Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Corner Kick
Online Content
Corner Kick
C
Problem is that they would probably have to invite all of the teams in the district so that it would not be seen as recruiting since we are a choice district.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Irmo JV Girls Yellow Division Semi-Finals:

#1 Irmo vs. #4 AC Flora
#2 Fort Mill vs. #3 Barnwell

Both matches at noon.

http://www.columbiaunitedfc.com/schedules/15809799/15809834.html

Last edited by Hurst66; 05/02/09 11:55 AM.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

Problem is that they would probably have to invite all of the teams in the district so that it would not be seen as recruiting since we are a choice district.

Even beyond that we would probably have to have EVERY high school invite EVERY middle school program to their place just to exercise that recruiting demon.

You know, I would love to go watch the middle school kids play and make myself available to the kids and parents to answer any questions they might have about ANY of the high school programs in our district but it is a potential no-no just to do that.

Actually, from what I understand the district is even looking at "outside of school" coaching positions to see if they "might influence school choice decisions!" That is to say if someone coaches an outside team such as club soccer/volleyball, AAU basketball or even church league softball I guess but also coach at a high school that might be considered recruiting.

tk

Tony King
C
kick off
kick off
C
Fort Mill..Wow..great tournament and fantastic season. Your girls look awesome and it was a fun tournament. You're doing a wonderful job there and I look forward to watching your girls as they move up and continue to succeed. Tough year for us but it was nice seeing a few of my girls step it up when we lost the others and thats whats it's all about. I enjoyed playing this weekend and you have a fun group of girls, I got to hang with them for a bit while Kristen and I caught up.lol Congrats to you your kids!

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Thanks Coach Reece.

Let's schedule a varsity match in Barnwell in 2011. We'll come down and renew the friendly rivalry. That would be a lot of fun.

PS - Kristen got promoted to the varsity today. You taught her well. Congratulations.....and thanks for the kind words.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
J
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
J
PAC jv girls would like to join the Irmo tourney in March 2010. Contact pacpanthers@windstream.net

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard