Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
H
goal kick
goal kick
H
Manchester, mind giving a recap of the game if you were able to attend? Heard that Irmo came out flat to start the second half but that DF just didn't have enough weapons going forward to make an impact. Also, does anyone know anything about Danny Cates getting ejected from the game for tackling an Irmo student waving an Irmo flag on the Dutch Fork sideline? Not sure what to believe, hope that Cates is not that much of a hot head. Seems a little ridiculous that he got that upset about a game between schools in which he attends neither one anymore

L
throw in
throw in
L
I was there and he did not tackle the guy. First of all the guy was on the field and shouldn't have been in the first place. And all Danny did was take the flag from him. There was no tackling, shoving, punching, or anything he just took the flag from him. He was probably upset because the guy was disrespecting not only DF but the soccer program too and im sure Danny still has pride about his alma mater and wanted to stick up for his school. But in no means did he tackle anybody.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
First of all good game to Irmo and second of all that student was definantly harrased by Cates and another individual. He was simply celebrating running the flag, never did he step on the pitch untill cates shoved him. Completely immature and stupid by Cates, the kid needs to learn a lesson.

A
throw in
throw in
A
Yea, I saw that incident and found it kind of sad. There was no tackling, but there was certainly some shoving going on. Cates should have handled himself differently, though. Whether he wants to be or not, he is a role model to younger children (since he is a USC player now), and there were plenty of little ones there tonight. I understand having pride in your alma mater, but you should not start a pissing match with a couple of high school kids running with a flag. I hope that one of his current coaches wasn't in attendance tonight...

Anyways, for the game. The first half was controlled by Irmo. They scored an early goal from a throw-in from Padula (seems like a trend for them) to Leo. Second goal was off of a quick restart, which was a very heady play, because Emmett was wide open on the back side and just touched it past the keeper. Third goal was another throw-in from Padula to Leo. 3-0 at half, and it was a very dominant performance by Irmo. They could have had a couple more goals, and DF really had only one good goal-scoring opportunity.

Second half had a completely different feel to it. You could tell that Irmo seemed content with their 3-0 lead and just seemed too relaxed. Dutch Fork took advantage of that by possessing much more and the pace of the match slowed. DF generated a lot of pressure on the Irmo defense, but didn't get off too many good shots. After about 20-25 minutes of play in the second, Irmo picked it up some. They got a PK off a deliberate handball (Varney cut the last defender, he slipped because of the wet field and just grabbed the ball...he got a red card, which was the right call). I can't remember much of the 5th goal other than it was a solid buildup but was just sloppy in the box.

In the second half, the game got a bit out of hand with a bunch of cards given to DF. Two red cards were given, one was the handball earlier, the other one a kid got a yellow then when walking away acted like he was gonna go after the ref (he obviously wasn't going to, but still made the motion) and got a second yellow. DF's frustration was understandable, playing a rival and losing by 5 is never fun, but it made an enjoyable match a littler more sour.

Hope this was a decent recap, if you have any questions, I can try to answer. I hope to get to a few more Irmo games this season, if work allows it. They are pretty fun to watch, and I recommend anyone in the Columbia area to go check them out.

C
kick off
kick off
C
You taunt hormonal high school teenagers like that with no physical boundaries between you and them you will get stomped. He is lucky to get away with no real injuries. Congratulations to Irmo on the win.

M
brace
brace
M
Quote:

Manchester, mind giving a recap of the game if you were able to attend? Heard that Irmo came out flat to start the second half but that DF just didn't have enough weapons going forward to make an impact. Also, does anyone know anything about Danny Cates getting ejected from the game for tackling an Irmo student waving an Irmo flag on the Dutch Fork sideline? Not sure what to believe, hope that Cates is not that much of a hot head. Seems a little ridiculous that he got that upset about a game between schools in which he attends neither one anymore

Hollywood, 20champ04 beat me to the punch on an update of the game, but I'd say it was spot on. The one thing I'll elaborate on is what I like ot call "The Padula Factor". Don't be surprised to see Padula bury opponents in close games with his driven throws into the box. This one asset alone should make any opposing keeper nervous down the stretch.

Great stuff to watch!

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
J
Brace
Brace
J
Hmmm, Cates acting like an idiot again? He's a chip off the old block, just like his dad!

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
S
bench
bench
S
Are we really going to bring up family on here? That is a little over board there buddy. No need for it. He knows what he did, and knows it was the wrong thing to do. That is all there needs to be said about it. No need for family involvement.

S
bench
bench
S
firstly,
soccerboy that was very immature and messed up.

secondly,
many of you tend to forget how overboard irmo fans(mostly students) tend to go. they are always very unsportsman-like and many of their antics are ridiculous. so if the boy got "tackled" he probably deserved it. everyone in the area gets sick of their student section, but danny was the first one to do something about it. i give him props for that.

and if you don't know what i mean by overboard try coming to a fusion hockey game. you'll understand.

if your not first. your last.
sG #117208 04/15/09 04:35 PM
R
bench
bench
R
Irmo Kills Dutch Fork just like everyone thought. Better luck next time.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard