Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Go James Island!! No SSC? The times are definitely changing..Good for some..bad for others!!

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Quote:

Just to stir the pot..... Cup championship totals by Club from the SCYSA Website..... u-9 rec to Challenge

Don't care that MPSC and CESA do not play rec and academy!!
Clinton
JIYSC 98 Luna-Chicks

Comments like this justifies a club's decision not to play Rec. & Academy 'State Cups'!!

R
throw in
throw in
R
Luna,
Nor sure where you get 4 for CESA. Don't know how many rec or presidents cup won but they won 8 of the 12 challenge titles. Does that give them 9?

L
throw in
throw in
L
http://scysa.demosphere.com/index.html
Link to the site.

RECCOS just answering the question before it is asked......
Reason for MPSC and CESA not having more
No need to get offended.

Clinton
JIYSC 98 Luna-Chicks

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Bemused maybe, but certainly not offended!

Why anyone would place so much emphasis on winning a so-called 'State Championship' at U9-U12 is beyond me.

R
throw in
throw in
R
CESA won 8 of the 12 State Championships in the Challenge league.Each of those teams will be in the Premier league next year and 7 of those 8 will be at Regionals this year.You need to check the site again.

I think it's great that JIYS has done well at this level and hope this carries in to their more competitive years. The reason you don't see more CESA here is that their priority is at the academy level, not on winning U12 cups.

The last point deals with this idea that CESA only recruits players but does not develop them. This has been mentioned several times on this board.If that were the case though how does one account for all the success that CESA has had at state cups at the U13 level. If memory serves I believe that the only 13 challenge teams that did not win were 2. One was this year and the other was when CESA 93 girls played up out of their age group.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Luna - Not sure why you think there are no rec players or Academy players from Mt. Pleasant. MPRD produces recreation teams which compete in Mt. Pleasant and ultimatly locally and state level once All Star eliminations are sorted. MPSC produces academy, elite and premier teams which compete, locally, statewide, regionally and soon nationally.
The Mt P club and town work very closely together to produce teams with the level of play for those with different abilities and commitment to the game. From what I have seen - they do a pretty good job and are certainly on the upswing.
Much sucess to JI and the fine folks over there.

A
throw in
throw in
A
I think Luna was referring to the fact that no MPSC and CESA Developmental or Academy teams participate in State Cup. I think Luna would have to concede the State Cup tallies would be different if MPSC and CESA did support State Cup at younger ages. To just dismiss it as "I don't care" doesn't make sense and is a little flippant(maybe not the right word).
Especially on CESA's side, the numbers are just huge at those younger levels.

goal
goal
reccos, why does cesa (or anyone for that matter) change their emphasis on winning state championships starting at u13?

other than what scysa makes of it, what is the significance of that age?

H
kick off
kick off
H
Quote:

Just to stir the pot..... Cup championship totals by Club from the SCYSA Website..... u-9 rec to Challenge
Don't care that MPSC and CESA do not play rec and academy!!
Clinton
JIYSC 98 Luna-Chicks

Get over yourself Clinton. You have developed a very good girls soccer team. However, you have refused to and told others that you do not need any additional girls on your team . Careful what you say before you turn too many people away.

Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard