Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#118519 04/25/09 01:16 PM
Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Scheduled for next weekend......any word on this tournament?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
Corner Kick
Online Content
Corner Kick
C
All I know is what Dennis sent out yesterday. Where are your Ft Mill MS teams?

List of teams that have applied at this time.

GJV: EL Wright MS, Fort Mill, Spring Valley, BC, Chapin, Ben Lippen, West Florence, Airport, Lugoff, Irmo, Irmo B Team, Barnwell, Swansea, AC Flora, Blythewood

BJV: Dorman, BC, EL Wright, Ben Lippen, BC B Team, Airport, Dreher, West Florence, White Knoll, Blythewood, Eastside, Wilson Hall, Gilbert, Hammond, Butler MS, Irmo, Ashly Ridge, Dutch Fork, AC Flora, Chapin, Lugoff

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
JB,

Gold Hill Middle School had a very respectable showing in the tournament in early March. They've had a great season. Perhaps they will be a late entry.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
brace
brace
Since Hurst66 brought it up, The Bull Dogs went 11-0 during thier regular season and will be introduced tonight at half time of FMHS's game vs Clover. Good to see these girls being brought along in a building program!

http://www.fortmilltimes.com/238/story/546901.html

C
Corner Kick
Online Content
Corner Kick
C
Our teams down here dont get recognized as I have contacted 2 different newspapers in regards to the two teams in our district but have gotten nothing.

BMS Girls:
The Blythewood Middle School girls team won their bracket of the Irmo JV preseason tournament. They are undefeated (13-0-1 overall, 10-0 within the district) and only have gave up 4 goals all season while scoring 67. They beat South Florence JV and Airport JV and tied South Aiken JV along with going undefeated against the District. http://216.27.84.134/cgi-bin/sicrtsc.pl?...w&Season=09

E.L. Wright Middle Boys:
The E.L. Wright Boys are also undefeated. They only gave up 3 goals all season, going 7 straight shutouts to open the season. The Warrior Invitational that they host got rained out like most tournaments but they won it last year, along with having the best record in the district now 4 out of the past 5 years. In 5 years the school has a record of 42-11-2 with a winning percentage of 78%. The Warrior Invitational I believe is the only Middle School soccer tournament in the state. The 2008 tournament had 4 teams and this year it doubled to 8 teams from across the state. http://216.27.84.134/cgi-bin/sicrtsc.pl?...s&Season=09

WIsh I could hyperlink a news article here.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
I think we need a match between the Blythewood Middle School Girls and the Gold Hill Middle School Girls.

How about y'all meet in Great Falls?

C
Corner Kick
Online Content
Corner Kick
C
Most of their girls will be in Greenville this weekend. I would love to see that match.

brace
brace
As would I, given the only reason they did not play in the Irmo tourny was West Florence won the PK tie breaker (actually were up on them 2-0 during our game with them and our coach's not "knowing" our girls yet, it was our first actual game, allowed them to tie the game in the final 5 minutes with some of our best players watching from the sideline).
The Blythwood girls did look impressive and it is sad that they do not get recognized for thier sucess. Perhaps you can at least get them out for a halftime intoduction at a varsity game, thats what FMHS did for its up and coming team last night and the girls were on cloud nine!

As for the game most of our girls have moved on to finishing thier club seasons in NC and are preping for May tournaments. But since we are returning almost all our starters next year (only 6 8th graders on the whole team, although our leading scorer is one) we will get a chance at next years preseason!
Congradulations on a great year! And since thier is no formal way to settle it we will have to give credit to Blythewood girls as the #1 middle school team , just keep your eye on the rearview mirror cause GHMS is closing fast

Last edited by The Chief; 04/30/09 01:02 PM.
C
Corner Kick
Online Content
Corner Kick
C
Having played both of you, I was very impressed with what I saw from your girls. I think it would be a close one with GH coming out on top. I was really amazed at the size of your girls. WOW. Good luck to them with their club and your team next year.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

As would I, given the only reason they did not play in the Irmo tourny was West Florence won the PK tie breaker (actually were up on them 2-0 during our game with them and our coach's not "knowing" our girls yet, it was our first actual game, allowed them to tie the game in the final 5 minutes with some of our best players watching from the sideline).
The Blythwood girls did look impressive and it is sad that they do not get recognized for thier sucess. Perhaps you can at least get them out for a halftime intoduction at a varsity game, thats what FMHS did for its up and coming team last night and the girls were on cloud nine!

As for the game most of our girls have moved on to finishing thier club seasons in NC and are preping for May tournaments. But since we are returning almost all our starters next year (only 6 8th graders on the whole team, although our leading scorer is one) we will get a chance at next years preseason!
Congradulations on a great year! And since thier is no formal way to settle it we will have to give credit to Blythewood girls as the #1 middle school team , just keep your eye on the rearview mirror cause GHMS is closing fast

That'd be a good idea Blythewood's Varsity Girls team could have them walk out during halftime of thier senior night to recognize all the players.

C
Corner Kick
Online Content
Corner Kick
C
Problem is that they would probably have to invite all of the teams in the district so that it would not be seen as recruiting since we are a choice district.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Irmo JV Girls Yellow Division Semi-Finals:

#1 Irmo vs. #4 AC Flora
#2 Fort Mill vs. #3 Barnwell

Both matches at noon.

http://www.columbiaunitedfc.com/schedules/15809799/15809834.html

Last edited by Hurst66; 05/02/09 11:55 AM.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

Problem is that they would probably have to invite all of the teams in the district so that it would not be seen as recruiting since we are a choice district.

Even beyond that we would probably have to have EVERY high school invite EVERY middle school program to their place just to exercise that recruiting demon.

You know, I would love to go watch the middle school kids play and make myself available to the kids and parents to answer any questions they might have about ANY of the high school programs in our district but it is a potential no-no just to do that.

Actually, from what I understand the district is even looking at "outside of school" coaching positions to see if they "might influence school choice decisions!" That is to say if someone coaches an outside team such as club soccer/volleyball, AAU basketball or even church league softball I guess but also coach at a high school that might be considered recruiting.

tk

Tony King
C
kick off
kick off
C
Fort Mill..Wow..great tournament and fantastic season. Your girls look awesome and it was a fun tournament. You're doing a wonderful job there and I look forward to watching your girls as they move up and continue to succeed. Tough year for us but it was nice seeing a few of my girls step it up when we lost the others and thats whats it's all about. I enjoyed playing this weekend and you have a fun group of girls, I got to hang with them for a bit while Kristen and I caught up.lol Congrats to you your kids!

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Thanks Coach Reece.

Let's schedule a varsity match in Barnwell in 2011. We'll come down and renew the friendly rivalry. That would be a lot of fun.

PS - Kristen got promoted to the varsity today. You taught her well. Congratulations.....and thanks for the kind words.

J
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
J
PAC jv girls would like to join the Irmo tourney in March 2010. Contact pacpanthers@windstream.net

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard