Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16
goal
goal
Quote: "funny...i was at a practice, well after dark, at csu, before high school ball started, and unless the drugs were just really, REALLY good, that field was lit up like nobody's business (heck, i don't even know what kind of drugs would make things all nice and shiny like that, anyway!)"

you're right...why is this so difficult?

M
kick off
kick off
M
WHY is this soooo important for you to know???? Will this determines whether or not kids from CESA comes down and play?

Last edited by MPSC#1; 05/15/09 05:14 PM.
R
throw in
throw in
R
Come on dude. Is that all you got.

M
kick off
kick off
M
Just trying to sort things out...Why is it so important for you when it comes to fields and lights?

R
throw in
throw in
R
isn't it odd that one person says there are lights and another says there are not lights? that baffles me.

would you feel better if i said that i was looking to find out if there were no lights so i could use that for cesa purposes? when i jump back on the bandwagon you'll know it, and you will not have to question my motivation.

M
kick off
kick off
M
Even though I don't care....They did have lights. Happy?

goal
goal
parker/mak, i can't speak for anyone else, but i won't ever lie to you, so if i tell you it's so, you can believe it. no need to walk around feeling baffled.

and, again, i can't speak for anyone else, but i know your motivation - it is the same as loc dog's - to destroy anything that is not cesa (i suppose i could have explained that to mpsc earlier, but i thought it was fairly obvious)

what i'm not sure about, though, is whether, when you were a kid, you were the playground bully who never grew out of it; or, you were the kid the bully beat up on, and you're still trying to work through your frustration and anger management issues.

throw in
throw in
Quote:

I wouldn't take it personally, Cainhoy...seems there will always be two opposing schools of thought when it comes to youth soccer, and it's not the individuals but the philosophy that comes under attack.

One side favors dominance of a few in the elite arena by making sure that all the best players end up on the same team. Since all of the above can't seem to agree to a single joining-point on their own, the idea is to force this to happen by making sure there is only one place for them all to go--which means eliminating other options. Problem is, by doing this, you reduce the overall number of young athletes who feel they have a chance to get started in the sport.

The other school of thought favors maximum opportunity to reach more players at all ages and levels of the sport; the more young people who get involved and developed, the greater the chances of growing the sport as a whole and of finding and developing the players of greatest potential, as well as providing a broader base of opportunity, popularity, and support. The downside is, as the best naturally rise to the top, there isn't a natural gathering point for them; each individual club that develops players tends to want to expand into the top levels of play, and their top players remains separated from the others at other clubs--so a single dominant team that can compete with consolidated dominant teams from other areas isn't formed.

Seems like an ideal situation would be to provide as many local, inexpensive options as possible to get young people involved in the sport, and a common gathering point for those among them who rise to the top level and wish to compete in the elite arena.

Question (otherwise known as "Ay, there's the rub") is...under whose banner will they unite?

Feel free, of course, to provide any alternate elaborations on the "anything right" that everyone seems to have the "inablilty to do"...seems like there's a lot of "right" being done out there, just not always the "right" that satisfies everyone.

Got interested in this segment you posted and will quote - "The downside is, as the best naturally rise to the top, there isn't a natural gathering point for them; each individual club that develops players tends to want to expand into the top levels of play, and their top players remains separated from the others.." stopped at that point though you might have had alittle more to say about it...you are right,programs will get to a point where what they have laid out delivers a certain crop of players that will rise to the top..that is an ultimate goal any program would want to have but the question is,what is the program going to do to "up" the performance of the ones that did not make the top cream so they can be just as competative and not only that but if they have learnt what they NEED to learn,possibly bypass the "elite" team members. You will be suprised how many mediocre players have bypassed the "traditional stars" in performance. Only at levels of competition that render it necessary (national team level),does one "mooch" of the cream the crop as they call it.Real programs develop players to be "elite" and do not mooch off already made material.It goes along way when you groom a player.
Thanks for your insightful observation coach Chass.

H
kick off
kick off
H
Can someone send the link for Carolina Girls Soccer out of Myrtle Beach.....can't seem to find it.

J
throw in
throw in
J

Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard