brace
brace
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mauldin 5
Ridgeview 1

Ridge View proved to be feisty opponents in this exciting play-off game. The normally lethal Mauldin offense had to be content with near misses during the first fifteen minutes, then some excellent control by Mauldin's Allie Simpson, who pulled a cross out of the air, juggled the ball and then send a worm burner into the corner of the net, gave Mauldin the first goal. Shortly after, a defensive error on what was the second Ridge View ball into the Mauldin penalty area presented them with an equalizer. The Mauldin team lost some confidence and started playing tentatively. After an initial second half surge by Ridge View, Mauldin made up for the near misses in the opening period, owning the rest of the second half. Ridge View may have spent themselves in the first half. Two very good teams.
Mauldin
Goals: Simpson; Boswell; Shaidle; Young 2.
Assists: Carter; Boswell; Shaidle.

It was a great game, and Mauldin is a fantastic team. However, I am in agreement with PaulSchleifer and the muzzle for the boys. Mauldin's boys were personally attacking the Ridge View players for any possible thing. Mauldin's girls were constantly apologizing for it but the display put on by the boys is an embarassment. Hopefully something will change. The Mauldin girls are a classy team with a lot of talent, and I wish them the best of luck with the rest of the season.

I think they showed the same behavior last year vs TLH. I know the coach went over that game and asked them to calm down.

Let me say that based on FMHS past experience with Mauldin fans/boys team a classless, boarish performance is just par for the course! Be insulted if you want Mauldin fans but remember your team was the one who had a playoff game ended last year because of three red cards in about two minutes because with three mins left you were down multiple goals and going to lose! Having a game end before the end of regualtion due to DIRTY play is pathetic. Oh yea and during the early season rematch this year your fans cheered when a FMHS boy went down on a hard play, laying on the ground with a broken collar bone and hearing the fans cheer for your pain must have made the hurt player feel really great! Or maybe the fans were cheering for thier thug player to encourage him to go hurt another player

L
bench
bench
L
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mauldin 5
Ridgeview 1

Ridge View proved to be feisty opponents in this exciting play-off game. The normally lethal Mauldin offense had to be content with near misses during the first fifteen minutes, then some excellent control by Mauldin's Allie Simpson, who pulled a cross out of the air, juggled the ball and then send a worm burner into the corner of the net, gave Mauldin the first goal. Shortly after, a defensive error on what was the second Ridge View ball into the Mauldin penalty area presented them with an equalizer. The Mauldin team lost some confidence and started playing tentatively. After an initial second half surge by Ridge View, Mauldin made up for the near misses in the opening period, owning the rest of the second half. Ridge View may have spent themselves in the first half. Two very good teams.
Mauldin

It was a great game, and Mauldin is a fantastic team. However, I am in agreement with PaulSchleifer and the muzzle for the boys. Mauldin's boys were personally attacking the Ridge View players for any possible thing. Mauldin's girls were constantly apologizing for it but the display put on by the boys is an embarassment. Hopefully something will change. The Mauldin girls are a classy team with a lot of talent, and I wish them the best of luck with the rest of the season.

I think they showed the same behavior last year vs TLH. I know the coach went over that game and asked them to calm down.

Let me say that based on FMHS past experience with Mauldin fans/boys team a classless, boarish performance is just par for the course! Be insulted if you want Mauldin fans but remember your team was the one who had a playoff game ended last year because of three red cards in about two minutes because with three mins left you were down multiple goals and going to lose! Having a game end before the end of regualtion due to DIRTY play is pathetic. Oh yea and during the early season rematch this year your fans cheered when a FMHS boy went down on a hard play, laying on the ground with a broken collar bone and hearing the fans cheer for your pain must have made the hurt player feel really great! Or maybe the fans were cheering for thier thug player to encourage him to go hurt another player

The referees went over and talked to the Mauldin coaches and supposedly the boys coach was going to take care of it...it was quiet for a little while but the chaos ensued pretty quickly. I, for one, was personally attacked the entire second half when the boys found out my name and decided to use it to heckle me the entire time. I figured a referee would take action and kick the boys out as they should be but nothing ever happened. It needs to be addressed, as the Mauldin girls ARE a great, classy team. Cheering is one thing, but being obnoxious and blatently rude is another.

world cup
world cup
Jackets win OT thriller
The (Rock Hill) Herald
May 14, 2009
by Karl Lyles

http://www.heraldonline.com/news/sports/story/1340580.html

Very exciting game. Dramatic ending. Shame one team had to lose.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mauldin 5
Ridgeview 1

Mauldin

The referees went over and talked to the Mauldin coaches and supposedly the boys coach was going to take care of it...it was quiet for a little while but the chaos ensued pretty quickly. I, for one, was personally attacked the entire second half when the boys found out my name and decided to use it to heckle me the entire time. I figured a referee would take action and kick the boys out as they should be but nothing ever happened. It needs to be addressed, as the Mauldin girls ARE a great, classy team. Cheering is one thing, but being obnoxious and blatently rude is another.

I did not want to get into this discussion because I think it takes away from what the girls are doing. I have been at both games this week and at the Westside match the students did heckle one girl that I heard. The referee talked to Czar and the athletic director was called and took the boys to the Softball game. Last night I personally did not hear any heckling towards players or fans and there certainly was not any chaos. Just a hard fought match between to great teams.

Only time will tell
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
so what is the record for number of quotes in a post? this looks like an aerial view of an egyptian pyramid.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mauldin 5
Ridgeview 1

Mauldin

I did not want to get into this discussion because I think it takes away from what the girls are doing. I have been at both games this week and at the Westside match the students did heckle one girl that I heard. The referee talked to Czar and the athletic director was called and took the boys to the Softball game. Last night I personally did not hear any heckling towards players or fans and there certainly was not any chaos. Just a hard fought match between to great teams.

F
goal
goal
F
If you climb to the top, you will see that a game was played, and that Mauldin won this game.

world cup
world cup
CJ,

Thanks for lunch. Good luck Friday night.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
brace
brace
Mavs Soccer Dad, well said let your girls enjoy what they have earned ask the boys to stop upstaging the girls. My problem with the boys and thier behavior belongs in the boys thread but, when I saw it over here how they were "acting up" again my emotions got ahead of brain in the talking line . I know that the fans in the stands are often different between the two teams and so I should also not lump your girls in with the boys and thier fans.
As for your girls it looks like from the posts they carry themselfs in a classy way and deserve respect for thier play. Sorry if my rant in any way implided your girls program and thier fans are the problem.
Good Luck the rest of the way.

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
don't mention it. Sorry it had to be quick. I think you should post those pictures. They are awesome.

Good luck to FM too! You are gonna need it against Der Deutschland!

Quote:

CJ,

Thanks for lunch. Good luck Friday night.

world cup
world cup
Video highlights of the Fort Mill - Spartanburg match. (Score is already 1-0 Lady Vikings when the highlights begin).

Also includes post-match interviews. Interesting that the Fort Mill coach didn't find the officiating to be nearly as bad as some of the folks sitting up in the stands behind him.

http://www.cn2.com:8080/web/guest/sports...11_videoId=2260

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard