Next Thread
Print Thread
K
Throw In
OP Offline
Throw In
K

JIYSC Academy Evaluations Begin This Week

James Island Youth Soccer Club will kick off the Fall 2009 season with Academy evaluations beginning this week. All evaluations will be held at the JIYSC Main Soccer Complex, located at 871 Ft. Johnson Road. Below is the schedule for the U9 to U12 age groups:

U9 (boys and girls) Evaluations: May 6th, 12th and 14th
Fields B and C
Evaluations begin at 5:30pm (to 7:00pm)

U10 (boys and girls) Evaluations: May 6th, 12th and 14th
Fields B and C

U11 (boys and girls) Evaluations: May 6th, 12th and 14th
Field A

U12 (boys and girls) Evaluations: May 6th, 12th and 14th
Fields A
Each player should wear shin guards and bring their own water
Each player will be given an evaluation number, which must be worn during all evaluation days
Additional Reminders:

U13 and U14 (boys and girls) Tryouts: May 19th, 21st and 28th

U15-U18 (boys and girls) Tryouts: May 20th, 26th and 27th

Tryouts will be held at the JIYSC Main soccer complex (871 Ft. Johnson Road), Field A
Tryouts will run approximately 90 minutes each day
Each player should wear shin guards, bring their own ball and bottled water
Each player will be given a tryout number, which must be worn during all tryout days
The May 30th tryout date will be held at FOLLY BEACH, for these age groups only

About James Island Youth Soccer Club

James Island Youth Soccer Club (JIYSC) is Charleston's most complete soccer program, providing a comprehensive soccer experience from U5 to U17, both boys and girls. Offering Micro, Recreational, Academy, Select and Challenge soccer programming, JIYSC develops the body, mind and spirit of its players in order to achieve every level of soccer mastery and competance, and provide a training structure for the player to grow and develop at their own pace.

With facilities matched by no other Club in Charleston, JIYSC is home to the James Island Cup, James Island Festival, and each year, proudly supports State championship teams at various levels and age groups. To learn more about JIYSC, please visti www.jiysc.com.

If there are any questions regarding Academy Evaluations Please contact the Academy Director Kevin Roberts at coach_kevin@comcast.net

we run things, things nuh run we.....
K
Throw In
OP Offline
Throw In
K
All Academy Evaluations are on schedule for today 5/6/2009 see above post.

O
kick off
kick off
O
"James Island Youth Soccer Club (JIYSC) is Charleston's most complete soccer program, providing a comprehensive soccer experience from U5 to U17, both boys and girls."

Bold statement, " Charleston's most." I think lots of people would beg to differ, maybe James Island's most complete soccer program.

Good luck with your program though, excited to see the steps you are taking.

K
Throw In
OP Offline
Throw In
K
Quote:

"James Island Youth Soccer Club (JIYSC) is Charleston's most complete soccer program, providing a comprehensive soccer experience from U5 to U17, both boys and girls."

Bold statement, " Charleston's most." I think lots of people would beg to differ, maybe James Island's most complete soccer program.

Good luck with your program though, excited to see the steps you are taking.

onthefence:
I normally don't meddle but i believe that i might be able to shed some light on your concerns with regards to offering charlestons most complete soccer program... this is in fact correct we do offer just that, as JIYSC own our fields and this can be claimed by no other club at present in the charleston area and we do offer soccer for all age groups mentioned and we have shown that we are competitive at all levels that we choose to compete. And as we move forward we will continue to put the needs of our members first creating a nurturing environment for the kids to develop.

And like yourself i am very excited as well to see us continue to grow.

Best Wishes
Kevin Roberts
James Island Youth Soccer Club
Academy Director.
coach_kevin@comcast.net

corner kick
corner kick
Technically, as a part of Mt. Pleasant Rec, MPSC has stake in their fields as well, just to point that out.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
I would question "With facilities matched by no other Club in Charleston"

I'm not sure if I were arriving at JI complex for an early game after a hour drive stuck on the bridge having eaten three bran muffins for breakfast I would select the "facilities" at JI as best in Charleston. Someone needs to fix the lock on the door first.

Always find Park West and its ameneties a step above in that regard. Kudos to the rec department janitorial crew.

Still we'll probbaly start with porta potties at CASC, so no room to complain. Sorry to get off topic. Couldn't resist an opportunity for a bad joke.

K
Throw In
OP Offline
Throw In
K
bumping this up

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Since Coastal United (formerly BFA) will be competing for classic and academy kids, is JI allowing Coastal United to use their lighted fields again this season for training or games?

L
throw in
throw in
L
Hmmmmmmmm..... Not that I know of

Can't speak for Summerville.

Clinton
JIYSC
98 Luna-Chicks

K
Throw In
OP Offline
Throw In
K
Weather Update

As of 3:32pm today all academy evaluations are on as scheduled at James Island Youth Soccer Club.

Link Copied to Clipboard