Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
goal
goal
B
And so begins the club spin.

At the risk of perpetuating the club spin, I'm going to offer some other possible explanations to some of this.

CESA, from the parent and player perspective, is pretty much politic free. CESA, and other clubs, particularly the ones striving for competitive programs, are by their very nature in competition with each other. Is it CESA's intent to destroy other clubs, I personally don't think so, but, that's a personal opinion. By their actions in competition with others, it can be seen that way though. Not all players that leave one club to go to CESA do so because of being stolen or recruited. Does that happen, sure, but it happens with any and all of these competitive entities.

By your term all clubs trying to promote this game, that includes CESA. Now, CESA, CUFC, Bridge and any other clubs may be on different paths for that growth, but, I personally don't think any one club can be singled out against the others for not trying to grow the game, because it may be done differently, and for club/business specific reasons.

It is a good move for Bridge and CUFC, but it takes a little more depth of understanding of some of the potential drivers rather than restating the providing more rounded service for the kids.

Now, do I agree with Loc's statement about a vision developed and carried out by soccer people, not really. In my personal experience, the soccer people had the vision, but lacked the development and implementation. Essentially, how to advance the vision, while making something a win - win situation, gaining the necessary buy in for the ultimate goal. The ultimate goal is something that means different things to different people, and that is what the constant battle of communication was, is, and will be.

R
throw in
throw in
R
CC. Now we know what your expertise is.

O
kick off
kick off
O
The answer to all of this seems very clear to me and would resolve any biased issues that everyone appears to have.

We already have an arena where the "higher level" players, throughout the state, can come together and play with and against other high level players, ODP. This arena also allows players to play and where clubs do not feel threatened. There is also the ID2 option with US Club soccer.
Why start another program and confuse the player pool when we could spend all this, mostly negative, energy on supporting ODP/ID2 and/or help make it a better program.

Those of you who choose to drive your children all over the state and country trying to reach your, your child's, goals may be better spent on using that driving time having your child practicing and studying more. I think you will see more windows of opportunity open in front of you, rather than running all over the place in search of it. If we all had the children/young adults practice as much as you drive I think we would see the talent pool rise in SC. You could also use the money you save in gas and hotels to find your self a quality individual trainer. To many people fall for the we need to get on this band wagon or we will loose out.

Just some thoughts.....

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Here are some of my thoughts and it may be off the topic…..We all know that Clark will be replaced. We just don’t know who that person will be. For the last three years many people have said that the reason we do not have a united Lowcountry is because of Clark. I really don’t know Clark and I will not kick him while he is down. My point is with so many people unhappy with MPSC, SSC, and CUSC the time is perfect for the Lowcountry to unite. Why do the Lowcountry have girls leaving to play in Columbia and Greenville? I am going to try to quote Hurst who was in Charleston not too long ago – “Why can’t the best girl’s soccer player come together and represent one competitive Club? Don’t know what went wrong with the Bridge but the original idea had merit”. Many clubs have figured it out. We all know how CESA is doing. They have set the bar. CUFC has done very well since the Columbia clubs have merged. GA-SC Red Bull has done pretty good since the merger. Hurst – How strong will SCSA and CSC be next year after they merge? Many clubs become stronger with clubs merging. Can the Lowcountry figure it out? With Clark gone what will the obstacle be now….Or I should I say what will the “EXCUSE” be? The TIME IS RIGHT to just do it.

And since we haven't heard it lately:
ANYTHING THAT PROMOTES WOMENS SOCCER IS A GOOD THING

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

CC. Now we know what your expertise is.

I'm also very accomplished at kicking rocks.

What's yours?

I've got good news and bad news...
O
kick off
kick off
O
Bonz, I agree with you. This would be the perfect time.
How about this thought, why not try to build from a program that has a large base, great fields, good organization and a developmental program in place already?

The concept of "the Bridge Futball Alliance," originally was a great idea and I think still is. If memory serves me correctly it was formed to bring clubs together so that they could pool their best players and represent all the those clubs in the Alliance. Now there are 0 clubs that are a part of Alliance and multiple of solid and very well known coaches no longer are part of the Alliance, I wonder why.....could they all be wrong.

The "Alliance" went from just representing top level players to then taking/recruiting lower level players just to fill out second teams, created a lot of damage and mistrust to those club/s they took from.

To me it seems like BFA has done too much damage for the program to regain trust and is slowly being pushed north, now heading into Columbia.

The centrally located choice to me, that makes sense, would be to join MPSC. MPSC has great facilities, now has very good coaching leadership, a solid reputation and an excellent devlopment program. They also have a very solid coaching staff that could only be enhanced with the BFA coaches.

B
kick off
kick off
B
The Bridge FA organization continues to reach out to other clubs in the area in an effort to provide better services for the kids in Charleston and other areas.
We still have some of the best coaching staff in the low country and our teams are very competitive. As one of the directors of Bridge FA I pride myself on the quality of coaches we are able to provide for our teams. Bridge FA would continue to be a club that focuses on development and providing avenues for our athletes to be seen.

It is still our hope that the clubs in Charleston can work together for the betterment of all the kids we serve.

Bridge FA would be offering a full range of services for U9 - U18 boys and girls

If you have any questions about the BFA program please give me a call 843-367-3620

Regards

O
kick off
kick off
O
What happened to "Bridge Futball Alliance" serving just the top level U13-U18 players?

It now looks like the Bridge has changed from their original goal and they now just a club like the rest, except with no fields of their own. Nearly every club offers services U9-U18 and have "some of the best coaching staff."

I would suggest "reaching out again."

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Soccerislife

Do you think that the powers at SC United FC are not out trying to "steal" players as you indicated? Or because Bridge is involved, it is ok for them to recruit in your eyes?

Recruiting is not confined just to CESA or the state of South Carolina for that matter. It happens all over the country in soccer and other high level youth sports.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
OHHH your true colors are now coming to the surface. You really don't care about building up soccer in the Lowcountry. You just want to trash the Bridge. The Alliance went away when SSC and JI went back to doing business as usual. Did the Town of Mount Pleasant sign the fields over to the MPSC? And personally I don't think that MPSC has the top coaches.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard