Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#119652 05/04/09 05:38 PM
Y
bench
OP Offline
bench
Y
I think the brackets have just been released for 2A and 3A on the scisa website. Looks like a showdown between CN and Pinewood Girls in 3A. For 2A, it could be a few teams.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
1st round

Pinewood over Heathwood Hall in a runaway
HHCA over Ben Lippen by one.

Cardinal Newman over Porter Gaud in a closer than expected game
HHP over St. Joe's in Orangeburg by a couple.

Semifinals

Pinewood over HHCA, but close
HHP over Cardinal Newman in PKS

Finals

Pinewood over HHP in overtime.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Hilton Head Prep/St. Joe's game will be in Orangeburg at 6:00 tomorrow night.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
SCISAsportsfan, I think you are right now but Heathwood is playing well now - so maybe not a runaway.
Brackets have everything but the times. Anyone have games times for tomorrow? Will I be able to go to both games in Columbia?

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
Porter Gaud @ Cardinal Newman 7:00pm, SCISA sports fan thanks for kind words regarding a close game. Should be an interesting one on a tight field, hoping we can give a good showing of ourselves and advance,

dcut5 #119657 05/05/09 12:38 AM
goal kick
goal kick
Ben Lippen vs HHCA 5:30pm. Maybe you can make both after all, gunners. Pray the rain will hold off and the weather will cooperate. SCISA sf, you seem to have little regard for the upperstate region. I seem to remember everyone thought the same thing last year, and 3 of the 4 semifinalists came from the upperstate. When playoffs come around, you just never know.

dcut5 #119658 05/05/09 12:47 AM
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

Porter Gaud @ Cardinal Newman 7:00pm, SCISA sports fan thanks for kind words regarding a close game. Should be an interesting one on a tight field, hoping we can give a good showing of ourselves and advance,

I think the small field should help your cause. Alexa Barnes is a good player, but you have already seen the best forward in SCISA in Courtney Smith and the best midfielder in SCISA in Kathleen Blum and the two best sweepers in SCISA in Lane Czura and Kimrey Smith.

Your team should be prepared. Good Luck.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

SCISAsportsfan, I think you are right now but Heathwood is playing well now - so maybe not a runaway.
Brackets have everything but the times. Anyone have games times for tomorrow? Will I be able to go to both games in Columbia?

How is your daughter doing in college this year? Did she see the field or is this a redshirt season for her? I meant to ask earlier and was remiss. I apologize.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

Ben Lippen vs HHCA 5:30pm. Maybe you can make both after all, gunners. Pray the rain will hold off and the weather will cooperate. SCISA sf, you seem to have little regard for the upperstate region. I seem to remember everyone thought the same thing last year, and 3 of the 4 semifinalists came from the upperstate. When playoffs come around, you just never know.

We are all hoping for good weather. Bad weather can be the great equalizer in girls soccer. Pinewood for one is praying for good weather because their speed could be somewhat neutralized by a sloppy field.

It's not that I have little regard for the upperstate. I just think the games are going to be very close and I think graduation has made things very even for teams 2-6. Pinewood is clearly the favorite, but not as prohibitive as HHP has been the last few years. Heathwood and Porter Gaud are going to have to have something special happen to advance.

I have not seen your Ben Lippen team or St. Joe's this season as I would have in the past, but from watching scores and reading about results, it seems that both teams have trouble scoring. HHP and HHCA also both have trouble scoring, but their defenses are very, very good. It has taken some adjusting, but I think HHP's defense is now close to the same level as last year's back four. Sophomore Lane Czura is playing at a tremendously high level at sweeper and 8th grade Keeper Grace Anderson is becoming a star.

I think both games between the 2-3 seeds will be right down to the wire.

goal kick
goal kick
SCISA sf, thanks for the clarification. You always seem to be honest and objective. I agree that the 2-3 games this year have the potential to be excellent games. I really don't know what to expect from HHC or HHP, but from all accounts they are both excellent squads playing great soccer down the stretch. St. Joe's is the real deal, and can beat anyone when they have everyone healthy. Scoring is an issue, but neither St. Joe's or Ben Lippen are giving up very much defensively either. Both of those squads have played well down the stretch with some big wins and haven't given up much to some good teams. I think every team has a great chance to advance tomorrow IF they come ready to play.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard