Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
world cup
world cup
Whose poor clearance resulted in Messi winning the ball before he passed it square to Iniesta?

Was it Essien? That's a shame after the bomb he hit in the first half.

Ref had a rough go of it. Ballack and Drogba seemed a bit upset there at the end.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Good to see the better team over two legs win. Finally, the modern tactical plan doesn't beat the technical, attractive plan. Soccer needs more rewards for teams that play the game the right way.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Barca wasn't the better team in this leg. Although they controlled the ball more, they had a total of ONE shot on goal. And maybe one other scoring chance. Chelsea should have had 5 PK's and won 6-1.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Hence, why I said "the better team over two legs."

To many folks get brainwashed by the ESPN analysts and announcers because of the pro-Anglo opinions in this country. Anytime a team has as much of the games that Barcelona did in those two matches, they are the better team.

I love some matches its "shots" and others its "shots on goal." I guess, whatever works better for the angle you are coming from. But, 100% shot to goal ratio isn't bad. Better then 0%.

If Manchester United doesn't sit in and plays Barca straight up, it could be quite a show for the Spanish. It will be interesting.

corner kick
corner kick
barca was the better team.

chelsea played conservative and tried to play smart long ball.

barca was more agresive and played like real men.

i think this one would much more closer.

hard to predict, ManU has Ronaldo and a good coach, barca has messi and super fast eto, puyol is a beast.

Whoever wins im hoping to be another great game, and cristiano ronaldo to prove he has what it takes to wear the glorious white jersey.

Club of the century.
goal kick
goal kick
Alma Merengue you need to watch a lot more football matches. cuz your thoughts are really screwed up. Barca played on the backfoot most of the game... barca just passed a whole lot more than chelsea. chelsea created a lot more scoring oppurtunities. If anelka and drogba could finish most of their chances chelsea would've been facing manchester in Rome. Abidals red card was too harsh... Anelka obviously tripped and the ref just made the worst call in history. Man U got screwed too with Fletcher getting the ball first but taking out fabregas afterwards. But it's all good.. we have scholesy to take his place or anderson. I have all the faith in the world that the red devils will win yet again another champions league trophy. Barcelona's backline is completely empty. with marquez being out as well as abidal. Gaurdiola is going to have to do some real thinking.. cuz Manchester is gonna have a hell of a time with barca come the 27th. AND RONALDOS NOT GOING TO MADRID!!! keep dreaming Alma

"THERE IS ONLY 1 RONALDO"
goal kick
goal kick
i kinda disagree with you hollywood.. Essiens goal was something to savor. but both Ronaldos 40 yard strike vs. porto and his free kick from about the same place vs. arsenal were way better than essiens. But im not taking anything away from that beautiful strike. Being a Man U fan i cheered for that.

"THERE IS ONLY 1 RONALDO"
H
goal kick
goal kick
H
alright couple of things...

1) kickinit: how do you conclude Barcelona were the better team just based on the fact that they had the majority of the ball? Is that not taking an "angle" just like people who talk about shots? Barcelona has had possession over almost every single team they play in all competitions. That doesn't necessarily mean they are the better team. Barcelona were not the better team today, they created less oppurtunities and though they had a ton of possession that didn't necessarily mean they did anything with it. And I would argue they were not necessarily the better team in the first leg as well. Chelsea went to the Nou Camp with a gameplan of getting numbers behind the ball and defending as a unit. I think they executed their gameplan better than Barcelona in the first leg as every soccer fan would agree that a 0-0 game in Spain was a good result for Chelsea. Just because they sat back and absorbed Barcelona's attack doesn't mean they were the inferior squad. Chelsea made Xavi, Messi, and Eto'o virtually invisible over two matches and held Barcelona without a single goal for 180 plus minutes. Chelsea and Barcelona have contrasting styles and just because Barca's might be more attractive to the eye doesn't mean they are the best. If Chelsea had finished their chances (Drogba in the FIRST and SECOND leg) they would be advancing. But they didn't and Barcelona found a way to win late on which they deserve a ton of credit for but to say they were the better team I feel is debatable. It was a very very even tie.

2) Eagle#7: while I would not disagree that Ronaldo's goal vs Porto was unbelievable and definitely was worthy of goal of the competition, I just thought Essien's was a bit more magical based on the fact it was a first time volley under pressure, with his weaker foot. But I think the difference in our opinions could be based on the fact you see the games from behind red tinted glasses while mine are most definitely blue haha

A
kick off
kick off
A
i feel sorry for Chelsea.. but.. win is win.. i know its sad but it doesnt matter how much possession or how many shots they had, what a great game by both teams... but poor ref..

A
kick off
kick off
A
line up for MANU

park-rooney-C.ronaldo

anderson-scholes-carrick

evra-vidic-ferdinand-oshea

park probably mark messi again just like lastyear could be 4-4-2 when they defend and 4-3-3 when they attack,, barbatov is too lazy for barca..2-1 manu win!

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard