Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
World Cup
World Cup
I mean, they are good - don't get me wrong. But saying they "will not likely be stopped by any team (public or private)" is a pretty dumb comment seeing how they already have been stopped. I just don't understand why that comment was made.

That's like saying Florida will win the national championship in football and go undefeated...after they just lost to Ole Miss. Doesn't make sense.

S
bench
bench
S
Just to be clear, I was simply commenting that PPS SO FAR has proven to be a very good team but has not yet won a state title - so HHP deserves credit for their accomplishemnts. I would say that it is impossible to compare the teams.

World Cup
World Cup
PPS has absolutely, without a doubt, proven to be a VERY GOOD team. I watched the Airport game and, having never heard of them prior, was pretty amazed at what I saw. For such a small school, that's one good soccer team.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Hilton Head Prep 5
Ashley Hall 0

Big match tomorrow between HHP and Pinewood at HHP. Won't affect first place in the region as Pinewood has locked that up, but it could have an impact on second and third between HHCA and HHP.

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
Porter Gaud 2 @ Academic Magnet 1

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
St. Joseph’s 3, Cardinal Newman 1
Heathwood Hall 3, Hammond 1,

I believe this still leaves CN as the region champions but results in a playoff between St. Joe and Ben Lippen for 2nd/3rd and a second game between Heathwood Hall and Hammond for 4th.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

St. Joseph’s 3, Cardinal Newman 1
Heathwood Hall 3, Hammond 1,

I believe this still leaves CN as the region champions but results in a playoff between St. Joe and Ben Lippen for 2nd/3rd and a second game between Heathwood Hall and Hammond for 4th.

those games had huge impacts on the standings in both regions. As it stood, Ben Lippen was going to finish in second and St. Joe's would be third. That meant that whichever team between HHCA and HHP finished second would not receive a home game, but would have to travel to a neutral site to play St. Joe's because of the 180 mile travel rule.

It also means that all of the teams in the second/third spots will be playing playoff games on Saturday instead of two teams playing and two teams resting.

corner kick
corner kick
Does anyone have a bracket for the SCISA playoffs?

Fletch: It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am NOT a big man.
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

Does anyone have a bracket for the SCISA playoffs?

Region 1 #1 (Cardinal Newman) vs Region 2 #4 (Porter Gaud)

Winner plays Winner of

Region 2 #2 (HHCA or HHP) vs Region 1 #3 (Ben Lippen or St. Joes)

That is one half of the bracket.

Other half is:

Region 2 #1 (Pinewood) vs Region 1 #4 (Heathwood or Hammond)

Winner plays Winner of

Region 1 #2 (Ben Lippen or St. Joes) vs Region 2 #3 (HHCA or HHP)

Hope that clears it up for you.

Teams in () have clenched those spots.

L
Goal
Goal
L
Over the past 2 years and on the girl’s side, AC Flora, CN, Dreher, Hammond and Heathwood Hall all have lost a lot of talent. Ben Lippen might be in the same boat, too. All teams appear to be rebuilding and have young talent that needs time to develop. It’s interesting that these schools draw (mostly) from the same central/downtown midlands area of Columbia. Will these teams over the next 1, 2, 3 years regain their competiveness?

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard