Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
world cup
world cup
Good stuff ROH.

My daughter was a junior in college when she did her ACL. We had her at home for a few days but she did all of her rehab at school where she had the constant support of her teammates (best friends).

By the way.........I think she turned out OK.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
brace
OP Offline
brace
Quote:

Good stuff ROH.

My daughter was a junior in college when she did her ACL. We had her at home for a few days but she did all of her rehab at school where she had the constant support of her teammates (best friends).

By the way.........I think she turned out OK.

I know she did.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
brace
OP Offline
brace
24 PM's (in one day) full of compassion and understanding from parents who have children that have gone through the ACL and future soccer experience. Parents who are so proud of their children and what they have become. We all know what soccer has given to our daughters, and what our daughters have given to us. Isn't this a great sport, and aren't daughters really cool, especially soccer daughters!

corner kick
corner kick

ROH,

Great writing...I hope everything turns out well for Marissa. Keep up the good work with BR as there are many more girls that will learn from Marissa and you.

We need more coaches like you in the state!!!

brace
OP Offline
brace
We put together a little book of the comments of everyone on this forum, the college coaches who have been so supportive, and letters from everyone including friends, CESA buddies, etc. It really helped that a college coach told Marissa that kids don't usually have the maturity and intelligence to "think" about playing soccer and measure the risk and also balance their athletic lives with other things. She mentioned one of her players who got a concussion this year skiing without a helmet. The appreciation for what you go through to play soccer, especially after a severe injury, makes it so much better when you come back. Like anything, and like life itself.

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful encouragement to a young lady.

brace
OP Offline
brace
Interesting moment last night versus Broome.

Marissa had taken off her brace, put down her crutch, and was a coin flip for either our 4th or 5th kicker against Broome in kicks to decide the game. She is consistenly making no step shots with bullets and is wearing her uni to every game. Never has missed a PK or kick after full time to decide the game.

Never can have enough gas in the tank, can you.

brace
OP Offline
brace
Marissa stood with arms crossed during the massacre at Eastside tonight boiling. The future is pondered.

Chris, hold a spot on that club team per Marissa this season.

2010 - only 227 days until next season...

corner kick
corner kick
ROH, You tell Marissa I wouldn't dream of NOT keeping a spot for her!

Fletch: It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am NOT a big man.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard