Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
T
TS Offline
goal kick
goal kick
T
I don't know how the selection process works in SCISA, but apparently the team has already been announced. I don't have the list of all-state players, but someone else on the board may.

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
it is posted on the scisa web site and iam shocked how are these selections made

T
TS Offline
goal kick
goal kick
T
What is the selection process?

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Could somebody just copy and paste the all-state list here for everyone to see easily?

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
From SCISA Website

THE SOUTH CAROLINA INDEPENDENT SCHOOL COACHES’ ASSOCIATION
2009 All-State Girls’ Soccer Team

Ashton Avent Trinity Collegiate
Alexa Barnes Cardinal Newman
Amanda Belcher Spartanburg Christian
Kathleen Blum Hilton Head Prep
Taylor Darling Pinewood Prep
Jessica Day Hilton Head Christian
Megan Fish Pinewood Prep
Madison Guest Spartanburg Christian
Molly Jones Trinity Collegiate
Colleen Leung Ashley Hall
Chelsea Mixson Beaufort Academy
Nicole Onate Cardinal Newman
Sammi Osman Ben Lippen
Carrie Settle Ben Lippen
Courtney Angotti-Smith Pinewood Prep
Kimrey Angotti-Smith Pinewood Prep
Sarah Specter Hammond
Molly Rainwater Cardinal Newman
Janel Raquet Hilton Head Christian
Christen Rentz James Island Christian
Emily Zankman St. Joseph’s Catholic

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

it is posted on the scisa web site and iam shocked how are these selections made

The list is a joke.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Spartanburg Christian and Trinity Collegiate had as many players as Hilton Head Christian and more players than Hilton Head Prep.

Both of the AAA schools would beat those two AA schools by at least 5 goals.

Y
bench
OP Offline
bench
Y
WOW, scisasportsfan, you seem pretty upset with the all-state team. I'm guessing you havent seen Trinity or SCA play correct? To say they would lose to HHP or HHCA without even seeing them play is big prediction. I dont know how the teams are selected nor I am taking up for anyone, but I am pretty sure EVERY team has a few girls capable of making the all-state team. Just bc a team is better, doesnt mean that team has the BEST player on the field. Does that make sense to you? I can assure you Molly Jones from Trinity can start for ANY 3A team. She scored 3 goals on Heathwood and Trinity played them 11 on 9 without their top midfielder (Rebecca Leviner). Anyway, I agree HHP and HHCA are probably the better team but that doesnt mean they have the best players outside of Blum may be one the top players in all of scisa.

M
bench
bench
M
How does SCISA come up with this list? Is there a voting process? What coaches are involved? I would put it out there that this is one reason why SCISA women's soccer has such an uphill battle earning respect in the state- I interpret this list as the SCISA higher ups not giving another women's sport due respect. I don't know if SCISASPORTSFAN has a point or not, as I have not seen trinity or sca play, but his posts have been thorough and regularly verified by others, particularly coaches of teams. It is unfortunate when adults (such as those at scisa hq- i'm making the assumption they sanction and create the list) screw up everything for the players. So how can we go about changing this and helping the players?

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
I can vouch for Belcher from SCA. My team played SCA and as a team not great but Amanda was a very good player.

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard