GYSA Members youth and youth leagues - 109
SCYSA Members youth and youth leagues - 57

NC population 9,222,414 7/08
Ga population 9,685,744 7/08
SC population 4,479,800 7/08

50% population of NC/GA
50% clubs of NC/GA

for correlation Louisiana has 47 members and 4,410,796 inhabitants

Last edited by futbol(soccer); 05/08/09 06:34 PM.
K
bench
bench
K
Quote:

Quote:

What is really funny is that more than likely all three of the heads of these organizations (Brisson, Townsend, Freeman) are quietly trying to figure out when they are going to make the move to squeeze out the other two.

Will they wait one year or two???? LOL!!!

Let's all make bets on who is going to be left standing.

I'm waiting to see the two who are squeezed out turn up as the new ShamWow spokespersons.

The worst part, it will just hurt soccer in the lower state in the end. That is what is sad.

Brisson has no affiliation with Coastal United Soccer.

So are you saying that at this point he will not be a single training session with any of the kids playing for either Bridge FA or Coastal United Soccer. Also, does that mean he will not attend a single tournament with any of these PLAYERS. Doesn't matter what the tournament is or the name of the team - he will have no contact at all with any of the players.

H
kick off
kick off
H
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What is really funny is that more than likely all three of the heads of these organizations (Brisson, Townsend, Freeman) are quietly trying to figure out when they are going to make the move to squeeze out the other two.

I'm waiting to see the two who are squeezed out turn up as the new ShamWow spokespersons.

The worst part, it will just hurt soccer in the lower state in the end. That is what is sad.

So are you saying that at this point he will not be a single training session with any of the kids playing for either Bridge FA or Coastal United Soccer. Also, does that mean he will not attend a single tournament with any of these PLAYERS. Doesn't matter what the tournament is or the name of the team - he will have no contact at all with any of the players.

All i said was that he was no longer affiliated with BridgeFA or Coastal United.Sounds like you have some anger towards him

K
bench
bench
K
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

All i said was that he was no longer affiliated with BridgeFA or Coastal United.Sounds like you have some anger towards him

Actually, I wouldn't know the guy if he walked by me. But I have heard of the incident that happened, and it does not give me the warm and fuzzies about the guy.

With that said, your comment that he was no longer affiliated with Bridge or Coastal United gives the impression to folks that he would not have anything to do with those players. So I asked a very pointed question, and got a very slippery NON-answer.

It's not that I have anger, I just don't like answers that are vague and don't answer the question. So your comment that he is no longer affiliated isn't really the truth if he is going to be at any tournaments or training sessions held by those teams.

I guess you could say that I don't like to be mislead. I don't have any anger on any of this, I just like to keep people honest.

Last edited by KidsLoveSoccer; 05/08/09 07:33 PM.
S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

Brisson is no longer the head of Bridge FA (check their website), so it won't be him. Many people are quick to judge and just assume there must be hidden agendas and secret motives. I would hope others would be willing to be open to what it is Coastal United FC is trying to accomplish and give it a chance. No, I don't have a child who will be affiliated with the organization, but I wish them the best of luck.

H
kick off
kick off
H
Quote:

Actually, I wouldn't know the guy if he walked by me. But I have heard of the incident that happened, and it does not give me the warm and fuzzies about the guy.

With that said, your comment that he was no longer affiliated with Bridge or Coastal United gives the impression to folks that he would not have anything to do with those players. So I asked a very pointed question, and got a very slippery NON-answer.

It's not that I have anger, I just don't like answers that are vague and don't answer the question. So your comment that he is no longer affiliated isn't really the truth if he is going to be at any tournaments or training sessions held by those teams.

I guess you could say that I don't like to be mislead. I don't have any anger on any of this, I just like to keep people honest.

There aren't many DOC that would give anyone "warm fuzzies".If you have a dog in the hunt ,i would suggest you go play rec. soccer ,if that is what you are looking for. This combine is not about what people have done wrong or right ,it is trying to build kid's soccer programs.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

James Island, Charleston United, Summerville SC, Mt. Pleasant SC, Daniel Island, Cainhoy, Bridge FA, Coast FA, South Carolina United FC, Coastal United FA, merger, alliance, partnership, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

The Lowcountry, and now the entire coastal region, will never get it right. Different names and colors but same old personnel and ideas that last a few years before the need to change again (aka, cover up the inability to do something right)...

Please leave us out of this. I would hardly call our group same old personnel and ideas. I for one have never held office or senior coaching slot at any soccer club in our beautiful landscape. At least give us a chance to screw it up before painting us with the same brush.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
C
Coach
Coach
C
I wouldn't take it personally, Cainhoy...seems there will always be two opposing schools of thought when it comes to youth soccer, and it's not the individuals but the philosophy that comes under attack.

One side favors dominance of a few in the elite arena by making sure that all the best players end up on the same team. Since all of the above can't seem to agree to a single joining-point on their own, the idea is to force this to happen by making sure there is only one place for them all to go--which means eliminating other options. Problem is, by doing this, you reduce the overall number of young athletes who feel they have a chance to get started in the sport.

The other school of thought favors maximum opportunity to reach more players at all ages and levels of the sport; the more young people who get involved and developed, the greater the chances of growing the sport as a whole and of finding and developing the players of greatest potential, as well as providing a broader base of opportunity, popularity, and support. The downside is, as the best naturally rise to the top, there isn't a natural gathering point for them; each individual club that develops players tends to want to expand into the top levels of play, and their top players remains separated from the others at other clubs--so a single dominant team that can compete with consolidated dominant teams from other areas isn't formed.

Seems like an ideal situation would be to provide as many local, inexpensive options as possible to get young people involved in the sport, and a common gathering point for those among them who rise to the top level and wish to compete in the elite arena.

Question (otherwise known as "Ay, there's the rub") is...under whose banner will they unite?

Feel free, of course, to provide any alternate elaborations on the "anything right" that everyone seems to have the "inablilty to do"...seems like there's a lot of "right" being done out there, just not always the "right" that satisfies everyone.

I've got good news and bad news...
G
bench
bench
G
Clark Brisson will only be involved with SC United FC which falls under US Club Soccer. He can not be involved with Bridge or Coastal United FC and I feel that the new Administrators/Board will not allow him to be. Bridge/Coastal United FC has been working very hard to make this needed unity with the other clubs in the coastal area. I'm sure they wouldn't let anyone or anything jeopardize their "new beginning".

C
throw in
throw in
C
It would be nice to see Alan Jackson take the lead and make an announcement about Clark's position in relation to BFA/Coastal United which would allow parents and players the opportunity to decide their affiliation before tryouts are completed and decisions made.

Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard