Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
throw in
throw in
captain obvious ladies and gentlemen

Laces out DAN!!!
Goal
Goal
Quote:

... As it should be, it's a rivalry game and for 2nd in the region. Airport should be proud in the way they played and keep their heads up, you still have the playoffs.

Great game last night by all, but the refs....
Bad no call in BC's box the first half. I didn't see the call against Airport, in the box, the 2nd half, but if it was a bad call....that makes it sort of even out.

By placing 3rd in the region Airport falls into one of the easier bracket and should make it to at least the Lower State semis.
Good Luck to Airport...and of course Good Luck to BC

"click" "click"

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
B
corner kick
corner kick
B
Now that my friends is a classy post. Rather than all that "your mama - no your mama" junk that was going on earlier in the day. Play each other as hard as you can for everything it's worth - but at the end of the day you live in the same community. You probably go to church together, do business together,have played sports together and in some cases are probably kin to each other - leave it on the field with the boys where it belongs. I don't have a dog in this fight but thanks again He Takes Pictures for a classy post.

throw in
throw in
Sumter 2
South Florence 1
(Shootout 6-5)

Brace
Brace
As an administrator (although primarily on the "Information Technology" side of things), when we post we put our names out there for everyone to see. That is seldom seen elsewhere throughout the realm of SCSoccer.com forums. That being said, anonymity is waived. I would hope that people viewing this see and understand this, and hold a bit of respect for these folks. We put our opinion out there, and unwarranted personal criticism can often follow.

One more thing to add, though, which Kyle did not allude to in the earlier post: the year AHS did topple BCHS in The Cage, against the eventual AAA state runner-up Bearcats, Kyle (as always, win or lose) reported the result to The State newspaper. In the agate section that day, Kyle posted a congratulatory remark that it was Airport's first win in almost 15 years, and it was just that: congratulations. How many programs do that? Many programs throughout the state in ANY sport do things like 'turn of scoreboards', 'turn off field lights', or fail to post disappointing results or report them to the media -- especially against heated rivals? Think about it. Remember some USC vs. Clemson football road games?

The Eagles have fielded one of their better sqauds in recent memory, and Coach Masone has shown a commitment to improve the Eagles program in the proper manner. And the opportunity in front of them to finish on a great note is huge. Best of luck to them in their remaining fixtures.

Kyle's comments then (2002), now (above), and in the future are simply historical fact. I also believe that club soccer has its place, as well as HS soccer. I, too, am proud to be involved (although not as much since my children were born) in both HS and Club soccer. It would be my suggestion to work away from the tension sensed in this thread. But that is why this opportunity, SCSoccer.com, is out there: to give the fans a chance to discuss their feelings -- a FORUM. I'm just thankful to be a part of it, and that we have it at all.

Keep up the good work, folks, and never lose sight that this is for the kids.

Brace
Brace
FT from Presbyterian College, Clinton SC

Clinton 0:3 Brookland-Cayce

Goals: B-C - Taylor Lewis (2), Ryan Bristow
Shots: C 8:17 B-C
Corners: C 4:3 B-C
Fouls: C 9:9 B-C
Offsides: C 2:3 B-C
Saves: C - 5, B-C - Chris Duzan, 4
Halftime: C 0:2 B-C

Records: C (4-12), B-C (12-7-2)

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
wade hampton 1 bamberg 0

U
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
U
At Wando
Wando 2 - Bishop England 1 (OT)
Halftime - 0-0

Goals: W - Ralph Lundy 61'(PK), Ralph Lundy 89'
BE - Zach Epstein 80'

Records: W 15-4-1, 5-0 in 7-AAAA
BE 15-3-0 6-0 in Region 6-AA

W
goal
goal
W
At Cardinal Newman

Cardinal Newman 3

St Joes 0

Last edited by Will Eudy; 04/30/09 01:48 AM.
kick off
kick off
Woodruff 2

Palmetto 1

What an intense match!! Extremely poor job by both referees. The Palmetto boys played extremely physical soccer to the point of living in a world of fouls. Woodruff has their moments but overall dirty play to the point of Palmetto team members flipping off the crowd and standing in the middle of the field calling on Woodruff to start a fight. Poor sportsmanship on their behalf.

The Woodruff boys kept their cool and came out victorious overall. A great season for the WHS boys’ varsity team with two games left and one being a region match.

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard