Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
Y
bench
OP Offline
bench
Y
Can someone help me understand why Porter Gaud girls are ranked #5 in SCISA? Seriously, there has to be 3-4 other 3A teams better than them, not to mention some 2A teams. Again, I'm new to this but wasn't sure how that worked. Why arent the girls ranked 1-10 like the boys?

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
the region has 4 of the best teams in SCISA Porter Gaud has losses to No. 1 Pinewood, No. 3 Hilton Head Christian and No. 4 Hilton Head Prep. I agree there should be a ranking 1 thru 10 like the boys hoa about it Kyle or Kevin.

Y
bench
OP Offline
bench
Y
Yes, they are in a tough region but they lost to 2A Beaufort Academy and almost lost to 2A First Baptist who has lost to some other 2A teams. I realize its not fair to compair scores bc you never know who was out for what team but it does make for interesting conversation.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

Yes, they are in a tough region but they lost to 2A Beaufort Academy and almost lost to 2A First Baptist who has lost to some other 2A teams. I realize its not fair to compair scores bc you never know who was out for what team but it does make for interesting conversation.

getting anybody to discuss anything SCISA is great for SCISA.

Pinewood went up and blew through the Brookland Cayce tournament this weekend winning the championship match 5-0, but nobody has said anything about it. The only reason Pinewood was even in the tournament is because HHP dropped out at the last minute. Congratulations to Pinewood for taking a great opportunity and taking care of business.

dcut is the Porter Gaud coach, so he probably has a good idea of where his team stands. Probaby in the 7-10 range somewhere. My guess is that St. Joe's and Hammond and maybe even Ben Lippen are as good, or better.

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
Congrats to Pinewwod, that shows there are some quality teams in SCISA, we went on the road and played Ben Lippen, won in a shootout, Ben Lippen outplayed us in a shortened game due to light problems. Not making excuses for my team but the loss to BA was the day after spring break. Last year in the playoffs lost to St. Joes 2-1. On any given team any team can compete with anyone (except for Pinewood this season).

goal kick
goal kick
PG is a good squad and as long as they keep winning, they should keep their spot. As for Ben Lippen...we've got to win consistently and beat the top teams in our region in order to earn a spot. Cardinal Newman has been the team to beat in the upperstate region this year. They have solid play all around and are a disciplined team. St. Joe's is as solid as ever. The lowerstate seems to get the most attention, and so far it seems deservedly so. I think both regions will represent well in the playoffs. I would like to see the rankings extended to 1-10 since it should be representative of both AAA and A/AA. At this point, Pinewood seems to be a step ahead of everyone...but the playoffs could still be fun.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

Congrats to Pinewwod, that shows there are some quality teams in SCISA, we went on the road and played Ben Lippen, won in a shootout, Ben Lippen outplayed us in a shortened game due to light problems. Not making excuses for my team but the loss to BA was the day after spring break. Last year in the playoffs lost to St. Joes 2-1. On any given team any team can compete with anyone (except for Pinewood this season).

I think Hilton Head Christian proved that the top few teams can compete with Pinewood. That game went to overtime if I remember correctly. Both HHCA and HHP (now) have the defense to compete with Pinewood. The question is can either team score. I am not sure they can.

I don't care what the excuses are, you can't lose to Beaufort Academy and win by one goal over First Baptist if you are going to be a top team in SCISA. The small wins over Orangeburg are even bad wins. That Orangeburg team is a bad JV team.

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
i can not dis-agree with you without depth on the bench it is tough to compete. Pinewood has how many players playing club soccer. I have 3, that is it.

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
i still would like to see the tbale expand too ten (JUST LIKE THE BOYS)

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

PG is a good squad and as long as they keep winning, they should keep their spot. As for Ben Lippen...we've got to win consistently and beat the top teams in our region in order to earn a spot. Cardinal Newman has been the team to beat in the upperstate region this year. They have solid play all around and are a disciplined team. St. Joe's is as solid as ever. The lowerstate seems to get the most attention, and so far it seems deservedly so. I think both regions will represent well in the playoffs. I would like to see the rankings extended to 1-10 since it should be representative of both AAA and A/AA. At this point, Pinewood seems to be a step ahead of everyone...but the playoffs could still be fun.

I am interested to see how the playoff brackets shake out. Hilton Head Prep and Hilton Head Christian should end up tied for second in the region. I don't think anybody else in the region can beat them. HHCA has a one game lead over HHP right now, but they still have a game with Pinewood.

I am not sure how the tie will be broken because the point differential in the two games is tied. HHP won 1-0 and HHCA won 1-0. That will be a big tie-breaker because the second place team will probably host Ben Lippen and the third place team will probably travel to St. Joe's.

1st and 4th place in each region appear to be locked up with Porter Gaud traveling to Cardinal Newman in the first round and Hammond traveling to Pinewood.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard