Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
L
Goal
Goal
L
how many times a game does Drogba flop?

soccer is a cruel game at times. bottom line - chelsea got short changed but should have scored a few more and overcome the non-calls. why did they sit back so much? barcelona only had 10..attack and score and take the ref and his bad calls out of play.

brace
brace
Were you watching the game at all?

Chelsea did attack. Chelsea's play style is counter-attacking whether they're playing Barcelona or West Bromich Albion. This means that when they dispossess you, they look to quickly exploit the numbers you pushed forward and score. They may not control teams at times as much as YOU'D like them to but, it is a strategy used by teams all over the world. And chances to score? When there are 4 opportunities to score ruined by should-be penalized infractions that limits your chances to score doesn't it?

Hot N Ready - 5 Minutes or less.
L
Goal
Goal
L
just an fyi - i was pulling for chelsea and wanted them make it through to knock off Manu in the finals. i also like Drogba but feel he is too quick to flop and complain when he doesn't get the call. he hasn't always played this way. also, i know how they usually play and they didn't do their usual "thing" againt Barcelona.

instead they sat back with 10 behind the ball and in their back 1/3 and applied little pressure, let Barca get everyone in their 1/3 even when they had a man advantage. They should have pressured more at least at midfield, forced more turnovers and scored a ton and not leave it for the ref to screw them over. and they shouldn't sub out Drogba. they coulda/shoulda won even with the bad calls.

corner kick
corner kick
what makes a team the best is their ability to win games.

barca dominated chelsea in both games, could not finish the first game, chelsea and their ladys strategy got a point in spain.

now that didnt work out in the 2nd game, long ball and defensive soccer would only work when you play uneskilled physical leagues.

drogba could have finish it but he didnt, so maybe he is not good enough to win the champions league, you ever though about that? you ever wonder why Madrid is offering all the money for Kaka, Ronaldo or Messi and not for Drogba?

maybe chelseas strategy on putting 10 men on defense and to wait for a lucky rebound out of a long ball isnt enough to beat this barcelona team that just humillieated the greatest team of all time.

barca was better and more agresive than chelsea, get over it and move on.

there is always next year ; )

We are about to see one of the greatest games of all time, both attacking teams, the 2 best players in the world about to face each other.

Last edited by Alma Merengue; 05/08/09 10:46 PM.

Club of the century.
A
kick off
kick off
A
i wouldnt blame on barcelona... its all REF's fault... and both team has different style of playing soccer. and win is win..

kick off
OP Offline
kick off
Quote:

how many times a game does Drogba flop?

he averages 24 flops a game

goal kick
goal kick
United 2 Barca 0. thats how the final is going to turn out.

"THERE IS ONLY 1 RONALDO"
K
Throw In
Throw In
K
I have said it before i will say it again a ugly win is better than a pretty loss.

Eagle7
I have to disagree with you this time being anti-ManU as a faithful Arsenal fan "my money" will be on Barca.

we run things, things nuh run we.....
S
Goal
Goal
S
I really don't care who wins (really, I don't). But I would like to see some attacking and some scoring. To ensure this, I hope one of them scores early. Then we got us a game. The longer there's no score, the greater chance of 0-0 and PKs. UGH!!!

Last edited by Soccer Watcher; 05/14/09 04:39 PM.
corner kick
corner kick
the best coach in the state told me that ManU is going to win, that they are solid everywhere.

I think Barca takes it, they are just too good on top, too many weapons.

Im hoping for lots of goals and hoping that ManU comes to attack and they dont use the same ladies strategy of putting 10 men on defense and waiting for cr7 or rooney to get a lucky long ball rebound.

Im not pulling for barca but i rather watch an attacking minded team win, i hate defensive soccer with a passion.

Once we get Kaka and cr7 next year, we should dominate again.

Last edited by Alma Merengue; 05/15/09 06:31 PM.

Club of the century.
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard