Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
S
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
Any one got an idea of what were looking at in the 4A brackets?

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
The potential for an all region 5 semifinal in the lower state and thus an all region 5 Lower state final is fairly high IMO.

Hey Cornerflag, your private mail is full I cannot answer your question.

Last edited by futbol(soccer); 05/07/09 02:00 PM.
kick off
kick off
Region 5 has an incredible amount of talent(hidden and obvious)this year including the top notch Irmo and the surprising White Knoll. From those two all the way down into the depth of talent in the region from Lexington to Dutch Fork. I can honestly say there is a chance that the five teams coming from this region will perfrom excellently in playoffs and go far.

W
throw in
throw in
W
The upper state will get some strong indication just how dominant Northwestern is when they play at Wren tonight. I hope the weather will allow the skills to show and not have field conditions play a major part. Not making excuses, really looking forward to watching what others have had the privilege of experiencing. By the way, I will be on the Wren sideline appreciating the effort from both teams but pulling for the host Hurricanes. Maybe tomorrow we will be talking about Remember the Titans!

W
throw in
throw in
W
If 2 teams in a region have the same record in region, do you go with head to head first or overall to tie break?

goal kick
goal kick
i would assume head to head would be the first tie breaker then overall region record. However I believe that some regions have different ways of breaking the ties than others.

R
Throw In
Throw In
R
All 5 teams from region 5 are talented. do not forget that Aiken beat Lexington and just lost to Dutch Fork in pks.

Aiken had a strong showing against Irmo twice. Aiken was beating Irmo at the half the first time. Second time around the game was tied at half.

Region 5 had to be the toughest region to play in

W
kick off
kick off
W
region 5 matches up with the second best region 8, expect some upsets... Beaufort @ White Knoll...

corner kick
corner kick
Lexington going in strong after a big upset last night against White Knoll expect a run from them. Anyone know when play-off brackets will be posted?

C
Coach
Coach
C
All final records are due to be turned in this morning; shouldn't take long to figure out and post the brackets.

I've got good news and bad news...
C
goal kick
goal kick
C
Come on Beaufort! Let's get it together boys......Make a run!!!!

kick off
kick off
most definitely, region 5 is the hardest region to play in.
1. Irmo
2. White Knoll
3. Lexington
4. Dutch Fork
5. Aiken
-of course all of these teams are great teams but expect incredible things from the top three. Lexington dominated WK last night 3-0, White Knoll has only been shut out twice by Lexington and Irmo, and Irmo is an obvious favorite. tell me thats not talent

throw in
throw in
Region 5 is without doubt the most competitive region. Irmo finishing first of course but WK Lex DF and Aiken all great teams. It wouldnt suprise me to see four of these teams in the lower state semi finals.

V
bench
bench
V
Wando vs. Irmo in lower state

Northwestern vs Wren in upper state

Wando vs. Northwestern in State Championship

kick off
kick off
Wando has to beat Lexington in the third round. If they can get over the Wildcats they will have a major problem defeating Irmo. Yes Irmo is beatable, i'll never disagree with that, but if they keep their heads on a humble level without getting too cocky they will certainly take down Wando. Northwestern vs. Wren is a good prediction in my opinion.

V
bench
bench
V
Lexington is a good side but they will have to come to wando stadium where the warriors play theyre best soccer

T
Throw In
Throw In
T
This says 2008 brackets but it looks to be 2009 to me:
http://www.schsl.org/2008-Brackets/bso%20aaaa.html

G
GWS Offline
Throw In
Throw In
G
u are correct

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
I might have read something wrong... but Wando will play their 3rd game AWAY from Home... possibly Lex, or Aiken, Summerville, or Carolina Forest.

V
bench
bench
V
if carolina forest goes through they will play away but any other team they will host because of the higher region finish

C
Brace
Brace
C
Wando is the higher seed round 1 and 2. The will be home. 3rd round would be away if playing Carolina Forrest, if not then the are higher seed a play at home round 3 and lower state.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
That's right. The "H" is only on the bracket to break a tie if both teams finish in the same position in their region.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Quote:

Wando has to beat Lexington in the third round.

Will Carolina Forest or Summerville have anything to say about who plays Wando in the 3d round?

Brace
Brace
Here is what I currently show. Any updates would be appreciated. Wando should meet Irmo for Lower State. Don't know it matter who plays NW. It would be interesting to see how Wren would do on the NW pitch. Could be two classic battles to determine championship round. And as other have noted, don't count out other Reg 5 teams.

Upper State

R1#1 Wren
R2#4 Boiling Springs

R3#2 Fort Mill
R4#3 Blythewood

R2#1 Dorman
R1#4 Laurens

R4#2 Spring Valley
R3#3 Nation Ford

R3#1 Northwestern
R4#4 Ridge View

R1#2 TL Hanna
R2#3 Spartanburg

R4#1 Rock Hill
R3#4 York

R2#2 Mauldin
R1#3 Easley

Lower State

R5#1 Irmo
R8#4 Fort D or Beaufort

R7#2 James Island or Stratford
R6#3 S Florence

R8#1 West Ashley
R5#4 Dutch Fork or Lexington

R6#2 Sumter
R7#3 James Island or Stratford

R7#1 Wando
R6#4 W Florence

R5#2 White Knoll
R8#3 Fort D or Beaufort

R6 #1 Carolina Forest
R5 #5 Aiken

R8#2 Summerville
R5#3 Dutch Fork or Lexington

kick off
kick off
im with midlandskid. im really liking region 5 in this.
my predictions:

UPPER STATE SEMIFINAL
fort mill
dorman
northwestern
rock hill

UPPER STATE FINAL
dorman
northwestern

UPPER STATE CHAMP - northwestern

LOWER STATE SEMIFINAL
irmo
dutch fork
wando
lexington

LOWER STATE FINAL
irmo
lexington

LOWER STATE CHAMP - irmo

STATE CHAMP
irmo 3-2

there are no 'born' soccer players
kick off
kick off
In complete agreement with you Import

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
why is it that the number one seed with a better record and all not get home field advantage throughout the entire playoff?

M
throw in
throw in
M
each year the regions rotate to determine which one gets home field throughout, so each region gets it every 4 years

kick off
kick off
pinger are you talking about the possible irmo v. wando/lexington matchup in the lower state final where irmo would have to play away? i dont get it either...

goal kick
goal kick
If Lexington was to make it the lower state game then Irmo would be at home.

By failing to prepare, you prepare to fail.
kick off
kick off
that is incorrect. look at the bracket. the "H" is on lexington's side

goal kick
goal kick
Yes I understand that, however the higher region finish always hosts a lower region finish.

goal kick
goal kick
the "H" is used only if the teams have the same region seed.

goal kick
goal kick
There is an explanation at the bottom of the bracket.

W
throw in
throw in
W
Import, you use fair reasoning. As a parent of a Wren player, the home field was a huge advantage to keeping the game from possibly turning one-sided with Northwestern Thursday night. Everything was perfect to which allowed Wren a "chance" and under tougher conditions closing the deal might be more challenging on NHS pitch. I would like to take a second and say that I made a point of introducing myself to Enzo Martinez(NHS) and left with a really good feeling about that young man. He was a class act...obvious he has been there before. I did however let him know as an NC State fan I would not pull for him at the next level.

W
throw in
throw in
W
Anybody at the Pickens-Woodmont game that can dsicuss in this format what happened with the red cards and the player swinging at the ref? $425 fine imposed on the high school player is what the TV reporter said.

goal kick
goal kick
wheet - you are correct Wren created a great atmosphere and rose their own playing level; nearly scoring on multiple occasions and were at times inches away from tying or pulling within one goal of NW throughout the game.

Brace
Brace
Wheet, first of all, congrats to the Wren squad for making it a competitive game. Kudos to the coaches, players, and fans for using that home pitch advantage. Regarding Enzo, I haven't come across a more humble young man, especially considering all of his and his team accolades. I have told my freshman son that Enzo needs to be his role model for a variety of reasons. Enzo has plays hard but with excellent sportsmanship and respect for all those involved.

Brace
Brace
Wheet, if we are lucky enough to get by a good Blythewood team, I and the Fort Mill team look forward to experiencing that Wren experience first hand. Good luck in the playoffs and hope to meet you soon!

W
kick off
kick off
W
Beaufort with a first round upset of White Knoll, then an away game @ Wando... the two teams didnt play this year, Beaufort has never beat Wando, they are due and if the planets allign, Beaufort would play Lexington, then Irmo, then NW in the state championship, you have to beat the best to be the best, i dont think any team has a toughfer road to the final, one game at a time as White Knoll may be overlooking BFT, not your typical 3rd seed, watch out, Beaufort's coming to your town soon...

Goal
Goal
Two teams is all you need to know

NW and Irmo

just sayin

B
kick off
kick off
B
Wino,
Come on. Beaufort can't beak wk lex irmo or northwester. However it was a very intimidating post.

el tiempo esta arriba
W
throw in
throw in
W
Notsofastfriend, are you willing to say where you hang your hat? Do you have any "personal" alliance to either Irmo or Northwestern? I do think they both are excellent teams as does everyone they have beat...but the ball does not bounce the same every time. At this age play emotion can really make a difference, both good and bad. I am anxious to hear your response for I have admitted mine.

Goal
Goal
I have no affiliation with either team and I definitely understand the point that you are trying to make and think that some are valid. But, I will take skill and experience over emotion any day...especially in soccer

S
Brace
Brace
S
Quote:

Beaufort with a first round upset of White Knoll, then an away game @ Wando... the two teams didnt play this year, Beaufort has never beat Wando, they are due and if the planets allign, Beaufort would play Lexington, then Irmo, then NW in the state championship, you have to beat the best to be the best, i dont think any team has a toughfer road to the final, one game at a time as White Knoll may be overlooking BFT, not your typical 3rd seed, watch out, Beaufort's coming to your town soon...

For Beaufort's sake, they better hope none of these games go into PKs. But Beaufort won't get past the second round.....

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
throw in
throw in
Does lexington really have the potential to make it to the lower state final?

V
bench
bench
V
Even though summerville is not as good as a side as lexington...it is vey difficult to beat them on theyre field. It will not be an easy game for lexington. And if they do got through i do not think they can beat wando

world cup
world cup
I'll take Northwestern......

......and give y'all the field.

Any takers?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Hurst.... Sure!

I'll take IRMO on their Home field !

Should be a great 2 weeks of soccer!

See you at Memorial Stadium!

Last edited by Shrink Rapp; 05/10/09 01:06 PM.
bench
bench
any chance of spring valley making a run?

Brace
Brace
a sprint or a run?

sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Absolutely no chance of Spring Valley making a run.

One Time!
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

any chance of spring valley making a run?

who do they play first round

Brace
Brace
Nation Ford, that sprint they should win. Don' feel they will have the wind to run much further.

Goal
Goal
Wren - Fort Mill
Dorman - Spring Valley
Dorman - Fort Mill
Fort Mill

Northwestern - Spartanburg
Rock Hill - Mauldin
Northwestern - Mauldin
Northwestern

Northwestern - Fort Mill
Northwestern

Irmo - Stratford
West Ashley - Sumter
Irmo - West Ashley
Irmo

Wando - White Knoll
Carolina Forest - Lexington
Wando - Lexington
Wando

Irmo - Wando
Irmo

Northwestern - Irmo
Northwestern

50th for a reason!
P
goal kick
goal kick
P
And why do you think that Nw can beat IRMO cola?

kick off
kick off
Spring Valley is gonna trip and fall and break a leg, they are not going far

W
throw in
throw in
W
Import, do you have a Ft. Mill connection? Reason being, you are quick to write off Wren as I have stated I do have a connection. Either way, my guess is neither of us will be playing.

kick off
kick off
irmo is the best high school team in the world, just ask pinger

throw in
throw in
micheal day, oh wait i mean pinger90, dont worry about cola, his oppinion of NW beating irmo is just outrageous, no one can beat irmo, irmo is incredible. They will beat everyone!

kick off
kick off
Quote:

no one can beat irmo, irmo is incredible. They will beat everyone!

well said

S
throw in
throw in
S
yellow jacket your a moron as usual..you cant even post anything thats creditable. why should any one take what you say into consideration ever

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
yellow jacket and chickfila i can understand yall are jealous because your team you play for ( white knoll) isn't as good and got beat twice by IRMO. I was just asking colas opinion on why he thinks NW can beat IRMO... I don't think i ever said they were the best in the world. Just that i think that they can beat NW

Last edited by pinger90; 05/11/09 04:08 PM.
Brace
Brace
If Irmo and NW meet, it should be a classic battle. Both teams have quality players that do match up well. I would have to figure whoever wins the midfield battle and carry the intensity for the full 80 will win. Like I stated earlier, the state will have my $8.

As much as I would like to see FM in upper state final, one they need to get by a scrappy Blythewood squad and then face a daunting task at Wren. Would guess winner of that game would face Dorman with a good chance to move on and face NW.

kick off
kick off
pinger you should stop saying they when referring to irmo, and just say we, you should stop acting like you are gonna stomp all over NW and admit that it will be a good game. If indeed both teams make it there. There is no doubt those are the teams that should be there and have the most talent, but thats not always how it goes in any sport

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
jacket stop your slander, i never said it wouldn't be a good game.. and I never said they would stomp NW both are top flight squads.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
I just made the point that IRMO in my opinion is the better squad

kick off
kick off
yes everyone is well aware that is your opinion

Last edited by YellowJacket44; 05/11/09 04:51 PM.
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

Nation Ford, that sprint they should win. Don' feel they will have the wind to run much further.

NAFO gets no love from its YC cousins. Where is da Chief when we need him? My son ONCE went to GHMS too....

Brace
Brace
There is love and then there is honesty YC neighbor. I am rooting for you to prove me wrong.

W
throw in
throw in
W
Do you have a freshman son that plays for Fort Mill? If Wren does meet Ft. Mill please look for me at the field or at least ask for me...duh

throw in
throw in
Quote:

yellow jacket your a moron as usual..you cant even post anything thats creditable. why should any one take what you say into consideration ever

there is no need for name-calling

goal
goal
Quote:

jacket stop your slander, i never said it wouldn't be a good game.. and I never said they would stomp NW both are top flight squads.

I think you mean libel. Slander is spoken, libel is written or published words.

Haha just messing with you, I am quite the smart@$$.

kick off
kick off
its ok pinger needs to be put in his place, and stop the name calling before my feelings get hurt

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Wando vs. Irmo in lower state

Northwestern vs Wren in upper state

Wando vs. Northwestern in State Championship

I wouldn't count White Knoll out of it, but whoever wins that 1st round game has to travel to Wando (always a tough place to play)

bench
bench
Quote:

It's the internet no one is creditable. No one should take anything said on the internet into consideration.

28 seconds
throw in
throw in
Quote:

its ok pinger needs to be put in his place

no you do. pinger plays for IRMO, you know the school of the god's

kick off
kick off
hahaha
chikfila you need to calm yourself. you dont wanna hurt anyones feelings.

but back to soccer.

what do you think is the most intriguing first round matchup? i woull have to say nation ford v spring valley. im actually liking nation ford in this one...

bench
bench
Quote:

It's the internet nothing is creditable. You should never take anything said on the internet into consideration.

28 seconds
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

There is love and then there is honesty YC neighbor. I am rooting for you to prove me wrong.

Roughly 50% of our team went to GHMS. Tomorrow night, upset special. I feel it.....its in the genes.

brace
brace
Quote:

Quote:

Roughly 50% of our team went to GHMS. Tomorrow night, upset special. I feel it.....its in the genes.

If you can convince the boy that anyone they play are actually from FMHS I think you will find they will give a little extra effort! HAving seen them twice play FMHS tough I think that if you have everyone available you can give a good showing.
I will pull for all the boys (even the non GHMS ones ) because they are still FM boys even if they play across town!

Good Luck

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B

"If you can?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes." Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!"

Chief is my hero!!!! Go Falcons!!!!!

W
kick off
kick off
W
whoever, is Beaufort... much respect when it is all said and done, kickoff five hours... good luck to all!

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
im gonna go off on a limb here and say neither NW or irmo will be in the finals

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
And I say you come down out of the tree and put the bottle down.

W
kick off
kick off
W
White Knoll wont stand a chance @ Wando, Beaufort outshot them and out assed them all over the field, welcome to the lowcountry

goal kick
goal kick
Wino, you are a moron. You are just mad that beaufort lost. And you are correct about the out "assed" part because i guess they teach kids in the low country its appropriate to moon the other team?

G'd up from the feet up
U
throw in
throw in
U
No need at all to use that language on the board. It was a hard fought game. White Knoll was able to put two in the back of the net to trump Beaufort's one. It is what it is and White Knoll's season continues. It is the playoffs and anything can happen. Sometimes the hardest game to win in the tournament (playoffs) is the first one. Great job Timberwolves on the playoff victory. You deserve all the success that you have had this year.

W
kick off
kick off
W
Beaufort didnt deserve to win, both teams look like garbage, but when White Knoll scored the own goal to go down 2-0, it took a little help from the guys in yellow to keep the game within reach, just the facts, good luck @ Wando... i predict 5-0 Wando, and maybe a fish dinner

I
goal kick
goal kick
I
IRMO FTW!

W
kick off
kick off
W
wando only won 4-0, my bad, i was wrong all you white knoll fans, i take it back, 5-0 was much too much of a prediction... i am a moron shirtless boobie... c ya next year

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Who knows anything about west ashley? from what i've heard i'll predict IRMO 5- WA 0

goal kick
goal kick
wino, you're a clown. No one said anything about your prediction. Get over the fact that you lost.

G'd up from the feet up
W
throw in
throw in
W
Ft. Mill 3-0 Wren

I was on the grill and what I saw is what has happened with the team from Wren all year. Tough, no finishers up top as far as game changers, and some misplayed corner kicks.

Good luck to Ft. Mill on their run to the top.

It is an amazingly difficult thing to admit when your child walks off the field a young man, accomplished in so many ways due to lessons he learned from winning, and best of all, from losing. Our boys will be fine...it's the parents that have to adjust to the idleness now.

Soccer, you have been good to us and we thank you. Wren, keep the bar raised.

Chin up and best luck to all that remain.

W
kick off
kick off
W
West Ashleys d is ok, not much attack, irmo should win by 3 or more

W
kick off
kick off
W
i really am a clown

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
What are usually the game times on Saturday?

C
Brace
Brace
C
Game time for Irmo vs West Asley is 7:00 PM at West Ashley.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Thanks..Coach.

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Aiken at Wando 7:00PM at Old Wando Stadium

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Now you made me have to choose...Thanks!! If one of you guys would play at 4pm..I could make both..

corner kick
corner kick
Mauldin @ Northwestern 7:00 PM

F
kick off
kick off
F
Fort Mill @ Dorman 7:00 P.M.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard