Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Quote:

Who would you rate as some of the top keepers in the state this year?

Amelia Henderson at Wando (also plays premier on the 92's BFA team) and the keeper at Berkeley HS. Coach Chass can provide her name.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Her name is Katelyn Harnage; she has also played three years at CUSC on the '90 Girls White team--unfortunately for us she is graduating this year, but she has been our starting keeper since her freshman year. She has worked hard since her first day in goal, and has helped us build our defense and drop our Goals Allowed tally drastically. She does make some very acrobatic saves!

I've got good news and bad news...
S
goal
goal
S
Wormburner:
Is your keeper position stronger this year or last year?

corner kick
corner kick

Quote:

Katie Tate, Woodmont. Committed to play for USC (So. Cal.) next year.

Wow... I can't believe I forgot about Katie, she is an outstanding player and she also plays in the field and takes PK's for Woodmont.

Good Luck next year at The USC.

B
bench
bench
B
Danielle van Hulst is an incredible keeper playing for colleton county. Anyone that has played us has watched her put on a display.

L
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
L
What about keeper comparison by clubs versus the high schools they attend? Do most of the outstanding keepers stay close, i.e. play at high schools near their club areas and vice versa? Dou you think CESA keepers might be better than CUFC, or Bridge, Lexington, Bulls, etc, or maybe some other club has a better keeper program? I take it as a given that larger clubs have better keeper training and expose good keepers to higher levels of play. Is there a trend of better keepers coming from certain areas? What camps or training are our better keepers attending? If you look on topdrawesoccer and similar sites, they don't do a very good job highlighting our South Carolina keepers. How are our keepers getting noticed? Lots of questions!

K
Throw In
Throw In
K
Quote:

Her name is Katelyn Harnage; she has also played three years at CUSC on the '90 Girls White team--unfortunately for us she is graduating this year, but she has been our starting keeper since her freshman year. She has worked hard since her first day in goal, and has helped us build our defense and drop our Goals Allowed tally drastically. She does make some very acrobatic saves!

Chass.... Katelyn is definately one of the best goalkeepers I have seen every year in our self proclaimed rivalry i hope that she misses our game due to family function or something of that nature i have seen her make some incredible stops over the years I wish her all the best in the future.

we run things, things nuh run we.....
W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Quote:

Wormburner:
Is your keeper position stronger this year or last year?

They are both strong and Amelia is only a Sophomore. Jade, as a Junior last year had more experience. Amelia is missing the luxury of Sandi Hudson leading the defense and having Olivia Urig drop back when needed.

Amelia's saves against Parkview, GA were as spectacular as any saves I've seen at any level of soccer. I did not get to see the PK save against ACR, but heard it was incredible as the previous post said. The goal scored by TCR on Saturday off a corner kick was a miscommunication by the Wando defenders, both calling for it, both backing off.

If you want to play T C Roberson, be prepared for the thug style and the artificial turf. Ouch!! Both NC teams gave Wando the level of soccer they were looking for.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Quote:

Dou you think CESA keepers might be better than CUFC, or Bridge, Lexington, Bulls, etc, or maybe some other club has a better keeper program?

I do not think CESA keepers are better in our age group. Jade and Amelia (from WAndo) both play/played for Bridge. Goalie training provided by Dusty Huddock of the Charleston Battery. Both these goalies train hard with the team and on their own.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

Chass.... Katelyn is definately one of the best goalkeepers I have seen every year in our self proclaimed rivalry i hope that she misses our game due to family function or something of that nature i have seen her make some incredible stops over the years I wish her all the best in the future.

Thanks, Kevin...although you might as well have wished for tax day to get canceled--that girl would put a soccer match before anything and everything! Anyway, always had to do whatever I could to keep the friendly rivalry interesting!

I've got good news and bad news...
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard