Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
corner kick
corner kick
D
i thought i had one of the best sweeper (Alex Kieth) oh well so much for the all-state team selections.

dcut5 #119663 05/05/09 12:42 PM
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

i thought i had one of the best sweeper (Alex Kieth) oh well so much for the all-state team selections.

Alex didn't make it and neither did Czura. I would take either over who did make it. Those two players have a good skill.

How did anybody from Ashley Hall make the team? I guess if you score a bunch of goals against bad competition, the games against good copetition where you get shutout don't mean much.

bench
bench
Quote:

Quote:

Porter Gaud @ Cardinal Newman 7:00pm, SCISA sports fan thanks for kind words regarding a close game. Should be an interesting one on a tight field, hoping we can give a good showing of ourselves and advance,

I think the small field should help your cause. Alexa Barnes is a good player, but you have already seen the best forward in SCISA in Courtney Smith and the best midfielder in SCISA in Kathleen Blum and the two best sweepers in SCISA in Lane Czura and Kimrey Smith.

Your team should be prepared. Good Luck.

It looks like one or two good players can't win a game, SCISA soccer fan...you may have seen a very good one or two players in your region, but you very much underestimate the upperstate region, who brought back at least two wins tonight. Alexa Barnes is a VERY good player, but CN has a lot of talent that doesn't get recognition too.

Cardinal Newman - 4 Porter Gaud - 0
Was this closer than expected? I didn't realize 4-0 was a close game....good job hanging in there to Porter Gaud though.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Pinewood vs Heathwood Hall postponed until Weds.

How did HHC vs Ben Lippen and HHP vs St. Joe turn out?

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
I think final score was:

HHC 1-0 BL

goal kick
goal kick
SCISA Quarterfinals
Hilton Head Christian-1
Ben Lippen-0

HHC capitalized off a BLS defensive mistake in the first half and held on to win. Great and evenly matched game. Excellently played cross by Melissa Whitton to Betsy Serral in front of the goal who finished the opportunity. Great play from both sides of the ball. Ball control was fairly even and game played mostly in middle third of the field. I guess SCISA sf was right on this one at least. The girls played hard and held nothing back. Hats off to HHC on a well-played game and best wishes to them in the second round.

We had a great year and I'm proud of my seniors and what they've accomplished in their tenure. Playoff appearances every year, I think, with mulitiple SCISA Top-5 finishes. We just couldn't get it done tonight. My seniors played great and led us in another great season. I'm very proud of each of them! My team gave all they had tonight, and they all deserve to be recognized for that. Thanks for another great year, ladies!

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
GreenvilleOnline.com shows:

St. Joe 3
Hilton Head Prep 2

SCISA Sports fan - any color on the game?

Three of the four play-off games completed tonight. Two upstate teams (Cardinal Newman, St. Joe's) and one lower state team (Hilton Head Christian) advance. PPS vs Heathwood Hall rounds out the semis on Weds. No rest for the winner versus Hilton Head Christian on Thursday. Starting to get interesting!

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
Cardinal Newman 4 Porter Gaud 0
We held the Cardinals 1-0 in the first half a defensive mistake on a set piece. I thougt it was a very good first half by both teams the Cardinals speed good not be matched by the Cyclones. We felt at the half we had a chance and had to go for it, that left players unmarked on the counter and we paid, the second goal came about 17 minutes into the second half. We continued to battle but could not generate any offensive punch. With about 12-13 minutes left and showing much we cleared the bench to get some experience for the younger players. HAts off to the Cardinals and Coach Steve and best of luck rest off the way.
As for ny girls, i have been here for 4 seasons and we have improved every season, iam so proud of them. We have been in the playoffs the past 3 seasons but unable to move onm maybe next season.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

GreenvilleOnline.com shows:

St. Joe 3
Hilton Head Prep 2

SCISA Sports fan - any color on the game?

Three of the four play-off games completed tonight. Two upstate teams (Cardinal Newman, St. Joe's) and one lower state team (Hilton Head Christian) advance. PPS vs Heathwood Hall rounds out the semis on Weds. No rest for the winner versus Hilton Head Christian on Thursday. Starting to get interesting!

I think the rain was the biggest factor in the game. Offense always has a huge advantage in conditions like that. St. Joe's scored twice on through balls on counter attacks in the first 10 minutes of the game to take a 2-0 lead. They were both great plays that the defense was just a bit slow reacting to. Like I said, I think rain played a big part in that.

HHP got on the board after capitalizing on a goal kick mistake by St. Joes (again the rain) to make it 2-1.

St. Joe's scored with about 10 minutes left when the HHP goalie couldn't secure the wet ball and it slid away from her for a St. Joe's player to tap it in.

Play was stopped at about the 9 minute mark for 40 minutes due to the weather and when the game resumed, it was all HHP. In the second half, I don't think HHP allowed a single shot on goal and they were peppering the St. Joe's end. A very nice punch over the crossbar and a fingertip save on the ground by the St. Joe's goalie combined with a ringing cross bar shot all allowed St. Joe's to keep the lead 3-2 for most of the second half.

Hat's off to St. Joe's, they came in as the underdog team and made a couple of great plays early to lead them to a victory. Good luck in the playoffs.

dcut5 #119671 05/06/09 10:30 PM
bench
bench
Quote:

Cardinal Newman 4 Porter Gaud 0
We held the Cardinals 1-0 in the first half a defensive mistake on a set piece. I thougt it was a very good first half by both teams the Cardinals speed good not be matched by the Cyclones. We felt at the half we had a chance and had to go for it, that left players unmarked on the counter and we paid, the second goal came about 17 minutes into the second half. We continued to battle but could not generate any offensive punch. With about 12-13 minutes left and showing much we cleared the bench to get some experience for the younger players. HAts off to the Cardinals and Coach Steve and best of luck rest off the way.
As for ny girls, i have been here for 4 seasons and we have improved every season, iam so proud of them. We have been in the playoffs the past 3 seasons but unable to move onm maybe next season.

Did Porter Gaud have a single shot on goal?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard