Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
throw in
throw in
S
why dont the high school coaches boycott the State playoffs until we can get people that understand the sport and thatcan be put in charge. I have argued for years that the SCHSL(joke) has no clue as to how to Premote, effectivly run this Sport.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
the games are more than a month away.

they makje no effort to promote the event. They could move it on one days notice just by telling everyone to show up somewhere else.

S
Brace
Brace
S
I am sure it is a lot cheaper at Memorial then to move to a D1 campus. It's just not going to happen.

C
kick off
kick off
C
Over the years I have played coached several sports in this state at the high school level. I have been both a participant and coach in revenue and non revenue sports and have beena active in speaking to the league about championship venues in another non revenue sport (not soccer.) The big problem is money folks. Richland 1 is probably giving the schsl a huge discount to host the finals, while the D1 stadiums you speak of would all require major booking fees. In this state the finals in football and basketball make money, but none of the other finals do UNLESS they are hosted by a high school. When colleges require that you pay a huge fee up front, clean up fees, security fees, parking fees etc they lessen the chance of hosting these events. The hsl only will book a venue in which they think they can make money or at least break even-they won't book a stadium in which they are going to lose money! I hate it because for the kids involved playing at big venues on college campuses is a unique opportunity and reward..however, it doesn't make sense from a financial perspective...and at the end of the day I understand that as well..

S
throw in
throw in
S
Where would the Bracket for the Playoffs be located????

corner kick
corner kick
http://www.schsl.org
Then look is the handbook for the appropriate classification.

M
throw in
throw in
M

S
Brace
Brace
S
http://www.schsl.org/2008/AAA%202008-09%20Handbook.pdf

SCHSL Website
3A Handbook
Page 42 for 3A

Last edited by soccer2103; 04/23/09 06:47 PM.
W
kick off
kick off
W
play the games on the USC practice field, its nice, bring some bleachers in

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
First of all what we are talking about here is our money not anyone elses because we pay the taxes that make all this possible.

Second, the HSL has been paying some amount of money to USC to use Stone Stadium for the last 10 years and this year they would likely not spend anymore to go somewhere other than USC unless USC was giving them a big discount - no reason to expect that.

So all we are really talking about is the HSL spending what they normally do to secure a field comparable to Stone Stadium. Not a lot of rocket science in this - just need someone to do it instead of contriving reasons it can't be done.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard