corner kick
D
@ Porter Gaud
Hilton Head Prep 5 Porter Gaud 0

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
SCISA is getting some nice recognition in the All Class Rankings posted this week:

Pinewood - 5th
Hilton Head Christian - 14th
Cardinal Newman - 21st

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

@ Porter Gaud
Hilton Head Prep 5 Porter Gaud 0

What were your thoughts on the game? I know after the first time you played them that you thought you would have a chance to fair better with a complete roster in the second game?

Pinewood has a tough week with Hilton Head Christian at home on Tuesday and then traveling to Hilton Head Prep on Thursday.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

SCISA is getting some nice recognition in the All Class Rankings posted this week:

Pinewood - 5th
Hilton Head Christian - 14th
Cardinal Newman - 21st

This is very good to see. It is always nice to see SCISA teams being recognized amongst the elite in the state.

I am not so sure about Cardinal Newman after their loss to Heathwood this week and Pinewood has a real big week playing HHCA at home and then traveling to HHP.

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
SCISA sports fan to be honest we just do not have the players to compete, you try to build your team up to compete but it is what takes place on the pitch. Blum is a quality player and everything seems to go thru her. No 8 in the back sets the tempo for the defence and is hard to break down. The rematch with Pinewood will be interesting.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

SCISA sports fan to be honest we just do not have the players to compete, you try to build your team up to compete but it is what takes place on the pitch. Blum is a quality player and everything seems to go thru her. No 8 in the back sets the tempo for the defence and is hard to break down. The rematch with Pinewood will be interesting.

Coach,

At least your kids try to compete. At least you put your kids in a position to compete. For that you are to be commended. You could employ the Ashley Hall strategy and put 10 players inside the 18 and try to keep teams from scoring, but you allow your kids to play the game and come what may.

Congrats to you and your team and good luck with the upset bid in the playoffs.

As far as HHP goes, the biggest difference between now and the beginning of the season when they played Pinewood is Lane Czura (#8) at sweeper. She started the season playing up and has moved back where she is becoming dominant. Sweeper is where she played for the bridge team before she changed clubs.

The change was made right after the Barnwell game and since, they have only had one game (Hilton Head High) where they have given up 2 goals.

I think you are probably right about this being Pinewood's year. I don't think HHCA can score enough and HHP is just too young. They are starting 4 to 5 8th graders every game to go along with 2 freshman and 3 sophomores with only one senior.

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
I tried the "Ahley Hall Stratagy" against Pinewood and we conceded in the first two minutes of the match so it kind of defeated the purpose. The first game we played against them we played them straight up and lost 5-0, the second game we tried to sit behind the ball in the first half, played them straight up in the second half and still lost 5-0, so which way do you go?

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I don't think teams want to stay behind the ball or packed in the box but with the talent some teams have compared to others..What choice do they have? It's not fair to say that it's a Ashley Hall strategy when I remember a time not to long ago Pinewood played out of their own box too..

corner kick
corner kick
Ashley Hall's strength always used to ebb back and forth. When I played for them in middle school, we had a handful of Fury members and made it to the playoffs. That was also back when Pinewood was not a real contender; the big powers were HHP and upper-state schools like Cardinal Newman.

I do know that almost all of my challenge/premier teammates elected against playing for Ashley Hall Varsity while they were there, so while Ashley Hall the school may actually have enough talent to be a decent player in the state, that doesn't necessarily mean that all of those talented players are going to come together and play. The program doesn't have that kind of weight there like Wando would.

At Wando, if you're a top player, with a few exceptions, you play for the school because the program has a reputation. Ashley Hall's program doesn't have the pull to entice people away from a break or private goings on. Also, do they even have a serious coach or is it still like it used to be, with whatever teacher volunteered?

You do what you can with the personnel you have and since nobody likes to lose by a lot, I can't blame them for doing what they could.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Very big wins last night for three SCISA teams in Columbia.

Ben Lippen won at St. Joe's 2-1 to move into a tie for second in the region. This was a giant win for Coach Brown's squad because St. Joe's still has one game remaining with Cardinal Newman and Ben Lippen has played them twice already. If Ben Lippen takes care of business against Augusta Christian on Thursday, they should finish in second all alone and earn a home game in the first round against either Hilton Head Christian or Hilton Head Prep.

This was a huge blow to whomever finishes second in the region between Hilton Head Christian or Hilton Head Prep, because St. Joe's finishing third means no home game for the second place team in the region. The game will have to be played at a neutral site probably in Columbia.

Cardinal Newman had a big win 3-1 over all-classes #15 team Chapin. Doesn't do anything for region standings, but it shows us that Cardinal Newman is for real and was able to bounce back from the thrashing they received from Heathwood Hall.

Hammond won 4-1 against perennial power AC Flora. Flora is down just a big this year, but it tells us that either Heathwood Hall at #4 (who just hammered Cardinal Newman last week) or Hammond at #4 will both be stern tests for Pinewood in the first round next week.

Heathwood and Hammond play tomorrow night. If Hammond wins, they are secure 4th place in the region. If Heathwood wins, it would secure a tie with Hammond and the teams would have to have a play-in game.

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard