Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Throw In
OP Offline
Throw In
South Carolina United FC will hold tryouts for its Boys USSF Development Academy teams and Girls Elite Showcase teams as follows:

May 2d - BB&T Complex in Ballentine
Girls - 5-7pm Boys - 6-8pm

May 3d - Charleston Southern Univ
Girls - 4-6pm Boys - 6-8pm

May 9th - Charleston Southern Univ
Girls - 4-6pm Boys - 6-8pm

May 10th - BB&T Complex in Ballentine
Girls - 2-4pm Boys - 3-5pm

Prospective players are strongly encouraged to attend as many of these sessions as possible in order to ensure a complete and fair evaluation.

Players eligible for the Boys U-18 team must be born in 1991 or later. Players eligible for the Boys U-16 team must be born in 1993 or later.

The Girls U-15, U-16 and U-17 teams will be based on the August 1 - July 31 year.

The expectation is to announce team selections by May 15th.

While some coaching and staff positions are still being filled, we can announce the following:

Boys USSF Development Academy U-18
Head Coach - Rob Strickland
Ass't Coach - Greg Vallee

Boys USSF Development Academy U-16
Head Coach - Clark Brisson
Ass't Coach - Jake Kingston

Girls Elite Showcase U-15
Head Coach - Jeff Hoerner
Ass't Coach - Heather Fredrick

Girls Elite Showcase U-16
Head Coach - TBD
Ass't Coach - Shannon Camp

Girls Elite Showcase U-17
Head Coach - Jason Birchwood
Ass't Coach - TBD

Additional Club Staff Coaches (more to come):
Dom Wren
Phil Savitz
Collin Phillips
Jason Duncan
Dusty Hudock (GK)

(Southcarolinaunitedfc.com is expected to be live before the end of this week. Online registration for tryouts will be available at the website. The registration fee is $30.00)

L
Goal
Goal
L

on the girl's side, how will the ges teams impact cufc and bfa premier level teams. is this a merger with cufc and bfa with the girls?

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

on the girl's side, how will the ges teams impact cufc and bfa premier level teams. is this a merger with cufc and bfa with the girls?

Quote:

What is its purpose?

To provide to the best and most committed female U14-U17 female soccer players in South Carolina a centrally located high quality cost effective supplemental training and college recruiting program which still enables participants to play on their respective SCYSA affiliated teams and high school teams.

O
kick off
kick off
O
Why do I get the feeling that Bridge will use this as a tool to also recruit players for their SCYSA teams. If it doesn't effect their SCYSA teams why didn't they hold these tryouts after SCYSA tryouts and when players seasons are over?

If we require the players to be the most qualified and suitable for playing at the top level why don't we expect the coaching staff to be?! Several of the coaching staff do not have the appropriate licenses for coaching their age groups so I can only assume from the below previous announcement that they will not be training their own players?

"Once selected and rostered, players will be trained by USSF “A” licensed trainers Clark Brisson and Greg Vallee and coached by designated South Carolina United FC coaches Heather Frederick, Phil Savitz, Jason Birchwood and Jeff Hoerner."

Looks like Clark and Greg will be busy.

L
Goal
Goal
L
thanks, coach p

goal
goal
onthefence, if you want to find your child a coach based on paper qualifications, go right ahead - that's your prerogative. but i can assure you that he/she will be missing out on some of the best coaches out there.

i completely understand the purpose of coaching licenses, but that is only one part of a coach's qualifications. as i've mentioned before, i have personally had a coach with a ussf "A" license that i wouldn't let train my dog, much less my child. onthefence, if you're interested, let me know and i'll help you get in touch with him. nah...i wouldn't even do that to you.

M
kick off
kick off
M
Are you jealous? All those Licenses that you have and you are not coaching?

O
kick off
kick off
O
Belig, as explained before it doesn't ensure that they are a good coach just that they are a better coach than they would be without it. There must be some reason that other jobs educating children have paper qualifications.

MPSC, that's very funny....you are obviously not a coach as I am sure the hours you are required be a stand up comedian must conflict with coaching

goal
goal
onthefence, the reasons that "other jobs educating children have paper qualifications" are probably very similar to the reasons why coaching licenses were created. but, with teachers, i believe at least a couple of the ways to ensure you not only have a qualified (certified) teacher, but also a "good" teacher is through direct assessment, i.e., another teacher sitting in the classroom during the day; and student testing, to see what and how much the students have been taught (education experts, please feel free to correct me on this)

with coaching, i believe the process is much simpler - if you are not a "good" coach, people are either going to complain about you (which happens even with good ones) or they are going to go elsewhere. it's kind of a self-fixing problem. word gets around - if the coach is "good" he/she will find work. if not, they will probably spend all their free time on bulletin boards, trying to stir up trash about the ones who are.

Kickoff
Kickoff
Since I have spent/wasted the time reading through these I gotta say the current score is:
Belligerent 1
onthefence 0

Belligerent pulled ahead with the "if the coach is "good" he/she will find work. if not, they will probably spend all their free time on bulletin boards, trying to stir up trash about the ones who are"

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard