Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
S
bench
bench
S
Yes, now we know there is a practice field with lights on the CSU campus. The question is will this practice field be available to soccer practice during football season? I don't think so.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Next time I drive by during practice, I'll try to stop and ask.

I've got good news and bad news...
B
Birch Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
B
On behalf of the entire Coastal United FC / Bridge FA Staff we would like to thank everyone that came out to our tryouts last week.

It was a tremendous week in terms of numbers and talent.
Our goal is to bring everyone together one last time so that we can make final evaluations and finalize rosters.

We hope that you can attend the final session:

Girls U13--U15 Tuesday - May 26th 5.30pm - 7.30pm Charleston Battery Practice field on Daniel Island

Boys U13--U15 Tuesday - May 26th 5.30pm - 7.30pm Charleston Southern 5.30 - 7.30pm

Girls U16--U18 Wednesday May 27th 5:30pm – 7:30pm Battery Practice Field on Daniel Island.

Boys U16--U18 Wednesday May 27th 5.30pm - 7.30pm Charleston Southern

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Jason Birchwood
Director of Soccer
jbirchwood29@yahoo.com
843-367-3620

Jeff Hoerner
Director of Soccer
jeffhoerner23@embarqmail.com
305-926-1958

Birch #120054 05/30/09 08:29 PM
C
bench
bench
C
I hope that this Club (these United Clubs) can once and for all organize Myrtle Beach and bring to the beach a well run, unbias, Club, administered by people who really know how to run a Club.

I know that Mick and Curtis are quality coaches and trainers, and may very well be the pair that can bring that quality to Myrtle Beach. I have over 30 years of experience coaching and teaching the beautiful game to the youth of 5 different states on the East Coast. I have been involved at both the coaching and administration in these Clubs in Ct., NC and NY. I know how a Club should be organized as I have seen up close and personal clubs like CASL and TFC in North Carolina, and Weston, Wilton and Ridgefield in Ct.

My only hope is that parents can throw off the restraints of the current crop of Travel Clubs (Ie; CoastFA and Longbay SC), and instead, throw their support behind this new and exciting venture. I have been a small part of both of these Clubs, and now, as I am considered "too old" to be of use to either one, I can honestly tell you that CUFC will be the answer for every soccer player and parent in Myrtle Beach.

Please understand that I do not have "a dog in this race." My energies are now concentrated on a new venture as well for Myrtle Beach, a program for special needs kids. You all have a choice to make this weekend, make the correct choice and be part of something special, something that Myrtle Beach parents and players have not seen before, a real soccer club. You have an opportunity, take advantage of it now, before you end up wasting more money in a time when we all need to be very careful with where we spend our hard earned dollars.

Last edited by coachhowie; 05/30/09 08:36 PM.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Coachhowie,
Excellent first post..

C
bench
bench
C
I read through the 10 pages of comments on this new club. There is a lot of interesting and "misinformative" information through the threads of this blog.

1st: Not only Curtis Freeman, but Mick Townsend and myself as well as many other coaches who really understand how to coach soccer and run a club all left CoastFA at one time.

2nd: This current organization has applied to SCYSA and will be approved as I believe that SCYSA wants to see some sanity on the beach.

3rd: Bigger is not always better, but in this case, a well run organization, with good coaches, and an administration that is truly interested in the kids and not the amount of money they can get from the parents in 4 months, is a welcome change here on the beach.

4th: Myrtle Beach should be the Mecca of soccer tournaments. We have the hotels, we have the fields (if schools and Rec. depts will cooperate) and with a club this size we will have the workers to run a quality tournament every other month. We have a new amusement park, shows,and of course the beach where players and parents can be amused, eat well for very little, and enjoy this outstanding vacation spot.

Coldhardtruth: Thanks for the comment, I hope this new club takes hold here and parents realize how they have not really seen how a "real soccer club" operates.

Curtis, Mick, Jason and Jeff: Best of luck to you all and I hope this works.

Parents: Please don't be fooled yet again by inflated numbers and false names on rosters only to have your son or daughter play up 2-3 years because there is not enough players in the club to have single age groups which the NSCAA has promoted for over 10 years. And if you have a daughter, this is the only club (aside from Horry County Rec. and the Grand Strand Y) that provides a real program for girls only. Make the correct choice in the next few days, not for you or the clubs best interest, but for your childs best interest.

Goal
Goal
Do you have a website yet?

B
bench
bench
B
A bitter post from a bitter man . People in Myrtle Beach will consider the source.

C
bench
bench
C
Bitter? not at all, just thankfull. Thankfull that there is a forum like this where parents can see the other side of the coin. For too long parents have been held captive by Clubs and the mystical "spot" on this team or that team only to realize that the true number of players was far less then reported.

Consider the source? I sure hope they do. I know your source, and so does an ever growing group of parents who have already migrated over to CUFC. My guess is that you will have to be contemplating 3 year age groups now to make sure you can lock those parents in and get your money.

With the forming of CUFC and forums like this, knowing parents (AKA Jacques) will be able to inform those unsuspecting parents of what a real club should be. "The truth shall set you free." Unfortunately in your "kingdom" the truth is something like the landline telephone. Outdated, useless and replaced by a better way to communicate. "You can't handle the truth."

C
bench
bench
C
Notsofast: Me personally? or CUFC?

Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard