Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
throw in
throw in
Education is a necessity. A coach being on the forums doesn't mean that they cannot find work.He/she just might be wideining their knowledge of what sorrounds the game. Absolutely no harm in a coach looking through forums about something they love coaching/teaching.
Meanwhile,can't say too much about the CUFC - Bridge issue except that for all the soccer knowledge that has been "sprayed" out here and elsewhere,everyone has a right of choice and while making your childs choice,don't hold anyone accountable but yourself.We have alot of options around here anyway. One can only hope for the best.

Last edited by SCKicker; 04/27/09 03:50 AM.
Throw In
OP Offline
Throw In
The South Carolina United FC Website is up and running! Thank you for your patience.

Follow the links on the left of the home page to register for boys USSF Development Academy U-18 or U-16 tryouts or for the girls Elite Showcase U-15, U-16, or U-17 tryouts.

Throw In
OP Offline
Throw In
With regard to "eligibility" to try out:

ANY player of the appropriate age is eligible and invited to try out for either the boys Development Academy teams or the girls Elite Showcase teams. This includes players who are currently rostered to SCYSA teams, regardless of whether their "seasonal year" is completed. No, player, coach or club is subject to sanction by SCYSA for attending these tryouts.

The above (with the exception of the "invitation") has been acknowledged by SCYSA

world cup
world cup
Is the tryout fee $30?

I see reference to a "registration fee", is this the same thing?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
SCUnitedFC

I didn't see the answers to these questions on the website, so hopefully you can help. How will the ruling against Clark Brisson, banned from ALL soccer activities for 15 months, affect the following:

1. 16 Academy Team Staff
2. Brisson's and Bridge FA's association with SC United FC
3. SC United FC's involvement with the Bridge FA's US Academy franchise

Throw In
OP Offline
Throw In
The email addresses of all Club staff and BOD can be found at southcarolinaunitedfc.com.

Any questions about any aspect of our program(s) should be directed to the appropriate person. That is the best method by which to ensure that questions are answered fully and reliably.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
That is what I figured.

CUnitedParent, stop private messaging me.

T
throw in
throw in
T
Quote:

SCUnitedFC

I didn't see the answers to these questions on the website, so hopefully you can help. How will the ruling against Clark Brisson, banned from ALL soccer activities for 15 months, affect the following:

1. 16 Academy Team Staff
2. Brisson's and Bridge FA's association with SC United FC
3. SC United FC's involvement with the Bridge FA's US Academy franchise

My question is how do the players feel about this situation? And along with the players, what about the parents?

Where is the line between supporting your club (which I think parents should do) and telling a club that you are disappointed with the actions that were taken by their staff?

I want to support my club, but if a DOC or coach does something against the rules, as a parent, I feel you hold them responsible. If I had to explain this whole situation to my child, it would be hard.

I would imagine the Bridge players really like their coaches at this point....but how do you follow a coach whose "program" had to be changed because they were not allowed to be in the "program." (SCYSA to US Club) What message does it send to the kids???

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Where can you find information about the offense and the punishment? Would that be on SCYSA website?

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Great points ST. What about #2 and #3? Another potential issue could be with US Soccer. Do they allow Bridge to stay in Academy. It's not as if their results merit continued membership. Could this change SC United FC in terms of league to play in or existence in general.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard