Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Could someone post the play-in games (tomorrow & Saturday) and next week's game schedules? It would be helpful.
Also, I found out last year that if you visited the SCISA web site for soccer on a Mac, some of the posted info would not show up - so you never knew about it. Don't know if they fixed that oddity or not.

goal kick
goal kick
Then that could be my problem...I'm a mac.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Pinewood 3
Hilton Head Prep 1

goal kick
goal kick
Anybody know if and when HHC and HHP will play for the tie-breaker? How about Heathwood and Hammond in the upperstate region? If anyone has dates and times or any other info for those games, please post. Thanks!

goal kick
goal kick
Gunners04, I don't have details for the play-in games, but next week's playoff games will be played Tuesday (1st round), Thursday (semis), and Saturday (finals). Championship game will be 10:00am Saturday, May 9 at Porter-Gaud. Tuesday and Thursday will be played at higher seeds. Game times are to be determined by host sites, typically at either 5:00 or 6:00 per SCISA rules.

T
TS Offline
goal kick
goal kick
T
Heathwood v. Hammond is tonight(Friday) 6PM @ Cardinal Newman.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

St. Joseph's agreed to "forfeit" the tie-breaker game to Ben Lippen, per my AD a few moments ago. This is due to the fact that regardless of taking the #2 or #3 seed, St. Joseph's would have to travel to a neutral field. This way Ben Lippen gets the home game on Tuesday vs one of the Hilton Head teams and St. Joseph's will be the #3 seed from the region.

Heathwood and Hammond are supposed to play Friday I think to determine the #4 seed. Exciting times!

This is an absolute travesty and borders on unethical. That forfeit has huge implications on the opposite side of the playoff bracket. It means that whichever Hilton Head team finishes in second place will not receive a home game they deserve and earned because of the 180 mile travel rule. If I was one of those coaches or AD's I would be screaming my head off.

goal kick
goal kick
Could one problem be the 180-mile rule? Without this, a decision like this one wouldn't have such implications. Let me be clear that this wasn't my call, but St. Joe's made the decision. I'll happily take the home game, but understand the other side of the issue as well. I also understand why the rule is in place...but could it be one of the problems here?

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

Could one problem be the 180-mile rule? Without this, a decision like this one wouldn't have such implications. Let me be clear that this wasn't my call, but St. Joe's made the decision. I'll happily take the home game, but understand the other side of the issue as well. I also understand why the rule is in place...but could it be one of the problems here?

Ofcourse St. Joe's wanted to make this decision. It does nothing but help them. The third spot in that region is absolutely better than the second because it allows them to be on the same side of the bracket as Cardinal Newman and opposite of Pinewood. They also get to rest on Saturday when the team they are going to be playing on Tuesday is going to be playing.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

Pinewood 3
Hilton Head Prep 1

What a great highschool girls soccer match. Very wide open and played from end to end all afternoon.

Game was tied 1 to 1 at halftime with a goal by Noonan from HHP and a goal by the young Angotti-Smith sister. Game stayed tied till about 13 minutes left when Angotti-Smith got loose on a counter attack for her second goal of the game. Megan Fish scored the third goal for Pinewood in injury time when HHP was pushed up trying to get the equalizer.

Like I said, an absolutely great match. These were two very even teams playing great soccer. I look forward to a possible rematch in the playoffs.

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard