Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

Quote:

I was refering to the girls side, the boys side will happen, it has to happen to keep the "academy" status. The girls side doesn't seem to be a priority. This is not a dig at anyone, I don't support CESA, but I would hope that CESA would support this new club on the girls side. Isn't it open to any girl from any club?

I'm not sure why you would think CESA should support SCUFC. A CESA premier team player will go to better tournaments, be gauranteed to be in the National League group at those tournaments, and play for $100. Why would they need to join a supplemental team for a fee so that they MIGHT get into the 3rd or 4th bracket at CASL?

Better tournaments in Spring during high school season and Summer, but CESA Premier players will apparently attend no tournaments of any kind during the fall. I could see the interest of some CESA U-17 players hooking up with some of their ODP and high school teammates for a Fall showcase during those first 4 months that D1 schools can officially contact prospects, and I've seen a good number of D-1 coaches at CASL 3rd and 4th bracket games. Some of CESA's Challenge Team players are also on ODP teams and may have an interest.

From a perspective of individual CESA players taking advantage of a few showcase opportunities that would not conflict with club committments (similar to guest playing?), rather than a perspective of CESA, the club, officially endorsing a SCUFC program (probably not going to happen)... yeah, I could see where there may be some interest amongst the players.

Last edited by DeltaDog; 05/19/09 07:42 PM.
T
corner kick
corner kick
T
I would have two questions for you:

1) what are the better tournaments in the spring and summer?

2) who told you that CESA Premier players will not attend tournaments in the fall?

D
Goal
Goal
D
1} While I have great respect for the Jefferson Cup in March (always wanted my daughter to attend at least once but never has), you have to admit the following list of Spring/Summer ECNL events seems pretty impressive. My only concern with the July event would be it falls right at the same time (maybe same weekend) as Regional ODP tryouts in Alabama. Not sure if Disney would be considered a Spring tournament.

Eclipse Select Challenge Cup
August 14-16, 2009

Las Vegas College Showcase
March 12-14, 2010

PDA Showcase
May 29-31, 2010

ECNL National Championship
July 8-11, 2010

2) Had some conversations with some CESA parents during the high school playoffs last week, and they said the ECNL schedule was replacing the previous years' touurnament schedules. That they would only be playing Premier League in the Fall. From what I've read, the ECNL developed the showcase in part to avoid conflicts with high school schedules, and looking at the schedule I guess some of the founding ECNL clubs play high school in the Fall.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Sorry. I thought you were implying that SC United would be attending better tournaments than ECNL teams in the Spring and Summer.

I don't believe that CESA Premier teams will not play tournaments in the Fall. Although, with an event in August, the CESA tournament in September, R3 Premier League, State Cup and then Disney in December; I think that's a pretty full 'Fall' season.

D
Goal
Goal
D
No, I was implying SCUFC would probably be attending better tournaments in the Fall during those first 4 months after the D-1 schools can contact the juniors, which also corresponds with in-season training and league competition that should better prepare the players for showing well at tournaments. And to the point I was making, if picking up some tournament exposure during that time with a showcase team presents no scheduling conflict with a players club team, I wouldn't consider it unusual for players from CESA to show an interest.

G
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Since SCUFC is rostering under US Club and US Club is associated with the new Elite Club National League can a player playing in the ECNL(Charlotte or CESA) be rostered to SCUFC?

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
No...Players can only be rostered to one US Club team.

G
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Thanks, and is it correct that the boys that play academy will no longer be able to play on their regular club teams? If so which club teams is the player loss going to hurt the most?

corner kick
corner kick
Academy is a league in and of itself, not a supplementary one. They cannot play for any other team other than high school.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
S
throw in
throw in
S
If you are a part of the academy pool which usually consists of 8-10 players they can play with their club team and play up to possibly 6 games through out the year if needed. if you are of the final 18 roster you can only play high school and academy.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard