Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Throw In
OP Offline
Throw In
South Carolina United FC will hold tryouts for its Boys USSF Development Academy teams and Girls Elite Showcase teams as follows:

May 2d - BB&T Complex in Ballentine
Girls - 5-7pm Boys - 6-8pm

May 3d - Charleston Southern Univ
Girls - 4-6pm Boys - 6-8pm

May 9th - Charleston Southern Univ
Girls - 4-6pm Boys - 6-8pm

May 10th - BB&T Complex in Ballentine
Girls - 2-4pm Boys - 3-5pm

Prospective players are strongly encouraged to attend as many of these sessions as possible in order to ensure a complete and fair evaluation.

Players eligible for the Boys U-18 team must be born in 1991 or later. Players eligible for the Boys U-16 team must be born in 1993 or later.

The Girls U-15, U-16 and U-17 teams will be based on the August 1 - July 31 year.

The expectation is to announce team selections by May 15th.

While some coaching and staff positions are still being filled, we can announce the following:

Boys USSF Development Academy U-18
Head Coach - Rob Strickland
Ass't Coach - Greg Vallee

Boys USSF Development Academy U-16
Head Coach - Clark Brisson
Ass't Coach - Jake Kingston

Girls Elite Showcase U-15
Head Coach - Jeff Hoerner
Ass't Coach - Heather Fredrick

Girls Elite Showcase U-16
Head Coach - TBD
Ass't Coach - Shannon Camp

Girls Elite Showcase U-17
Head Coach - Jason Birchwood
Ass't Coach - TBD

Additional Club Staff Coaches (more to come):
Dom Wren
Phil Savitz
Collin Phillips
Jason Duncan
Dusty Hudock (GK)

(Southcarolinaunitedfc.com is expected to be live before the end of this week. Online registration for tryouts will be available at the website. The registration fee is $30.00)

L
Goal
Goal
L

on the girl's side, how will the ges teams impact cufc and bfa premier level teams. is this a merger with cufc and bfa with the girls?

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

on the girl's side, how will the ges teams impact cufc and bfa premier level teams. is this a merger with cufc and bfa with the girls?

Quote:

What is its purpose?

To provide to the best and most committed female U14-U17 female soccer players in South Carolina a centrally located high quality cost effective supplemental training and college recruiting program which still enables participants to play on their respective SCYSA affiliated teams and high school teams.

O
kick off
kick off
O
Why do I get the feeling that Bridge will use this as a tool to also recruit players for their SCYSA teams. If it doesn't effect their SCYSA teams why didn't they hold these tryouts after SCYSA tryouts and when players seasons are over?

If we require the players to be the most qualified and suitable for playing at the top level why don't we expect the coaching staff to be?! Several of the coaching staff do not have the appropriate licenses for coaching their age groups so I can only assume from the below previous announcement that they will not be training their own players?

"Once selected and rostered, players will be trained by USSF “A” licensed trainers Clark Brisson and Greg Vallee and coached by designated South Carolina United FC coaches Heather Frederick, Phil Savitz, Jason Birchwood and Jeff Hoerner."

Looks like Clark and Greg will be busy.

L
Goal
Goal
L
thanks, coach p

goal
goal
onthefence, if you want to find your child a coach based on paper qualifications, go right ahead - that's your prerogative. but i can assure you that he/she will be missing out on some of the best coaches out there.

i completely understand the purpose of coaching licenses, but that is only one part of a coach's qualifications. as i've mentioned before, i have personally had a coach with a ussf "A" license that i wouldn't let train my dog, much less my child. onthefence, if you're interested, let me know and i'll help you get in touch with him. nah...i wouldn't even do that to you.

M
kick off
kick off
M
Are you jealous? All those Licenses that you have and you are not coaching?

O
kick off
kick off
O
Belig, as explained before it doesn't ensure that they are a good coach just that they are a better coach than they would be without it. There must be some reason that other jobs educating children have paper qualifications.

MPSC, that's very funny....you are obviously not a coach as I am sure the hours you are required be a stand up comedian must conflict with coaching

goal
goal
onthefence, the reasons that "other jobs educating children have paper qualifications" are probably very similar to the reasons why coaching licenses were created. but, with teachers, i believe at least a couple of the ways to ensure you not only have a qualified (certified) teacher, but also a "good" teacher is through direct assessment, i.e., another teacher sitting in the classroom during the day; and student testing, to see what and how much the students have been taught (education experts, please feel free to correct me on this)

with coaching, i believe the process is much simpler - if you are not a "good" coach, people are either going to complain about you (which happens even with good ones) or they are going to go elsewhere. it's kind of a self-fixing problem. word gets around - if the coach is "good" he/she will find work. if not, they will probably spend all their free time on bulletin boards, trying to stir up trash about the ones who are.

Kickoff
Kickoff
Since I have spent/wasted the time reading through these I gotta say the current score is:
Belligerent 1
onthefence 0

Belligerent pulled ahead with the "if the coach is "good" he/she will find work. if not, they will probably spend all their free time on bulletin boards, trying to stir up trash about the ones who are"

throw in
throw in
Education is a necessity. A coach being on the forums doesn't mean that they cannot find work.He/she just might be wideining their knowledge of what sorrounds the game. Absolutely no harm in a coach looking through forums about something they love coaching/teaching.
Meanwhile,can't say too much about the CUFC - Bridge issue except that for all the soccer knowledge that has been "sprayed" out here and elsewhere,everyone has a right of choice and while making your childs choice,don't hold anyone accountable but yourself.We have alot of options around here anyway. One can only hope for the best.

Last edited by SCKicker; 04/27/09 03:50 AM.
Throw In
OP Offline
Throw In
The South Carolina United FC Website is up and running! Thank you for your patience.

Follow the links on the left of the home page to register for boys USSF Development Academy U-18 or U-16 tryouts or for the girls Elite Showcase U-15, U-16, or U-17 tryouts.

Throw In
OP Offline
Throw In
With regard to "eligibility" to try out:

ANY player of the appropriate age is eligible and invited to try out for either the boys Development Academy teams or the girls Elite Showcase teams. This includes players who are currently rostered to SCYSA teams, regardless of whether their "seasonal year" is completed. No, player, coach or club is subject to sanction by SCYSA for attending these tryouts.

The above (with the exception of the "invitation") has been acknowledged by SCYSA

world cup
world cup
Is the tryout fee $30?

I see reference to a "registration fee", is this the same thing?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
SCUnitedFC

I didn't see the answers to these questions on the website, so hopefully you can help. How will the ruling against Clark Brisson, banned from ALL soccer activities for 15 months, affect the following:

1. 16 Academy Team Staff
2. Brisson's and Bridge FA's association with SC United FC
3. SC United FC's involvement with the Bridge FA's US Academy franchise

Throw In
OP Offline
Throw In
The email addresses of all Club staff and BOD can be found at southcarolinaunitedfc.com.

Any questions about any aspect of our program(s) should be directed to the appropriate person. That is the best method by which to ensure that questions are answered fully and reliably.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
That is what I figured.

CUnitedParent, stop private messaging me.

T
throw in
throw in
T
Quote:

SCUnitedFC

I didn't see the answers to these questions on the website, so hopefully you can help. How will the ruling against Clark Brisson, banned from ALL soccer activities for 15 months, affect the following:

1. 16 Academy Team Staff
2. Brisson's and Bridge FA's association with SC United FC
3. SC United FC's involvement with the Bridge FA's US Academy franchise

My question is how do the players feel about this situation? And along with the players, what about the parents?

Where is the line between supporting your club (which I think parents should do) and telling a club that you are disappointed with the actions that were taken by their staff?

I want to support my club, but if a DOC or coach does something against the rules, as a parent, I feel you hold them responsible. If I had to explain this whole situation to my child, it would be hard.

I would imagine the Bridge players really like their coaches at this point....but how do you follow a coach whose "program" had to be changed because they were not allowed to be in the "program." (SCYSA to US Club) What message does it send to the kids???

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Where can you find information about the offense and the punishment? Would that be on SCYSA website?

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Great points ST. What about #2 and #3? Another potential issue could be with US Soccer. Do they allow Bridge to stay in Academy. It's not as if their results merit continued membership. Could this change SC United FC in terms of league to play in or existence in general.

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
Quote:

What message does it send to the kids???

I think the message it sends is that in life you need to make sure you have all your t's crossed and your i's dotted because there is always someone lurking to try to bring you down if they begin to feel threatned.

M
kick off
kick off
M
I would imagine the Bridge players really like their coaches at this point....but how do you follow a coach whose "program" had to be changed because they were not allowed to be in the "program." (SCYSA to US Club) What message does it send to the kids???

The Bridge did not "change" their program...they added to it. They are still fielding teams in SCYSA. The US Club is just another program. You need to get your facts right before you open your mouth.

Last edited by MPSC#1; 04/27/09 07:54 PM.
C
throw in
throw in
C
Sorry,
I just didn't want you getting too excited about the ruling and you end up hitting the top of your head on the bottom of Andrew's desk.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Bebe, that is interesting. Would you say the same lesson was learned when two former Columbia Soccer Club coaches were suspended a few years back as they were leaving for CESA?

Help me out here - how does "lurking" equate to pin the tale on the name donkey?

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Parent,
Now that I have your attention, let's talk about your private message. Explain to me how the appeals process works or the approach that will be taken.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Y'know, it's amazing how the objectiveness and professionalism of a poster's comments lends credibility to his/her arguments.

And the flip side, of course.

I've got good news and bad news...
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
And I beg to differ about your making light of the situation Parent. This is a farily serious set of circumstances. A hearing took place, and investigation took place, and a sentence was handed down. Now, could an appeal bring about a different conclusion? Sure. But, what is plan B? Sure, your little shot was nice, but I feel as if the questions I posed were legitimate.

R
throw in
throw in
R
Bebe,
The lesson I would want to teach my children would be to play by the rules and to be ethical.

You must be a parent to an AIG executive with your pearls of wisdom.

C
throw in
throw in
C
I think the questions are very legit. The offense committed is as bad as could be committed. The same point I made weeks ago about character and false promotion of license's
which deteriorated to arguing against that process to make excuses for the lie.
The appeals will be drawn out as you are taking someones livelyhood away, so you can expect some type of lawsuit.
It also depends how tightly Columbia United want's to try and hold onto the USSF Academy.
Sorry about the crack, I thought it was at least a little funny.

R
throw in
throw in
R
CU United Parent.I don't doubt there will be an appeal and that Johnnie Cochran will try to be resurrected to handle the case, but the fact of the matter is a decison was made by a SC board that I'm sure looked at the facts. Even if the decison is overturned you still have a problem here.Guilty people get off all the time but that does not make them innocent- I guess the board saw what the facts led them to.

In my first post I asked the rhetorical question about the baggage the Bridge was bringing but no one wanted to talk about it then because the cat was out of the bag and everyone wanted to play stupid.Belligerent all of a sudden became very docile on this subject. South Carolina United does not have that luxury anymore. The word is out on the streets now. This past weekend people from all over South Carolina and Georgia were talking about it. You can delete this entire thread but the little secret is no secret and is not little anymore.

Everyone can say go ask the directors but the directors should be taking the lead on this. They should be explaining what is going on to their members. If scsoccer is a way to get these questions answered then so be it. If I'm a parent of a U16 I want to know the situation.The one question I have is why didn't the CUFC know about this and if they did how did they let it happen. Sounds like a Tom Daschele scenario.

T
throw in
throw in
T
Quote:

The Bridge did not "change" their program...they added to it. They are still fielding teams in SCYSA. The US Club is just another program. You need to get your facts right before you open your mouth.

YOU need to learn reading comprehension before you open your mouth. Try to READ and COMPREHEND what I wrote you moron.

goal
goal
loc, exactly what results DO merit continued membership in the academy? i can't seem to locate the page on the website that lays that out.

i'm guessing you're talking about one or both team's records? do you realize that one of the main problems with soccer in the us is caused by a certain mentality you just displayed? you wanna try and figure out what that is?

you have been more than happy to point out all the negative - how about try and be a little helpful. you've had plenty of suggestions for what NOT to do - so, what do you suggest i DO now? are you all about raising the level of soccer in this state, or just all about cesa?

if you aren't a part of the solution, then you're part of the problem...

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I can't quite figure out where this is going..Sounds to me like if the man was banned for 15 months..That means he won't coach for 15 months..Does that mean everything that has his name tied to it stops for 15 months? I doubt it..I think any program is bigger than one man. At least I would hope so..

R
throw in
throw in
R
CHT,
That man is listed as the executive director; I think that is an issue that the South Carolina United membership needs to address. I'm pretty neutral here but this damages the credibility of the club.

Belligerent. Glad you're back to being belligerent. I'll take a stab at this. From what I've heard, the Academy is looking to move forward with a relegation system so the results might not be the issue but infractions might be a deal breaker. I thought someone mentioned earlier that Solar had some problems here.

I hear what you're saying about results. It's the age old argument that going after results hinders development of the player. I would agree with that but at the older ages results do in fact matter. If there is a relegation system that will take place, then they matter to the academy as well. I actually like this concept. CASL and the Texans should not be playing Bridge and North Meck. Breaking up in to divisions would be a good move. Let like teams compete against like teams.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
So the executive director does not coach for 15 months..And what? Credibility? Will this not be established by the players that chose to play there..How about the other 15 or 16 names that are tied to this? Are they catching fleas?

R
throw in
throw in
R
You brought up the issue here but I'm sure you're heard the cliche that if you lie down with dogs you'll get up with fleas.

You obviously are trying to minimize this issue and I get that. You're excited about this "agreement" and you don't want this to gain traction. I get it and so does everyone else. But answer me this question. If you were starting a business and you brought someone in to run that business would your list of candidates come from Rikers Island. You know that if you did this your company would lose credibility. Just watch Fox or MSNBC - depending on your orientation- and you'll see this same scenario played out over and over again.

I'll say it again. For the life of me, I can't understand why South Carolina United would put themselves in this situation. I'll say right here that this is total speculatuon but from the outside looking in,it looks like ethics were jumped over for getting the deal done. Regardless of this being Mt. Pleasant, CESA,CFC or whoever I would have a problem with that. This is not the type of behaviour South Carolina soccer wants to be associated with. Every coach, club, director needs to be held to a higher standard.Surely you see this don't you.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
So much for the neutral comment..I am excited about this from the girls perspective..We are not taking part in this due to economic reasons and my child has two years left of ball and I see this venture as something that could benefit girls down the road..If I was starting a business and this man came to work for me..I would put him where I could get the most out of him but yet tie his hands so he could not ruin my business..
Is everyone in your place of business ethical or have the right character? Does your company still survive because of the other hundred employees that make it work but yet this person does bring something to the table?
I am not trying to defend his actions..he has to answer for that but I would not throw a program under the bus just because he is associated with it.
How many rules do we have at SCYSA because of what coaches or parents have done in the past? There is a form to fill out for every thing you do..Why? Because at some time in the past someone crossed into that grey area or got caught cheating..SCYSA decided what his punishment was..It's not for us to do..

M
kick off
kick off
M
I understand what you wrote-MORON! Maybe you don't know the differance.

T
throw in
throw in
T
Quote:

I understand what you wrote-MORON! Maybe you don't know the differance.

I know the difference between the word "coach" and "program"....you don't. Otherwise you would not have made such a stupid comment to what I posted. So no, you did not understand what I wrote. You just think you understand, but by your response you don't.

I take it you never bothered to go back and read my original post.

I have a question, what is the definition of "differance?" Maybe I should ask Jeff Foxworthy....what do you think?

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Belligerent,
I find your perspective quite hypocritical. Results have mattered to Bridge CUFC, and every other club for that matter for quite some time. In fact, and corret me if I am wrong, but weren't you the poster on this board a couple of years ago slandering a youth girls CESA team for playing up an age group? I believe it was stated that they couldn't compete at that level. What were the results of that rage?

If results didn't matter, Bridge nor CUFC would be attempting to leave SCYSA. Yes, that is correct. I believe that a major factor in the decision to move to the Academy and adopt the convenient "results do not matter" or that they aren't as important philosophy is in part due to the lack of success in the SCYSA and its competition structure of head to head, state cup playoffs. A system where everyone doesn't qualify for Premier League. In this system, it becomes very obvious the differences between one club and the next. The results have been well-documented.

Furthermore, I find it very interesting that a club will promote itself as playing in an elite national league on the girls side, when they honestly don't know if they will gain acceptance into these tournaments. Look at past results for that matter. Why do teams attend the orange cup or bowl or whatever it is called? CESA will be a part of a legitmate league where their acceptance into the league guarantees participation.

Finally, I have a decent idea as to where results stand in the big picture. However, I think they matter a little bit more than your boy and CUFC would care to admit.

M
bench
bench
M
Nick,
Why don't you just call Clark and ask him all these questions. His number and contact info is right here on the board.

R
throw in
throw in
R
CHT,
I think you're getting the wrong read from me.I'm not saying you kill the program. My question is about the leadership of the program. Is everyone ethical in my business? Absolutly not. But I don't think that my bosses would knowingly hire someone with a checkered past. And no, I'm not in the fast food industry. Where I work there are security background checks and if you fail these you do not get a job regardless of your qualifications. I guess your line of business is more forgiving than mine. This news could not have come at a worse time for this new club.I hope things work out for your daughter.

Last edited by Parker Lewis; 04/28/09 01:05 AM.
goal
goal
loc, i don’t believe i am being hypocritical. but you are correct - results have mattered to most, if not all, clubs, for probably as long as they have been in existence. i never said they didn't, and i'm not saying that now.

regarding the youth girls team, who knows what all i have said in the past, but i seriously doubt i was the poster you are referring to. for one, i rarely comment on the girls' side, and two, i'm pretty sure i could care less if a team, boys or girls, played up an age group. i'm all for challenging a team - if moving to a higher age bracket is what it takes (as a bridge boys team did a few years ago) then they should go for it. if you can find something i have said otherwise, i'll be the first to admit it. that just doesn't sound like anything i'd get in the middle of.

but, now that i think about it, you accused me of being a liar a few months ago. when i called you on it then, you failed to back it up, and you also failed to apologize. obviously, there's nothing i can do about it, but if you're going to throw around allegations like that, as much as you talk about ethics, it only seems right for you to back up those claims (and i'm the hypocritical one?)

i'm not sure why you are getting so defensive with me about the girls - i don't believe i have mentioned anything about them. and i don't plan to - not my gig.

and loc, i'll ask the question again, although i doubt you'll put any serious thought into it, because i believe that you care mostly to tear down and destroy the things you don't like or agree with. but just for argument's sake, let's say i agree with everything you have said on this subject. i still have a child who wants to play soccer, and needs to be challenged - what would you suggest i do now?

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Parker,
My daughter always lands on her feet..I guess you also have to look at things from...do you have a boy or girl wanting to play..It does make a difference..We have background checks also but someone's morals are hard to check on and most don't get turned away from cheating in a soccer game.
I guess I'm just more forgiving than most..Good luck with whatever you decide...Just don't throw out the whole tray of biscuits because one or two got burnt..

R
throw in
throw in
R
mpsc. you better edit your post quick before coach chass aka James Kilpatrick aka Strunk and White gets on to you.

R
throw in
throw in
R
CHT, fair enough. Let's agree to disagree. Good luck.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
mpheel,
i am obviously not who you think i am. do you really think they would be on this board dealing with this? you may need to focus your attention on finding out why players have left your area. isn't that a question that you posed rhetorically in the past?

belligerent,
ok, maybe i am wrong about that and if so, then apology issued. as for your question about your child and trying to solve problems, i don't have to. that is what i pay the powers at be at cesa to do. that is my whole point to my existence on this board. a comprehensive club, politic-free, with a vision developed and carried out by soccer people.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

mpsc. you better edit your post quick before coach chass aka James Kilpatrick aka Strunk and White gets on to you.

Eh, I only edit for spelling and grammar once content quality has been resolved. "You're a moron--no, you are--no you are" has bigger issues.

Besides, SoccerTimez was right there for it.

Strunk & White? Amateurs.

goal
goal

loc,

you are absolutely correct, you don’t have to help. but i do appreciate you finally admitting that you care about nothing but cesa. your entire existence on this board is to build up cesa and tear down everything and everyone else along the way.

on the cesa website, it mentions, in part, of "our desire to spread our passion for youth soccer throughout our state...."

yet, the only thing you spread is a cancer called hate and discontent. you are selfish and arrogant, and your attitude towards those not having the same (cesa) beliefs as you is contemptible.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
"that is what i pay the powers at be at cesa to do. that is my whole point to my existence on this board. a comprehensive club, politic-free, with a vision developed and carried out by soccer people.

It's hard for me to read that CESA is politic free, it seems like CESA does there best job at trying to destroy other clubs, steal other clubs top players, let me rephrase recruit other clubs tops players.

Let's be clear all the other clubs in South Carolina are trying to promote and grow this game. So Loc Dog I guess you're part of the plan to bring down other clubs that could be competing against your club to provide good soccer services

Great move by Columbia United and Bridge in there efforts in trying to work together in providing a more rounded service for the kids of South Carolina.

B
goal
goal
B
And so begins the club spin.

At the risk of perpetuating the club spin, I'm going to offer some other possible explanations to some of this.

CESA, from the parent and player perspective, is pretty much politic free. CESA, and other clubs, particularly the ones striving for competitive programs, are by their very nature in competition with each other. Is it CESA's intent to destroy other clubs, I personally don't think so, but, that's a personal opinion. By their actions in competition with others, it can be seen that way though. Not all players that leave one club to go to CESA do so because of being stolen or recruited. Does that happen, sure, but it happens with any and all of these competitive entities.

By your term all clubs trying to promote this game, that includes CESA. Now, CESA, CUFC, Bridge and any other clubs may be on different paths for that growth, but, I personally don't think any one club can be singled out against the others for not trying to grow the game, because it may be done differently, and for club/business specific reasons.

It is a good move for Bridge and CUFC, but it takes a little more depth of understanding of some of the potential drivers rather than restating the providing more rounded service for the kids.

Now, do I agree with Loc's statement about a vision developed and carried out by soccer people, not really. In my personal experience, the soccer people had the vision, but lacked the development and implementation. Essentially, how to advance the vision, while making something a win - win situation, gaining the necessary buy in for the ultimate goal. The ultimate goal is something that means different things to different people, and that is what the constant battle of communication was, is, and will be.

R
throw in
throw in
R
CC. Now we know what your expertise is.

O
kick off
kick off
O
The answer to all of this seems very clear to me and would resolve any biased issues that everyone appears to have.

We already have an arena where the "higher level" players, throughout the state, can come together and play with and against other high level players, ODP. This arena also allows players to play and where clubs do not feel threatened. There is also the ID2 option with US Club soccer.
Why start another program and confuse the player pool when we could spend all this, mostly negative, energy on supporting ODP/ID2 and/or help make it a better program.

Those of you who choose to drive your children all over the state and country trying to reach your, your child's, goals may be better spent on using that driving time having your child practicing and studying more. I think you will see more windows of opportunity open in front of you, rather than running all over the place in search of it. If we all had the children/young adults practice as much as you drive I think we would see the talent pool rise in SC. You could also use the money you save in gas and hotels to find your self a quality individual trainer. To many people fall for the we need to get on this band wagon or we will loose out.

Just some thoughts.....

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Here are some of my thoughts and it may be off the topic…..We all know that Clark will be replaced. We just don’t know who that person will be. For the last three years many people have said that the reason we do not have a united Lowcountry is because of Clark. I really don’t know Clark and I will not kick him while he is down. My point is with so many people unhappy with MPSC, SSC, and CUSC the time is perfect for the Lowcountry to unite. Why do the Lowcountry have girls leaving to play in Columbia and Greenville? I am going to try to quote Hurst who was in Charleston not too long ago – “Why can’t the best girl’s soccer player come together and represent one competitive Club? Don’t know what went wrong with the Bridge but the original idea had merit”. Many clubs have figured it out. We all know how CESA is doing. They have set the bar. CUFC has done very well since the Columbia clubs have merged. GA-SC Red Bull has done pretty good since the merger. Hurst – How strong will SCSA and CSC be next year after they merge? Many clubs become stronger with clubs merging. Can the Lowcountry figure it out? With Clark gone what will the obstacle be now….Or I should I say what will the “EXCUSE” be? The TIME IS RIGHT to just do it.

And since we haven't heard it lately:
ANYTHING THAT PROMOTES WOMENS SOCCER IS A GOOD THING

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

CC. Now we know what your expertise is.

I'm also very accomplished at kicking rocks.

What's yours?

O
kick off
kick off
O
Bonz, I agree with you. This would be the perfect time.
How about this thought, why not try to build from a program that has a large base, great fields, good organization and a developmental program in place already?

The concept of "the Bridge Futball Alliance," originally was a great idea and I think still is. If memory serves me correctly it was formed to bring clubs together so that they could pool their best players and represent all the those clubs in the Alliance. Now there are 0 clubs that are a part of Alliance and multiple of solid and very well known coaches no longer are part of the Alliance, I wonder why.....could they all be wrong.

The "Alliance" went from just representing top level players to then taking/recruiting lower level players just to fill out second teams, created a lot of damage and mistrust to those club/s they took from.

To me it seems like BFA has done too much damage for the program to regain trust and is slowly being pushed north, now heading into Columbia.

The centrally located choice to me, that makes sense, would be to join MPSC. MPSC has great facilities, now has very good coaching leadership, a solid reputation and an excellent devlopment program. They also have a very solid coaching staff that could only be enhanced with the BFA coaches.

B
kick off
kick off
B
The Bridge FA organization continues to reach out to other clubs in the area in an effort to provide better services for the kids in Charleston and other areas.
We still have some of the best coaching staff in the low country and our teams are very competitive. As one of the directors of Bridge FA I pride myself on the quality of coaches we are able to provide for our teams. Bridge FA would continue to be a club that focuses on development and providing avenues for our athletes to be seen.

It is still our hope that the clubs in Charleston can work together for the betterment of all the kids we serve.

Bridge FA would be offering a full range of services for U9 - U18 boys and girls

If you have any questions about the BFA program please give me a call 843-367-3620

Regards

O
kick off
kick off
O
What happened to "Bridge Futball Alliance" serving just the top level U13-U18 players?

It now looks like the Bridge has changed from their original goal and they now just a club like the rest, except with no fields of their own. Nearly every club offers services U9-U18 and have "some of the best coaching staff."

I would suggest "reaching out again."

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Soccerislife

Do you think that the powers at SC United FC are not out trying to "steal" players as you indicated? Or because Bridge is involved, it is ok for them to recruit in your eyes?

Recruiting is not confined just to CESA or the state of South Carolina for that matter. It happens all over the country in soccer and other high level youth sports.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
OHHH your true colors are now coming to the surface. You really don't care about building up soccer in the Lowcountry. You just want to trash the Bridge. The Alliance went away when SSC and JI went back to doing business as usual. Did the Town of Mount Pleasant sign the fields over to the MPSC? And personally I don't think that MPSC has the top coaches.

O
kick off
kick off
O
Quote:

OHHH your true colors are now coming to the surface. You really don't care about building up soccer in the Lowcountry. You just want to trash the Bridge. The Alliance went away when SSC and JI went back to doing business as usual. Did the Town of Mount Pleasant sign the fields over to the MPSC? And personally I don't think that MPSC has the top coaches.

Not sure how you can get that I don't care about building up soccer in the Low country.

I never said MP has the best coaches, I said they have some of the best coaches and they have a solid coaching staff.

O
kick off
kick off
O
Bonz, sorry just re-read your post; you didn't say anything about me stating that MP has the best coaches, you were making a personal statement...so do you think Bridge has all the best coaches?

corner kick
corner kick
And again, this is why there will never be a single united soccer effort in the Lowcountry.

Listening to you all bicker makes me really admire CESA for somehow overcoming things to unite. And before anyone wants to take a shot at that statement, let me remind you that I grew up in Hungryneck and Mt. Pleasant Soccer and played for Wando and very much enjoyed and still support it.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Sorry and yes I do think that the Bridge has better coaching. All of the best- doubt it. Charleston is full of good soccer coaches. Which brings me back to "why do we not have a united lowcountry"? Just maybe it because of people like you? As we sit here debating about this, kids are weighing their options whether try out for CESA or CUFC. Both clubs lose.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
There are not that many kids playing out of the area..I think I counted six or seven kids that train here but play for CESA..On average that would be about 1 player per club.I do not know how many play for CUFC but would believe that number is even smaller..Kitten hit it on the head..People in the lowcountry agree on one thing..they agree to disagree..My child plays with the stronger players in her age group so we are okay..Y'all keep on fightin..

Throw In
OP Offline
Throw In
FROM THE BOARD OF SC UNITED FC:

An SCYSA hearing panel has issued a decision suspending Clark Brisson from SCYSA activities for 16 months. Mr Brisson is considering his rights to appeal and will make his own decisions as to how to proceed with that part of the process. The SCUFC board and soccer leadership were aware of the charges and the hearing that took place last week.

The SCYSA panel decision does not have a direct impact on the ability of Mr. Brisson to serve in the capacity of Executive Director for SCUFC at this time. The SCUFC board is reviewing the effects of this finding on Mr. Brisson's involvement in the activities of the club during his SCYSA suspension. These considerations include, among other things, the affect of any appeals that may be filed, any actions that might be taken by US Soccer, the impact that this sanction has on the reputation of the club, and most importantly the need to send a clear and unambiguous message to our players, their coaches and their families that fair play and sportsmanship are the basic value of all sport.

SCUFC's participation in the US Soccer Development Academy for the 2009/2010 season will not be affected by this suspension. Our tryouts will proceed as indicated on our website - Southcarolinaunitedfc.com

(Anyone with questions about any aspect of the club is invited to address them to the staff of South Carolina United FC)

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
WOW. That should be an easy call if you are at all interested in sportsmanship....or could it be more about something else$

Throw In
OP Offline
Throw In
SOUTH CAROLINA UNITED FC is pleased to announce that Tripp Miller will be the head coach of the U-16 Girls' Elite Showcase Team.

For more information on the club and tryouts, go to southcarolinaunitedfc.com

L
Goal
Goal
L

how did the girl's tryouts go?

H
kick off
kick off
H
There were approx. 20 girls each in the U-15 and U-16 age groups.The U-17 girls have more registered than attended the 1st tryout. The atmosphere was positive . The girls from different clubs playing together was a positive step in the direction of what SC United is all about.

Tryouts today at CSU fron 4-6pm.

H
kick off
kick off
H
Great turnout today at CSU.U15 vs U16/17 girls ended in a 1-1 tie.Again positive atmosphere. It looked like the boys also had a large turnout.This is what the lowcountry has needed for sometime now.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
from what I could see there were around 32 girls..

S
kick off
kick off
S
what exactly did mr. brisson do?

O
kick off
kick off
O
Couldn't have been good to receive a 15 month ban from a youth sports organization.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
How was the turnout today?

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
There were only about 20-25 girls today-not sure about the boys.I think there was a lot going on this weekend with graduation and State Cup. Maybe more girls will be in Columbia tomorrow...not the turnout that was expected I'm sure...

Goal
Goal
This is the club where the fees are 3000 and one trip to LA is required?

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
I believe it is 300.00 and I'm not aware of any LA trip...

Goal
Goal
Quote:

I believe it is 300.00 and I'm not aware of any LA trip...

They are playing with the Bulls organization, correct? The showcase teams I mean

Yeah...I saw the 300...doesn't seem right but anyway there are team fees after the club fees as well

corner kick
corner kick
CESA is playing in the newest incarnation of the Red Bull league which is now a renamed national league.

SCUFC on the girls' side is selecting a team to go to showcase tournaments like WAGS and Disney and whatever other tournaments are the big ones these days.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
Goal
Goal
Quote:

CESA is playing in the newest incarnation of the Red Bull league which is now a renamed national league.

SCUFC on the girls' side is selecting a team to go to showcase tournaments like WAGS and Disney and whatever other tournaments are the big ones these days.

Thanks AK

R
kick off
kick off
R
From what I saw today is I don't see how any team can hang with the U-18 team. Parris, Dennis, Demare, up front acree, alex martinez and lunceford in midfield....incredible.

R
kick off
kick off
R
you can't really shut down any of them because there all so good. Best team that will ever play for SC. Backs are solid also with the IRMO boys!!

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
How many girls were at the last tryout? When will teams be posted?

R
throw in
throw in
R
Best team that will ever play for SC? Wow.

goal
goal
I can see that parker is starting to get excited...

R
throw in
throw in
R
Belligerent,
Come on now. That was quite a statement. A lot of other really good teams- from all around the state- have played once or twice before,and this team is not even announced yet and we should all hail them.

Here is a question for you? Who, if any, from Bridge will be on this team?

goal
goal
hey, i was impressed with what i saw, but i don't disagree with you regarding the makement (i just made that up) of bold statements like that; i don't know nuthin (seriously) and i'm stayin out of it (i was just bored and felt like pestering you).

goal
goal
and that was 2 questions

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard