Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
B
goal
goal
B
I'm not certain that bracket scenario is accurate this year, (at least on the boys side, but I don't think they would have 2 different brackets). There's a 3rd region this year, unlike last year, and chances are that is going to cause a different bracketing scenario. I have heard that it's going to be more like the basketball. It very well could be that one or more of these 8 teams you mention gets left out.

SCISA Region Alignment 2008-2010

I know OP had a girls team, don't know about Wilson Hall, but chances are there will be a 3rd region champion.

Last edited by Bear; 04/30/09 05:50 PM.
goal kick
goal kick
The boys and girls brackets are different w/ 3 boys regions. I don't know the exact alignments, but can speak somewhat to the bracket. The top 3 upperstate region teams get in, the top 3 lowerstate teams get in, and the top 3rd region team gets in, along with 1 at-large bid. I don't know exactly how the bracket looks and SCISA doesn't have it posted, but maybe that helps a bit.

Wilson Hall has no girls team.

B
goal
goal
B
Thanks coach, that does help some. I just hope that SCISA has a little more respect for the soccer side than what it appears the SCHSL does.

I know there is possibly some play in games and such on the boys side, but you would think they would have at least the structure defined and posted at this point, given the games are on Monday.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

Over the past 2 years and on the girl’s side, AC Flora, CN, Dreher, Hammond and Heathwood Hall all have lost a lot of talent. Ben Lippen might be in the same boat, too. All teams appear to be rebuilding and have young talent that needs time to develop. It’s interesting that these schools draw (mostly) from the same central/downtown midlands area of Columbia. Will these teams over the next 1, 2, 3 years regain their competiveness?

Those SCISA teams that you mentioned are competitive this year. Cardinal Newman won their region by two games and all the other SCISA teams you mentioned have a chance to make the playoffs. Yes, alot of the teams are young, but teams all across SCISA are young. Out of 18 kids for Hilton Head Prep, 13 are in 8th - 10th grades with 8 of those being 8th graders.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

The boys and girls brackets are different w/ 3 boys regions. I don't know the exact alignments, but can speak somewhat to the bracket. The top 3 upperstate region teams get in, the top 3 lowerstate teams get in, and the top 3rd region team gets in, along with 1 at-large bid. I don't know exactly how the bracket looks and SCISA doesn't have it posted, but maybe that helps a bit.

Wilson Hall has no girls team.

There are only two regions for Girls. Three for boys. The brackets will be totally different for each. The girls bracket will be the same as it was last year and the boys bracket will be similar to the basketball bracket.

Orangeburg Prep's girls were part of the lowerstate region this year. Wilson Hall, Florence Christian and Laurence Manning are all without girl's teams.

Region 1 Teams
Augusta Christian
Ben Lippen
Cardinal Newman
Hammond
Heathwood Hall
St. Joes

Region 2 Teams
Ashley Hall
Hilton Head Christian
Hilton Head Prep
Northwood Academy
Orangeburg Prep
Pinewood
Porter Gaud

Those are the only AAA teams in girls SCISA soccer.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

Thanks coach, that does help some. I just hope that SCISA has a little more respect for the soccer side than what it appears the SCHSL does.

I know there is possibly some play in games and such on the boys side, but you would think they would have at least the structure defined and posted at this point, given the games are on Monday.

The girls play-in games will be held Saturday. The girls playoff games begin on Tuesday with higher seeded teams from each region hosting games. Only exception is St. Joe's, whichever team from Hilton Head plays them will have to play at a neutral site due to 180 mile travel rule.

goal kick
goal kick
St. Joseph's agreed to "forfeit" the tie-breaker game to Ben Lippen, per my AD a few moments ago. This is due to the fact that regardless of taking the #2 or #3 seed, St. Joseph's would have to travel to a neutral field. This way Ben Lippen gets the home game on Tuesday vs one of the Hilton Head teams and St. Joseph's will be the #3 seed from the region.

Heathwood and Hammond are supposed to play Friday I think to determine the #4 seed. Exciting times!

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

For whatever reason, SCISA seems to be about the same when it comes to posting things and getting info out. SLOW. For example, the SCISA All-State reception is scheduled for this coming Sunday, May 3. However, the All-State Team has yet to be announced. Playoffs start Monday for boys, and no brackets are posted online. However, they have emailed out brackets and information to ADs and coaches. It would be nice if more up-to-date information could be found online at the SCISA website instead of having to research so much. Such is life I guess.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Coach Brown,
Assuming some of your players make the all-state team, how will they know to attend the reception? Can you post a list of your all-region team?

goal kick
goal kick
Great question, greenacres. I have a feeling two of mine should be on there, but you never know with SCISA. My guess is we'll hear something tomorrow afternoon and it will be my job to get word of the events to the players and parents. I can't imagine it will be well-attended with such last minute notice.

SCISA CLASS AAA – REGION II ALL-REGION TEAM - 2009

Emily Zankman St. Joseph’s F 12th
Alexa Barnes Cardinal Newman F/M10th
Carrie Settle Ben Lippen M/F 12th
Sarah Spector Hammond F 9th
Sammi Osman Ben Lippen D/M 12th
Nicole Onate Cardinal Newman M 10th
Mary Stanton St. Joseph’s M/F 10th
Sophie Cobb Cardinal Newman M 9th
Logan Ress Heathwood Hall M 11th
Sarah Prickett Hammond M/D12th
Maggi Campanaro Cardinal Newman M 11th