the program is centered in Columbia, not too much of a stretch to say the bulk of the players will come from there. Also, not too much of a stretch to say that the parents with the bulk of the players, aren't necessarily going to want to drive, for the sake of the "new" players.

I'm not saying any of this is reality, but, it would make sense to fully consider all of the possibilities, prior to jumping in with both feet.

Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard