Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Academic Magnet 10
Hanahan 1

Here is the article from the Charleston paper:
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2009/may/14/academic_magnet_rolls_over_hanahan_secon82300/

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

@ Wando
Wando 3 - Irmo 0

No stumbling by Wando, but the irmo goalie was cautioned for pretending she was hurt (flopping??) and stopping play.

There were no cautions (yellow cards) issued during this match to any player on either team.

At one point during the first half, our (Irmo's) keeper fell subsequent to making a save. When she fell, her head hit the ground pretty hard and she remained on the ground while the ball was still in play. The referee stopped play and she was slow getting up and appeared slightly dazed. The referee approached her and spoke to her to make sure she was OK before he restarted play with a drop ball. He did not say anything to her about faking injury. He was only concerned about her health and safety. He thought she was OK and allowed her to continue play without calling the coaches or trainers on the field, but he did speak to the Irmo coaching staff at half time and suggested we check on her to make sure she was OK.

WormBurner, please make sure you have your facts straight before accusing a young lady of unsporting conduct. Wando is an extremely talented team and they put our defense and keeper under considerable pressure during this match. Our GK handled the pressure very well and is to be commended for her efforts, toughness, and composure under fire. She is an outstanding young lady and never even comes close to unsporting behavior. She should not have to face false accusations of unsporting conduct such as "flopping".

throw in
throw in
Quote:

Mauldin 5
Ridgeview 1

Ridge View proved to be feisty opponents in this exciting play-off game. The normally lethal Mauldin offense had to be content with near misses during the first fifteen minutes, then some excellent control by Mauldin's Allie Simpson, who pulled a cross out of the air, juggled the ball and then send a worm burner into the corner of the net, gave Mauldin the first goal. Shortly after, a defensive error on what was the second Ridge View ball into the Mauldin penalty area presented them with an equalizer. The Mauldin team lost some confidence and started playing tentatively. After an initial second half surge by Ridge View, Mauldin made up for the near misses in the opening period, owning the rest of the second half. Ridge View may have spent themselves in the first half. Two very good teams.
Mauldin
Goals: Simpson; Boswell; Shaidle; Young 2.
Assists: Carter; Boswell; Shaidle.

Last edited by 1977; 05/14/09 12:42 PM.
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Quote:

Hanna wins in Pus

Did they not go into 2, 5 minute sudden death periods after the 2, 10 minute periods?

And what's a "Pus"?

Sorry my fingers are to big for this new high tech phone. Until I sat down this morning and looked at my posting I did not know how bad my phone texting/typing skills are. I heard Clemson has a course on this, maybe I will enroll.

And yes they went to two 10's then it was still tied so they did two 5's golden goal.

That there is an RV Clark......
corner kick
corner kick
At least you have the high tech phone All is forgiven.

Doin' it the hard way...
L
bench
bench
L
Quote:

Quote:

Mauldin 5
Ridgeview 1

Ridge View proved to be feisty opponents in this exciting play-off game. The normally lethal Mauldin offense had to be content with near misses during the first fifteen minutes, then some excellent control by Mauldin's Allie Simpson, who pulled a cross out of the air, juggled the ball and then send a worm burner into the corner of the net, gave Mauldin the first goal. Shortly after, a defensive error on what was the second Ridge View ball into the Mauldin penalty area presented them with an equalizer. The Mauldin team lost some confidence and started playing tentatively. After an initial second half surge by Ridge View, Mauldin made up for the near misses in the opening period, owning the rest of the second half. Ridge View may have spent themselves in the first half. Two very good teams.
Mauldin

It was a great game, and Mauldin is a fantastic team. However, I am in agreement with PaulSchleifer and the muzzle for the boys. Mauldin's boys were personally attacking the Ridge View players for any possible thing. Mauldin's girls were constantly apologizing for it but the display put on by the boys is an embarassment. Hopefully something will change. The Mauldin girls are a classy team with a lot of talent, and I wish them the best of luck with the rest of the season.

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mauldin 5
Ridgeview 1

Mauldin

It was a great game, and Mauldin is a fantastic team. However, I am in agreement with PaulSchleifer and the muzzle for the boys. Mauldin's boys were personally attacking the Ridge View players for any possible thing. Mauldin's girls were constantly apologizing for it but the display put on by the boys is an embarassment. Hopefully something will change. The Mauldin girls are a classy team with a lot of talent, and I wish them the best of luck with the rest of the season.

I think they showed the same behavior last year vs TLH. I know the coach went over that game and asked them to calm down.

F
goal
goal
F
I can attest to the behavior of the Mauldin boys as well. When the Westside girls played Mauldin in the first round of the playoffs, the match had to be completely stopped by the head ref and the entire Mauldin boys team was kicked out of the game for their classless and insulting comments to individual Westside players.

The Mauldin girls were classy, never taunting or showboating, but it's a shame that two PLAYOFF matches in a row have been marred by the behavior of the boys team.

It would be wise for the TL Hanna or Mauldin coach to alert the head referee at Friday's match of this matter before the game, so things do not get out of hand.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Where is the boys coach in all of this? I remember in high school if we ever went to the girls game and our coach got word that we were being disrespectful...we had to run until he got tired of watching us!! I would think that the boys coach could put a stop to this behavior!

World Cup
World Cup
Or administration...somebody. Czar has to worry about his girls and the game. Lots of others to handle the crowds.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard