Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
sG #121738 05/19/09 09:30 PM
H
goal kick
goal kick
H
Ok sG but who really cares what it makes them look like as long as they play well? Maybe they do it so they can see their reflections better in all the state championship rings they've racked up over the years. It becomes painfully obvious when Irmo is playing well because of all the ridiculous threads that are posted. I don't remember this thread the last couple of years when Irmo has been down by their standards. They go undefeated and suddenly the haters become a little easier to pick out.

hollywood #121739 05/19/09 09:42 PM
goal
goal
zing! good point hollywood.

H
goal kick
goal kick
H
High school kids do stupid things and when they get older they will realize this was one of them, but if they're gonna do it and they look that terrible people will say things... but i have to say this isn't as bad as one of the directors of a local club bleached his hair. If you're going to have a mid-life crisis at least do it with the opposite gender

goal
goal
old retired guy, you really think the irmo players are concentrating on their hair and not their game? i bet most of the posters on here who are players WISH they had thought of it first. but if they do it now, they're just copycats.

it's kinda like my philosophy of players with bright, shiny boots - you can only pull it off if you're really good. irmo is one of the VERY FEW who can successfully pull off the blonde hair thing.

their winning tradition going back to the late seventies has earned them that.

corner kick
corner kick
after a few years some of them would be stuck in an office making business calls with a marketing degree, bored as f... watching chelsea wishing drogba would finish better.

haha i used to paint my cleats orange and those were the best days in life.

now what i have left? go to work, go to church and go to bars, playing soccer with the old folks trying to get those days to come back.

dont listen to boring old business people kids. have fun, and kick some butts.

soccer is the best sport in the world, and you are young only once.

Club of the century.
sG Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
The only reason I created this thread was to get under Irmo fans skin. Obviously, my evil plan has worked. Thanks for the satisfaction.

One Time!
B
bench
bench
B
Alma - while I don't think your post will earn you any invites to deliver a commencement speech (though I have you slightly ahead of Uncle Rico and Debbie Downer), I agree with the have fun, kick butt, and only young once comments. Time to celebrate the 4 best teams in 4A. A great accomplishment for all the players, coaches, parents and fans - and let's hope for games and sportsmanship on the field and in the bleachers that can make all of us proud.

goal
goal
Regardless of "team unity", they look about as cool as a fanny pack.

sG #121746 05/20/09 02:38 AM
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

The only reason I created this thread was to get under Irmo fans skin. Obviously, my evil plan has worked. Thanks for the satisfaction.

The plan worked to verify what we already knew...

Better to remain silent and be thought a foo'...

....than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Most responders were not Irmo fans, but you did get some interesting comments!

Spartan #121747 05/20/09 03:02 AM
K
bench
bench
K
So what if people think it looks stupid? It's a visual example of how the team comes together for the playoffs, and it's a tradition! I wouldn't question any kind of tradition of a team with 15 state championships....

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard