Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
World Cup
World Cup
I took "pus" as being pk's. Nice update, Hobo. Most of us knew what you meant. I bet the place erupted in the 2nd OT when they scored. I know you are especially proud!

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Good summary Hobo. I was going to post something like "did we really win that one?"

Clover High School is represented by a wonderful and gracious team of girls and coaches. I really feel they did everything to win that game, but sometimes soccer matches don't go the way it seems they should. We at Hanna are very humble in this victory because we know it could have gone either way and we were lucky tonight. Don't get me wrong, I am so proud we kept pushing, even when we were down. I just really feel for the Clover girls.

Quote:

TL Hanna 2
Clover 1

Won in PK's after two overtimes

Clover scored in the first 10 minute overtime. Morgan Cutts for TL Hanna scored in the second over time to make it 1-1. The sudden death overtime went with out a score. Went to PK's and TL Hanna made their first 4 and Clover made 2 out of 4. It never made it to the 5th kick. In the second half Clover had a PK on a questionable call but TL Hanna goalie Kaitlyn Neipp made the save of a life time to keep the game tied at 0-0.
Kaitlyn Neipp gets the game ball for making that save and the first in the PK's. Great Game Kaitlyn.

PK's for Hanna
Morgan Cutts-made
Summer Miller-made
Mariana Anderson-made
Katie Bryan-made

PK's for Clover
#14- TL Hanner keeper saved
#6- made
#16- made
#18- missed off post

C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
I believe SV lost.

world cup
world cup
FM-Sparty game was also a classic and could have gone either way. I, too, feel for Coach Paul McGinty and all of his Lady Vikings. They fought very hard and thrilled the crowd at Bob Jones Stadium.

Sorry that Spartanburg's very successful season comes to an end but this game is unforgiving, and, in play-off soccer, somebody has to lose. I'm sure Dorman wanted no part of Round 3 with the Lady Vikes on Friday, even though the match would have been in Roebuck.

Paul & John......your girls were great. Thanks for leaving it all out on the field for us tonight.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
P
Throw In
Throw In
P
All 4 PK scorers played for the U13 and U14 State Cup champions at the old Anderson Soccer club for Tommy Morris, former Anderson College assistant under Rob Miller.
A nice tribute to club soccer in general and to the parents who take the time and money to make club soccer possible for their kids.

P
Throw In
Throw In
P
Congrats to a well-coached Chapin side.
One slight criticism--fans should not be allowed to address abusive language to opposing players by name. Some of those boys needed a serious muzzle.
But that doesn't take away from Chapin's quality as a team.
Good luck, Rachael

S
goal
goal
S
Congrats to Morgan Cutts from TL Hanna, Morgan has busted her butt to work her way thru injuries the last two seasons, I"m happy for Morgan, way to go, I see big things from Morgan in the near future.

world cup
world cup
Very sorry to see Clover go down tonight, especially after playing so well. PK's are torture. As the updates from the game in Anderson were announced over the PA in Fort Mill, all of the Lady Jackets faithful were pulling for the Lady Blue Eagles. It would have been a first if two girls teams from York County reached the state's Great Eight.

Clover finishes 11-8-1 and look at the records of the eight teams that defeated them this year.

Riverside 17-3-1
Dorman 15-4-0
Kings Mountain (NC) 20-1-0
Charlotte Catholic (NC) 17-0-3
Ardrey Kell (NC) 17-0-1
Fort Mill 16-5-1
Fort Mill 16-5-1
TL Hanna 17-5-0

The Clover girls will hold their heads high and be back again next year.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Spring Valley 1
Dorman 2

Our hats off to Spring Valley girls and Steve Lea for the outstanding performance they gave last night. Steve is one of the best coaches in the state and we are very lucky to walk away with this win. Congratulations Spring Valley on a great season!

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Here is the write-up of Hanna/Clover in the Anderson Independent.

http://www.independentmail.com/news/2009/may/13/neipp-saves-lady-jackets-2-1/

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard