Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I feel the same way..Going to Greenville does not make you a better player..You might play on a better team but players are developed throughout the state..And pound for pound most players measure up individually..

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

Previously on the boards it had been referred to as the TARP Program

Together
Andrew and Pearce
Recruit the
Piedmont

Now it has changed to:

Andrew and Pearce
Recruit
South Carolina
Everyday

That's pretty good. I guess the thing to point out here is that there is legal recruiting, which most clubs do. Then there are the 'other activities'. If I'm not mistaken, in the last few months your club has aligned themselves with a man who got suspended for 15 months. Not to mention the odp coach who was replaced for pushing one of your club's programs. I wonder, did that person decide to do it on his own?

Truth #120433 05/22/09 05:42 PM
L
bench
bench
L
If you build it...they will come... and it has been built well!

Truth #120434 05/22/09 05:43 PM
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Call em..Harry..If we're not doing something right in the lowcountry..There's no need to recruit here..Right?

P
kick off
kick off
P
So you are saying if I am traveling to Greenville to be on a better team, It doesn't mean I am a better player,right? I guess in turn you must not have to be a very good player to make one of those teams. I wonder if they have try outs and if anyone could make the team. Seems to me that looking at the records, CESA teams have a lot of state champions under their belt. Sounds pretty good for a bunch of not necessarily good players to beat pretty much the rest of the state. My and if they have to be at only one practice they're STILL beating the rest of the state. A team is a group of individuals working together for a common goal. It appears to be working. AND where do you get off assuming that the parents are pushing their children, Do you have to do that at your house? probably so. The green machine is rearing its ugly head. If you dont like, do something about it.I for one tire of people moaning and groaning about any club.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Just analyzing the argument, not for or against any clubs, but...

If, as the last post seemed to imply, you already have to be a very good player before you can make one of their teams, then that would suggest that...

CHT...care to take a stab at finishing that thought?

I've got good news and bad news...
goal
goal
"Going to Greenville does not make you a better player" i totally agree - just going to greenville does not make you a better player. i mean, cesa appears to be doing pretty well, but they aren't THAT good - what, like you just drive up there, cruise around for a little while, then come back home and you're better by the time you get back? loc and parkermak have made some pretty outrageous claims, but i don't think even they would claim that you can get better just by driving up there.

"players are developed throughout the state" i agree with this, also

"And pound for pound most players measure up individually" what the heck does that even mean?

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I'll finish that thought with...The development was already done..

C
Coach
Coach
C
That's pretty much what that line of reasoning leads to, yes.

I've got good news and bad news...
T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

Call em..Harry..If we're not doing something right in the lowcountry..There's no need to recruit here..Right?

There is plenty going right in the low country. There are very good players that come from there. Look at it from the other side though. Just because you are recruited, doesn't mean you have to go. Furthermore, once one kid goes; if it's a bad idea I think the word would spread and the practice would stop. However, there are kids that come for 3-4 years. So, they must think it's a worthwhile venture.

Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard