Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 20 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 19 20
R
throw in
throw in
R
Bell,
Wow. Ummm,maybe it's because at U13 you qualify for R3PL. That one just kind of jumped out at me or is that not significant enough for you

goal
goal
nope, not significant for me. was just asking.

so, cesa decided that u13 is the appropriate age for an emphasis on state championships because someone created a league they were interested in competing in?

oh, wait...who was it that created that league?

hmmmm....yep...it all makes sense now...

goal
goal
so, it has nothing to do with any development issues or limitations at those ages? u13 becomes important to cesa only because they can then win "real" state cups? (vs the "so-called state cups" at younger ages)

R
throw in
throw in
R
you're hilarious dude

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I think championships matter to those involved no matter what the age group is..Everyone likes to win..even rec.

L
throw in
throw in
L
Heads up? I just picked up an 11th player and now we are searching for a 12th. How many players should I have on my 8v8 u-11 team? We played with 10 players at 6v6, so I am a little confused about the "we don't need any more players." Please explain. I have coached 1/2 the team since u-5 and the rest since u-8 without losing a single player to another club or team......... There is something to be said for a group of girls that is having as much fun with the game as ours!

Others:
Yes the "Don't Care" was a little strong... State Cup 12 and under would have been more competitive if MPSC and CESA would have played their Rec and Academy teams. Since many of us like to count, I was just showing the numbers.

Clinton

goal
goal
thanks parker/mak dude.

but seriously...why is "development" so important to cesa BEFORE u13, but then bang-pow, (or whatever noise a just-turned-13-yr-old makes) you hit u13 and it's not about development anymore? now, all of a sudden, it’s all about winning state championships.

you and reccos (can’t leave out my peep loc dog) spend your time on here belittling people who don’t conform to the cesa plan, and you get really pi$$ed off when people refuse to answer your "easy" questions, but when anyone asks YOU questions you don’t like, you either disappear for days, or tell them they’re hilarious.

c'mon, you talk the talk...you're hammering people because they place too much emphasis on pre-u13 state cups, but then, immediately upon hitting that age, now state championships are "all-important." why? you just inferred it – is it all about winning now?

do you even know why cesa chooses to do the things they do, or do you just follow blindly and tell everyone else they're wrong?

R
throw in
throw in
R
If you look back on this thread the point I initially made was that CESA won 9 and not 4 state cups. The question you asked was what was significant about U13 and I gave you one example. The other post I put on here recently was about Matt Brophy going to SCU. You then said I fell and bumped my head.Is this hammering people?

The fact of the matter is that you do not like CESA. You'll play innocent but with each post you take some kind of swat at the club, just like this rhtoric. If the most successful club in the history of South Carolina wants to do things this way then they have the right.

I'm not sure what this is about. Every other club in South Carolina puts U13's in state cup. The decision was made years ago by USYSA to not have 11 aside cup games and move them back to U13. Everyone does this, not just CESA.

I guess that means you have questions about CESA not putting their academy teams in these younger events. I think you answered the question - those are key developmemtal years where results don't matter. At some point results do matter and U13 is where the country begins. I can't answer anything else. Go ask ask Bridge, South Carolna United, MPSC, CASL,Texans, etc why they do it this way. Maybe they can give you better answers. That's all I can tell you.

L
Goal
Goal
L
why the move to cufc for Matt B? did he take a hs coaching gig in the cola area?

A
throw in
throw in
A
The decision was made by CESA a few years back to not play the younger State Cup ages, and they got MPSC to follow along (imagine that).
One theory is, it's easy to charge parents money when there is no measuring stick of success. This way you have more younger teams ($$$) to support the higher cost of coaching the older teams. Really the Academy teams are money makers for the rest of the club. This is all done under "development".

Page 13 of 20 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard