Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Coach P,

Is it possible that White Knoll could face Dutch Fork in the first round of the 4A state play-offs?

No. N Augusta will be the 5th seed from Region V-AAAA and, therefore, could possibly face Dutch Fork in the first round. The winner of Lexington vs White Knoll will be the 3rd seed and the loser will be the 4th seed.

Even if N Augusta finishes 8-6 by beating Aiken on Thurs, both Lexington and White Knoll have the head-to-head tiebreaker over N Augusta.

If Aiken beats N Augusta, they will be tied for 5th place at 7-7, but N Augusta has the in-region tiebreaker over Aiken by virtue of their wins against Dutch Fork and Irmo.

C
Coach
Coach
C
At Berkeley:

Berkeley 2
Stratford 2

Stratford 4-1 Berkeley in PK's.

Congratulations to Coach Peter Heusinger and the Stratford Lady Knights, who are having their best season in my memory; it was a great match, and we are proud to have played toe to toe with a fine team!

I've got good news and bad news...
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Anyone know the score of these games scheduled for tonight?

Beaufort vs Fort Dorchester
Colleton County vs West Ashley

From the Post & Courier:

WEST ASHLEY 13, COLLETON COUNTY 0

Goals: Coleman 3, Ferguson 3, Dizon 2, Motsinger 2, Hunt, Weaver, Crawford. Shutout: Williams, Byrd, Mintz. Records: WA 12-4, 7-1; CC 5-10, 0-7. Next: Colleton County at Beaufort Thursday; West Ashley at Stratford Thursday.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

If Aiken beats N Augusta, they will be tied for 5th place at 7-7, but N Augusta has the in-region tiebreaker over Aiken by virtue of their wins against Dutch Fork and Irmo.

Oops, I missed something on the Region V-AAAA Tiebreaker System:

"**If two teams are tied for the last play-off spot and split the season series, then the two teams involved will play a play-in game with the winner getting the last spot."

So, I assume this means that, if Aiken beats N Augusta on Thursday, the two will have to play a play-in game for the 5th seed. So Aiken is not out yet.

Last edited by Coach P; 05/06/09 11:34 AM.
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
I don't follow your logic here. Region V teams have their own tie-break system and would not follow Region VIII rules. That is the confusing thing for us all this time of year. No two regions have the same system of tie-breaks.

Quote:

Quote:

Oops, I missed something on the Region VIII-AAAA Tiebreaker System:

"**If two teams are tied for the last play-off spot and split the season series, then the two teams involved will play a play-in game with the winner getting the last spot."

So, I assume this means that, if Aiken beats N Augusta on Thursday, the two will have to play a play-in game for the 5th seed. So Aiken is not out yet.

brace
brace
Correct. As I understand it CJ, the AD's decide in each region how the tiebreakers will work. There really is no way someone in another region should or would know how a tiebreaker would work outside their region. Might help to quit playing Oprah and "guessing" or "wondering".

A knowledgeable expert from each region should post the standings with an explanation of the tiebreakers and results for their region. That would allow everyone to plan for next week's playoff games and keep the knowledge real.

I am now going back to my mid morning nap, thank you.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
D
corner kick
corner kick
D
SCISA Playoff
Porter Gaud 0 @ Cardinal Newman 4

hat-trick
hat-trick
Sorry. Typo on my part. My post should have said "Region V-AAAA Tiebreaker System." I have edited and corrected it now. You are correct, I have no knowledge of the Region VIII-AAAA Tiebreaker System.

Here is the Region V-AAAA Tiebreaker System:

REGION V AAAA TIE BREAKER SYSTEM

1ST Tie Breaker Head to Head
If more than two teams are tied, then the record of the teams tied against the other teams involved in the tie will determine the order of finish. If head to head does not decide the order, and then proceed to the next step.
2nd Tie Breaker Points within the region
The following point value will be used in assigning points for a win in the region.

1st Place – 8 points
2nd Place – 7 points
3rd Place – 6 points
4th Place – 5 points
5th Place – 4 points
6th Place – 3 points
7th Place – 2 points
8th Place – 1 point

If two or more teams are tied for a region position, each team will be acknowledged as that particular seed when the point system is being used.

3rd Tie Breaker Points
The following point values will be used in assigning points for wins outside of the region.

AAAA Win – 4 points
AAAA Loss – 3 points
AAA Win – 3 points
AAA Loss – 2 points
AA Win – 2 points
AA Loss – 1 point
A Win – 1 point
A Loss – 0 points

4th Tie Breaker Winning percentage of non-region games
Does not include tournament games.

5th Tie Breaker Coin Toss

**If two teams are tied for the last play-off spot and split the season series, then the two teams involved will play a play-in game with the winner getting the last spot.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

A knowledgeable expert from each region should post the standings with an explanation of the tiebreakers and results for their region. That would allow everyone to plan for next week's playoff games and keep the knowledge real.

I wouldn't call myself a "knowledgeable expert", but I'm pretty familiar with Region V-AAAA and here are the current standings through last night's games:

Region V-AAAA Standings (5/05/09)
1. Dutch Fork 12-1-0
2. Irmo 9-3-0
3T. Lexington 8-5-0
3T. White Knoll 8-5-0
5. North Augusta 7-6-0
6. Aiken 6-7-0
7. Richland Northeast 0-11-0 *
8. Orangeburg-Wilkinson 0-12-0 *

* I don't know the results of the RNE vs OW match that was scheduled for April 14, but it should have little bearing on the playoff seedings at this point.

Remaining games:

Wednesday May 6, 2009
Irmo vs Richland Northeast

Thursday May 7, 2009
Aiken vs North Augusta
Irmo vs Dutch Fork
Lexington vs White Knoll
Orangeburg-Wilkinson vs Richland Northeast

K
bench
bench
K
Did S. Aiken and Swansea play last night? Anyone know the outcome?

Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard