Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16
K
goal kick
goal kick
K
James Island, Charleston United, Summerville SC, Mt. Pleasant SC, Daniel Island, Cainhoy, Bridge FA, Coast FA, South Carolina United FC, Coastal United FA, merger, alliance, partnership, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

The Lowcountry, and now the entire coastal region, will never get it right. Different names and colors but same old personnel and ideas that last a few years before the need to change again (aka, cover up the inability to do something right).

Is all this confusing or baffling to anyone? Folks, if your kid is one of the top players, then go to CESA yesterday.

K
bench
bench
K
What is really funny is that more than likely all three of the heads of these organizations (Brisson, Townsend, Freeman) are quietly trying to figure out when they are going to make the move to squeeze out the other two.

Will they wait one year or two???? LOL!!!

Let's all make bets on who is going to be left standing.

I'm waiting to see the two who are squeezed out turn up as the new ShamWow spokespersons.

The worst part, it will just hurt soccer in the lower state in the end. That is what is sad.

H
kick off
kick off
H
I wish everyone would stop being so negative about the whole thing. Maybe the name should have been different ,but what does it really matter. This is a group of clubs that has a vision for kids soccer. The lowcountry/coastal region has needed this for a long time. To clarify:
SCUnited Soccer- open to any player in the state who wants to play Elite soccer U-15 and up
Coastal United Soccer-BridgeFA,SAA,CGSA combine for the Coastal Region.Offers all ages and level of soccer.
This is by far the biggest step anyone has taken to try to form a club that will be competitve in and out of the state.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Quote:

To clarify:
SCUnited Soccer- open to any player in the state who wants to play Elite soccer U-15 and up
Coastal United Soccer-BridgeFA,SAA,CGSA combine for the Coastal Region.Offers all ages and level of soccer.

What is the clarification on the BFA & Columbia United merger?

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Sorry I added to the confusion. Went back through old posts and it's a consulting agreement, not merger "Next, please know that Columbia United FC has entered into a similar consulting and licensing agreement with Bridge Futbol Alliance, Inc. (Bridge FA) of Charleston, South Carolina. Columbia United FC will provide consulting service to the board of directors of Bridge FA in coming months as Bridge FA works to restructure its youth soccer operations so as to provide expanded youth soccer opportunities within its club by eventually offering special needs, recreational, junior academy and an expanded multi-tiered select soccer system."

H
kick off
kick off
H
Quote:

What is really funny is that more than likely all three of the heads of these organizations (Brisson, Townsend, Freeman) are quietly trying to figure out when they are going to make the move to squeeze out the other two.

Will they wait one year or two???? LOL!!!

Let's all make bets on who is going to be left standing.

I'm waiting to see the two who are squeezed out turn up as the new ShamWow spokespersons.

The worst part, it will just hurt soccer in the lower state in the end. That is what is sad.

Brisson has no affiliation with Coastal United Soccer.

O
kick off
kick off
O
Is there really a need to have one big club in the low country? If this is the case then why don't we take it another step further and just have one big club for SC (isn't that ODP). Maybe one big club for the the whole south east (Regional team)or for the whole of the US (national team.)

Why don't these individuals spend more energy and time working together with the other clubs in the State in improving ODP and on focusing on development more players at the younger ages in their areas? Maybe they are but history to date has not proved that.

Seems to me that if we focused on developing more clubs and more players, in our areas, the top areas should/would take care of themselves. More kids playing the sport the better local competition would become. Then you would need to spend less time on traveling, saving money and the more accessible it would become to more athletes and that in it self would then promote the game. Again making more people want to play the sport and then making local teams and competition stronger promoting it even more....I am pretty sure that is what happens around the rest of the world, maybe they are and I am wrong.

It seems fairly easy to me so please excuse my ignorance if I have something wrong....I am sure someone will enlighten me.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Quote:

Why don't these individuals spend more energy and time working together on focusing on development more players at the younger ages in their areas? Maybe they are but history to date has not proved that.

From the original post announcement "we are serious about the ‘inclusive’ model we are implementing for all those who see the value, as we now do, in developing youth players from within."

H
kick off
kick off
H
Quote:

Is there really a need to have one big club in the low country? If this is the case then why don't we take it another step further and just have one big club for SC (isn't that ODP). Maybe one big club for the the whole south east (Regional team)or for the whole of the US (national team.)

Why don't these individuals spend more energy and time working together with the other clubs in the State in improving ODP and on focusing on development more players at the younger ages in their areas? Maybe they are but history to date has not proved that.

Seems to me that if we focused on developing more clubs and more players, in our areas, the top areas should/would take care of themselves. More kids playing the sport the better local competition would become. Then you would need to spend less time on traveling, saving money and the more accessible it would become to more athletes and that in it self would then promote the game. Again making more people want to play the sport and then making local teams and competition stronger promoting it even more....I am pretty sure that is what happens around the rest of the world, maybe they are and I am wrong.

It seems fairly easy to me so please excuse my ignorance if I have something wrong....I am sure someone will enlighten me.

First of all ODP is not a club.There is a regional Team and a National team in place. You probably need to do some research on the other parts of the world,but i do believe that in most states there are only several large clubs per state vs 6 or more in one city(that would be Charleston).

R
throw in
throw in
R
when are the clowns and dancing bears coming out. Can't believe I'm agreeing with Kickinit, but this is starting to become comical.

Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard