Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
goal kick
goal kick
If it's the same as the upperstate region, they would break the tie by playing a tie-breaker game. Goal differential doesn't matter, only head-to-head. I think this is a SCISA rule, not by region.

There are still a lot of games to play. We can end up as low as 4th or as high as 2nd or even 1st depending on how things shake out. I, too, am interested in seeing how the brackets turn out and who ends up where. Should be good!

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
we had a "play in" game with Ashley Hall last season winners advanced to play St. Joes

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Yeah, it looks like a tie-breaker game would be required. That would be interesting and it would be interesting to listen to the arguments as to which team would get to host the game.

Although, as I look at it a little more now, I don't think the positioning makes that big of a difference. Whichever team plays St. Joe's won't have to travel all the way to Greenville and vice versa. Either Hilton Head team vs St. Joe's would be played at a neutral site.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

we had a "play in" game with Ashley Hall last season winners advanced to play St. Joes

Where did you play St. Joe's?

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
We met in Columbia (neutral site)a SCISA rule for traveling over a certain amount of miles total disadvantage to the higher seeded teams, not much of a crowd.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Last year, Ben Lippen and St. Joe tied for upperstate top ranking while Hammond had a great last week of regular season and through playoffs to make the championship game against HHC. So, anything can happen in the next couple of weeks.
Cardinal Newman looks pretty good right now, but Pinewood Prep looks really good from front to back.
Right now Pinewood is the better 3A team and should win the championship. But that is why you have playoffs.

Y
bench
OP Offline
bench
Y
well good, maybe the 2 men in charge will rank 1-10 for now on. Well, it sounds like its PW to lose and HHCA and HHP are hoping for 2. Is everyone in agreement that Beaufort Academy girls are the team to beat in 2A? Can Cardinal Newman compete with HHCA and HHP?

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
i have not seen Cardinal Newman this season; but i can not see anyone taking out Pinewood unless you play 11 behind the ball and make them break you down not the best soccer in the world; but can it work?????

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Quote:

Pinewood went up and blew through the Brookland Cayce tournament this weekend winning the championship match 5-0, but nobody has said anything about it. The only reason Pinewood was even in the tournament is because HHP dropped out at the last minute. Congratulations to Pinewood for taking a great opportunity and taking care of business.

Actually Pinewood entered the Lady Bearcat Invitational awhile back - before Hilton Head Prep dropped out. I believe they entered before Stratford and that Eau Claire took HHP spot.

Bottom line - SCISA teams are getting more respect from the public schools and I would expect to see more SCISA teams in some of the bigger name tournaments.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

well good, maybe the 2 men in charge will rank 1-10 for now on. Well, it sounds like its PW to lose and HHCA and HHP are hoping for 2. Is everyone in agreement that Beaufort Academy girls are the team to beat in 2A? Can Cardinal Newman compete with HHCA and HHP?

I doubt you will see a ranking from 1-10. There just aren't enough teams for it. None of the AA teams are good enough to be in the top 10 anyway. So why rank 10 AAA team when there are only about 12 teams period.

To answer your question about Cardinal Newman, yes, I believe they are good enough to beat HHP and HHCA. Alexa Barnes gives them a dominant scorer up front that can take advantage of any mistake on the back end.

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard