#119961 05/07/09 05:33 PM
B
Birch Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
B
“UNITING” BEGINS WITH COASTAL UNITED FC

For Immediate Release (Mount Pleasant, S.C.)
May 7, 2009

Southern Academy Alliance (SAA) of Beaufort County, Carolina Girls Soccer Academy (CGSA) of the Myrtle Beach area and Bridge FA of Mount Pleasant jointly announced today that commencing with tryouts for the upcoming 2009-2010 season each will consolidate its programs into Bridge FA, Bridge FA will conduct its youth soccer operations under the previously announced trade name and colors of “Coastal United FC”, and Mike Townsend, current Director of Soccer at SAA and Curtis Freeman, current Director of Soccer at CGSA have been appointed as Director of Soccer (South) and Director of Soccer (North), respectively, for Coastal United FC, effective as of that time. Says Jason Birchwood, Bridge FA’s Director of Soccer, “The positive feedback we received up and down the Coast since announcing our desire to bring people and programs together has been incredible. While we know it will take some time and we know there will always be detractors, we are serious about the ‘inclusive’ model we are implementing for all those who see the value, as we now do, in developing youth players from within. Both Jeff and I are excited to have Mike and Curtis added to our growing family of soccer leadership and we appreciate the fact that they wholly embrace the new direction we all are collectively heading in through Coastal United FC.”

According to Freeman, this opportunity presented itself along the Grand Strand at just the right time. "I am extremely excited about Coastal United FC because Carolina Girls Soccer Association was founded to offer more opportunity for female soccer players in the Myrtle Beach and surrounding areas. This is a perfect “next step” for us and I am confident it will be well received by the players.” Similar optimism abounds along the southern region of the Coast.
“’This is far more than just a name change’ is what people need to understand” says Townsend. “Bridge FA’s willingness to recognize that change was needed, its openness to be inclusive of the talents and interests of others (like Curtis and me) when approached, and most importantly, the bona fide desire of Bridge FA’s board to totally revamp its operations, programs and brand so as to change its image and better serve youth soccer players is something I found to be most refreshing in this day and age. SAA is exceptionally pleased to unite its Beaufort County area operations into Bridge FA under the new Coastal United FC. We firmly believe this will provide both existing players and many new players unprecedented opportunities to achieve their soccer goals. Like all involved, I look forward to being a part of building something special for players along the Coast for years to come.”

As stated by Alan Jackson, President of Bridge FA, “The willingness of Columbia United’s leadership to simply consult with us and help us approach things much differently to enable us to both change our image and grow youth soccer over time along the Coast is most appreciated. What our new Coastal United FC board and soccer leadership does from here and how successful we will become is now up to us. That said, I know I speak for Curtis and Mike and others when I say we all look forward to doing our best to help families and children of the entire Low Country community enjoy youth soccer at a level commensurate with each child’s ability.”

Currently, Bridge FA and SAA have teams participating in the South Carolina Youth Soccer Association’s State Challenge League as well as in the United States Youth Soccer Association’s Region III Premier League. Tryout dates for the upcoming 2009-2010 Select Team (U13-U18) season can be found at www.bridgefa.com. Evaluation dates for U9-U12 players will remain as previously scheduled at Bridge FA, SAA and CGSA. Additional Junior Academy Evaluation dates will soon be posted for the North Region (Myrtle Beach/Georgetown), Central Region (Charleston/Summerville/Berkeley County), and the South Region (Beaufort, Hilton Head, Walterboro).

In weeks ahead, more information concerning Coastal United FC will be available at www.CoastalUnitedFC.com. Pursuant to a Trademark License Agreement from Columbia United FC, the logos, colors and slogan of Coastal United FC will be:

“One Coast, One Club, One Passion..….All Youth, All Levels, All Soccer”

For more information, contact:
Jeff Hoerner, Coastal United FC Director of Administration at (305) 926-1958
Jason Birchwood, Coastal United FC Director of Soccer at (843) 367-3620
Curtis Freeman, Coastal United FC Director of Soccer (North) at (843) 503-3209
Mike Townsend, Coastal United FC Director of Soccer (South) at (843) 247-4619

Birch #119962 05/07/09 07:33 PM
B
goal
goal
B
Nice announcement. Very interesting, fulfilling, and satisfying, and many other adjectives you could put in here. Stick with it for the long haul and make it a reality, by keeping your eyes to the motto.

Bear #119963 05/07/09 09:13 PM
G
corner kick
corner kick
G
CUFC vs. CESA could be every final in the years to come.

world cup
world cup
CUFC = Coastal
CUFC = Columbia
CUFC = Charlotte

Uggh!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Quote:

CUFC = Coastal
CUFC = Columbia
CUFC = Charlotte

Uggh!

Is BFA still merging with Columbia UFC?? What's the difference between Carolina Girls Soccer Association (or is it Carolina Girls Soccer Academy) and Coast FA?? The merger announcement says CGSA. Curtis Freeman coached at Coast FA.

BFA's merging with CUFC & forming SC United Futbol Club and they're merging with SAA and CGSA and forming Coastal United.

I like the effort and mission statement... but confused by all the different mergers, names, etc

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Quote:

CUFC vs. CESA could be every final in the years to come.

Why is that?? CUFC as in Columbia United or CUFC as in Coastal United???

corner kick
corner kick
Methinks people need to get a lot more original when it comes to naming clubs, lol.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
J
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
J
WormBurner,
Carolina Girls Soccer Association and Coast FA are not affiliated.Curtis Freeman is no longer involved with Coast FA.

Birch #119969 05/08/09 12:46 PM
B
bench
bench
B
Coast FA is an established club that operates in Myrtle Beach S.C. at Socastee Park. We run our own rec league and field boys and girls classic and challenge teams from U-18 -U-9. Curtis Freeman was a staff coach for our club but no longer works for Coast FA.

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Quote:

Quote:

CUFC = Coastal
CUFC = Columbia
CUFC = Charlotte

Uggh!

Is BFA still merging with Columbia UFC?? What's the difference between Carolina Girls Soccer Association (or is it Carolina Girls Soccer Academy) and Coast FA?? The merger announcement says CGSA. Curtis Freeman coached at Coast FA.

BFA's merging with CUFC & forming SC United Futbol Club and they're merging with SAA and CGSA and forming Coastal United.

I like the effort and mission statement... but confused by all the different mergers, names, etc

I think the SC United is geared toward the older kids and Coastal United is geared toward the academy aged kids.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard