Next Thread
Print Thread
#117231 04/14/09 12:12 AM
Y
bench
OP Offline
bench
Y
I'm new to the site but love soccer and am bias towards scisa soccer. Seeings how I had a few kids play not too long ago.

Havent had a chance to see many games this year but was wondering who are the top teams in scisa. I see the boys are ranked 1-10 but the girls stop at 5. Is that because there are no teams worthy of 6-10?

Who are the tops teams? 3A and 2A?

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
There is a vast gap between AA and AAA soccer. Not only in the girls but in the boys. But it is an even greater gap in the girls.

As far as AA girls goes, Beaufort Academy is probably the favorite right now. They already have a win over a ranked Porter Gaud squad.

As far as AAA girls goes, Pinewood is definitely the favorite. They have wins over all of the top 5 schools including 3-1 at Cardinal Newman and 6-2 over Hilton Head Prep early in the season. We will get to learn more next week as Pinewood has to travel to Hilton Head Prep for the rematch.

Even though Hilton Head Prep is quite a bit down from the last few seasons, they are still the three-time defending state champions and will be a very tough out come playoff time as they might have the best player in SCISA in sophomore midfielder Kathleen Blum. She was last years AAA player of the year.

The top four teams seem to be ahead of everyone else with Pinewood on top, followed by Cardinal Newman, Hilton Head Christian and Hilton Head Prep in any order.

Y
bench
OP Offline
bench
Y
Wow Beaufort beat Porter...is that big? You dont hear much about Porter on here. I heard Oakbrook Prep and Greenwood Christian were fairly strong in girls soccer (2A). I also heard Trinity Collegiate was pretty good this year. They got a new coach but only have 11 girls. Heard they were down 2-1 at the half against Heathwood but had to play the 2nd half 11 on 9 due to injury. Then they played Hammond 11 on 9 and lost 6-0 without their 2 best players. Maybe there is a team out there that can knock off Beaufort? I think it will be CN and PP in the 3A girls final.

T
TS Offline
goal kick
goal kick
T
SCISA sports fan...Kathleen Blum was not the AAA player of the year in 2008, Alexandra Fuller was. Kathleen is a quality player but not the best in SCISA.

Yankeesfan...Trinity played Hammond 11 on 10 and Hammond could have scored many more goals if they wanted.

TS #117235 04/14/09 03:38 PM
Y
bench
OP Offline
bench
Y
TS...either way Trinity was without their top 2 players and I think Hammond tried scoring as many as possible. From what I heard, Hammond must have missed 5 open goal shots and the Trinity goalie seemed to be in the right place at the right tiem ALOT. It doesnt matter anyway, I'm just trying to figure out who the top teams are. No 2A team should be beating a 3A team anyway. I think its good they play that kind of competition.

TS #117236 04/14/09 06:03 PM
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

SCISA sports fan...Kathleen Blum was not the AAA player of the year in 2008, Alexandra Fuller was. Kathleen is a quality player but not the best in SCISA.

Yankeesfan...Trinity played Hammond 11 on 10 and Hammond could have scored many more goals if they wanted.

Alexandra Fuller was Miss SCISA Soccer, the All-Classes player of the year. Kathleen was the AAA player of the year. There for sure is not a better midfielder in SCISA than Kathleen and if you think there are better overall players, I would be happy to hear your thoughts on the subject.

T
TS Offline
goal kick
goal kick
T
To my knowledge SCISA's official All-State awards do not include a "miss soccer" or individual level players of the year. They only have the All-State team and male and female players of the year. For 2008 the female player of the year was Alexandra Fuller and the male player of the year was Jordan Troyer. What organization named a SCISA AAA player of the year?

TS #117238 04/15/09 04:45 PM
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

To my knowledge SCISA's official All-State awards do not include a "miss soccer" or individual level players of the year. They only have the All-State team and male and female players of the year. For 2008 the female player of the year was Alexandra Fuller and the male player of the year was Jordan Troyer. What organization named a SCISA AAA player of the year?

They were the HSSR awards. It awards a player of the year at each level and also awards an overall player of the year.

Link Copied to Clipboard