Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
B
bench
bench
B
Bellig - Wikipedia is not acceptable as a proof source on this board. That said, I agree he sorta does. BLH

goal
goal
so, BLH, if i told you that i am such a huge fan of george will that my entire post was from memory, are you saying you wouldn't believe me?

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
If true, Belligerent.......you have bigger issues than Bridge-CUFC!!!!

I've always been a big fan of George Will. Don't totally buy into his politics but he is a really smart guy and I love his writing. He's got a great sense of humor, he take pleasure out of tweaking people with opposing views, and he's smart enough to never, ever lose an intellectual argument....at least from what I've seen. I don't know if he's still on whatever it is they now call "This Week with David Brinkley", but I loved him on that too.

B
bench
bench
B
I believe you Bellig. Here's all I've got for a quote (since the Emerson hobgoblin quote has been played), and it's from another great George:

Sam: What are you up to, Norm?
Norm: My ideal weight... if I were 11 feet tall.

George Wendt

S
coach
coach
S
Hurst66: I've noticed that it takes a lot less time to read than to write! But to be honest, I usually get an e-mail from someone when it's a subject they know I'd be interested in. Over two days, I wrote two responses and deleted them; but when Bear began talking about the administrative aspects of this it seemed time. Being a Bridge fan from the outset of the club's creation, I understand the desire that the low-country "unite" - but my aspirations are much lower - I just want freedom of choice for players/parents coupled with an increasing richness and diversity of services offered to those players/parents.

BLH/Belligerant/Big Daddy: Were that I was an intelligent as Will. In addition to lacking his skills, I lack his appreciation for baseball - I'd rather watch paint dry. In this general vein, I tend, by the way, to agree with David Mamet: I think Thomas Sowell is our greatest contemporary philosopher.

throw in
throw in
In response to Shibumi..Hmm

Last edited by SCKicker; 04/27/09 03:57 AM.
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard