Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Did enough girls attend tryouts to form teams in each age group? There has been no information posted on their website since tryouts ended.

B
kick off
kick off
B
I know for the U15 girls there were 30 or 31 girls who tried out

Brace
Brace
If you play SC United, do you still play with a "home" club? How does that work?

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"
corner kick
corner kick
You play for your normal club team and practice some predetermined amount with the SCUFC team to go to showcase tournaments that your home team wouldn't necessarily get to go to.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I think between Columbia and Charleston there should be enough to field a team in each group..Probably more attending in the Columbia area than here..

B
kick off
kick off
B
Actually, it is probably about even. There were girls from Mt Pleasant, Hilton Head, Myrtle Beach, Charleston, Columbia

S
throw in
throw in
S
I see that the U18 South Carolina United rosters were posted. Those are some great players on both the academy Rosters and the Developemental roster. Congrats to all you guys, well deserving. Good Luck and I know you will represent South Carolina well.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Could you please provide the link? Thanks!

S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

Could you please provide the link? Thanks!

The website is: www.southcarolinaunitedfc.com. Then go to the "Quick Links" section on the left side and click on "US Development Academy Boys Program".

S
bench
bench
S
okay so, even if the boys make the south carolina united team, they still play on their normal club team?

S
throw in
throw in
S
From the web-site it appears that the 18 boys have been selected, but not 15-16 boys. Assume they will wait until state cup results this coming weekend for additional players to tryout(?)

G
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
All tryout dates have passed, one of five teams have been announced and there have been no other announcements, except how much they will charge you if you are selected to a team. It all makes you wonder if this thing is going to work out for this year.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Are you refering to the boys or girls?

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Never mind... I got it. It's a dig at SCUFC since you support CESA.

G
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
I was refering to the girls side, the boys side will happen, it has to happen to keep the "academy" status. The girls side doesn't seem to be a priority. This is not a dig at anyone, I don't support CESA, but I would hope that CESA would support this new club on the girls side. Isn't it open to any girl from any club?

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
After Saturday we were under the impression that there may be a few more tryouts because of High School events and first round of SCYSA...did you not get that same impression? CESA will not support this because they have their own US Club deal going on.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

I was refering to the girls side, the boys side will happen, it has to happen to keep the "academy" status. The girls side doesn't seem to be a priority. This is not a dig at anyone, I don't support CESA, but I would hope that CESA would support this new club on the girls side. Isn't it open to any girl from any club?

I'm not sure why you would think CESA should support SCUFC. A CESA premier team player will go to better tournaments, be gauranteed to be in the National League group at those tournaments, and play for $100. Why would they need to join a supplemental team for a fee so that they MIGHT get into the 3rd or 4th bracket at CASL?

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Err ... Harry, why do you think it is only $100??

Goal
Goal
Quote:

It will cost $3000 to play a season plus airfare to certain tourneys since they are in this US soccer development/academy

H
kick off
kick off
H
Quote:

All tryout dates have passed, one of five teams have been announced and there have been no other announcements, except how much they will charge you if you are selected to a team. It all makes you wonder if this thing is going to work out for this year.

Again negative comments.SCUFC is trying to do something good in the State . On Sat.it was announced to the girls that everyone would be contacted within a week and there may be supplemental tryouts due to State Cup,High School games and proms.For the 1st year tryout there was a good turnout for each age group.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Quote:

It will cost $3000 to play a season plus airfare to certain tourneys since they are in this US soccer development/academy

CESA's girls' premier teams will play both Premier League AND ECNL for the registration/tryout fee and then travel costs. The club is supposedly offsetting uniform, coaching, and training fees through sponsors so that the up front club cost is only $100.

ECNL isn't to be confused with SCUFC, however.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
goal
goal
notsoquick, where are you getting your numbers from? like kitten says, you are WAY confused (okay, she didn't actually say it, but i know she was thinkin it!)

there are, like, four or seven different clubs and programs being discussed, and it looks like you are trying to go to all of them for that kinda money.

G
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Both boy's teams have now been posted on the SCUFC website.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

notsoquick, where are you getting your numbers from? like kitten says, you are WAY confused (okay, she didn't actually say it, but i know she was thinkin it!)

there are, like, four or seven different clubs and programs being discussed, and it looks like you are trying to go to all of them for that kinda money.

Someone that was involved with trying to help with the beginning. They are trying to get sponsors that will help with the costs, but I can tell you that it will be very expensive to play there.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

CESA's girls' premier teams will play both Premier League AND ECNL for the registration/tryout fee and then travel costs. The club is supposedly offsetting uniform, coaching, and training fees through sponsors so that the up front club cost is only $100.

ECNL isn't to be confused with SCUFC, however.

Yeah...I got that cleared up. Thanks

goal
goal
so, notso, when you were talking $3000, which of the many clubs/programs discussed above were you talking about?

because we've done academy, i can tell you that while the up-front cost may jump out at you, if you look at the overall costs of what you would spend with another team/league (depending on who it is, of course) there is a good chance that number will be less.

i know for us, when we looked at the cost of our old club team going to 2-4 tournaments in a season, and all the extra costs involved with that, we came out ahead with academy. won't be the same for everybody, but you really need to take all that into consideration.

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
Nothing has been posted yet for the girls. Are they going to field a team?

G
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
It would be nice if they made some sort of announcement. It makes you wonder what is going on.

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
The boys turnout was good-they may not have enough interest on the girls side...???

G
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Well?????Hmmm???

D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

Quote:

I'm not sure why you would think CESA should support SCUFC. A CESA premier team player will go to better tournaments, be gauranteed to be in the National League group at those tournaments, and play for $100. Why would they need to join a supplemental team for a fee so that they MIGHT get into the 3rd or 4th bracket at CASL?

Better tournaments in Spring during high school season and Summer, but CESA Premier players will apparently attend no tournaments of any kind during the fall. I could see the interest of some CESA U-17 players hooking up with some of their ODP and high school teammates for a Fall showcase during those first 4 months that D1 schools can officially contact prospects, and I've seen a good number of D-1 coaches at CASL 3rd and 4th bracket games. Some of CESA's Challenge Team players are also on ODP teams and may have an interest.

From a perspective of individual CESA players taking advantage of a few showcase opportunities that would not conflict with club committments (similar to guest playing?), rather than a perspective of CESA, the club, officially endorsing a SCUFC program (probably not going to happen)... yeah, I could see where there may be some interest amongst the players.

Last edited by DeltaDog; 05/19/09 07:42 PM.
T
corner kick
corner kick
T
I would have two questions for you:

1) what are the better tournaments in the spring and summer?

2) who told you that CESA Premier players will not attend tournaments in the fall?

D
Goal
Goal
D
1} While I have great respect for the Jefferson Cup in March (always wanted my daughter to attend at least once but never has), you have to admit the following list of Spring/Summer ECNL events seems pretty impressive. My only concern with the July event would be it falls right at the same time (maybe same weekend) as Regional ODP tryouts in Alabama. Not sure if Disney would be considered a Spring tournament.

Eclipse Select Challenge Cup
August 14-16, 2009

Las Vegas College Showcase
March 12-14, 2010

PDA Showcase
May 29-31, 2010

ECNL National Championship
July 8-11, 2010

2) Had some conversations with some CESA parents during the high school playoffs last week, and they said the ECNL schedule was replacing the previous years' touurnament schedules. That they would only be playing Premier League in the Fall. From what I've read, the ECNL developed the showcase in part to avoid conflicts with high school schedules, and looking at the schedule I guess some of the founding ECNL clubs play high school in the Fall.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Sorry. I thought you were implying that SC United would be attending better tournaments than ECNL teams in the Spring and Summer.

I don't believe that CESA Premier teams will not play tournaments in the Fall. Although, with an event in August, the CESA tournament in September, R3 Premier League, State Cup and then Disney in December; I think that's a pretty full 'Fall' season.

D
Goal
Goal
D
No, I was implying SCUFC would probably be attending better tournaments in the Fall during those first 4 months after the D-1 schools can contact the juniors, which also corresponds with in-season training and league competition that should better prepare the players for showing well at tournaments. And to the point I was making, if picking up some tournament exposure during that time with a showcase team presents no scheduling conflict with a players club team, I wouldn't consider it unusual for players from CESA to show an interest.

G
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Since SCUFC is rostering under US Club and US Club is associated with the new Elite Club National League can a player playing in the ECNL(Charlotte or CESA) be rostered to SCUFC?

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
No...Players can only be rostered to one US Club team.

G
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Thanks, and is it correct that the boys that play academy will no longer be able to play on their regular club teams? If so which club teams is the player loss going to hurt the most?

corner kick
corner kick
Academy is a league in and of itself, not a supplementary one. They cannot play for any other team other than high school.

S
throw in
throw in
S
If you are a part of the academy pool which usually consists of 8-10 players they can play with their club team and play up to possibly 6 games through out the year if needed. if you are of the final 18 roster you can only play high school and academy.

goal
goal
actually, players are listed as either "full time" or "developmental." you are correct about the 6 games, but the number of full time players can be as many as 23 (i think, but i'm not sure) and i believe the number of developmental players can take the entire roster number up to 30 (again, not positive)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard