Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
cutter Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
C
The Eastside vs JL Mann game today (May 19) will be played at Eastside at 5:30 pm.

T
kick off
kick off
T
The winner of this match will be the State Champion for 3A. Good Luck!

S
throw in
throw in
S
1-0 Eastside HALF JL MANN'S Starting goalie hurt and subbed out

S
throw in
throw in
S
3 - 2 EHS in OT

S
throw in
throw in
S
M.Teos Straight Red into 2nd OT EHS still up 3-2

S
throw in
throw in
S
Final 3-2 Eastside is moving on to State Finals

kick off
kick off
I guess the strategy of not letting Eastside have an extra day rest worked....NOT!

D'OH!

Homer no function beer well without
bench
bench
Teos red card gives South Aiken a chance...

S
throw in
throw in
S
Teos should not be aloud to play. That tackle was dirty and unacceptable. Sad to see that from such a strong player.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Eastside ended up with 2 red cards could make a difference on Saturday

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

M.Teos Straight Red into 2nd OT EHS still up 3-2

Teos out for Saturday!!!!
Holy Crap!!!!!

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Who was the other card for?

I
bench
bench
I
joey shovelton had the second red. instramental player off the bench. jl manns goalie did not come off.

L
bench
bench
L
Quote:

Teos should not be aloud to play. That tackle was dirty and unacceptable. Sad to see that from such a strong player.

"Aloud"?! For God sake, please go back to English class. The word is "allowed".

kick off
kick off
Your first post to the worlds greatest soccer blog...and you waste it on an English lesson. What a shame.
First impressions and all that!

D'OH!

I
bench
bench
I
miguel was getting fouled the entire game and he got clocked making him spin around and on his way around he caught the mann player... it might have looked bad but it was not malicious or deliberate because he couldnt even see the guy. please dont try to portray him as a dirty player... he is one most fun player to watch in the state, best footwork in the state and the second best forward in the state but he gets no credit cause only people that write on these walls are from columbia and lower state and are bias.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Teos always seem to have an arm out when he has the ball. Anyone can see that so dont try to make him seem so innocent

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Teos is a great player. Very sorry to hear about the red card as I was going to enjoy watching him this Saturday.

Chapin High School Boy's Varsity Soccer Assistant Coach South Carolina United FC Staff
I
bench
bench
I
Oh I didn't realize putting your arm out is a foul

S
throw in
throw in
S
When he puts it out and grabs on a defenders jersey it is.

C
cutter Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
C
As the Eastside Coach, here is my opinion:

We had played JL Mann twice before last night’s game. In the first two games JL Mann had one player on the field to man mark Miguel Teos the whole game. Miguel is probably one of the best players in the state and I can understand them doing this. I may have done the same if I coached against him.

During last nights game they did the same thing. One player marked him the whole game however with the game being that more important the intensity with which they did this was much more. In fact their whole team made sure that if Miguel got the ball they played their part in stopping him in any way they could. For the first 80 minutes of the game every time Miguel got the ball he was pushed, held, pulled, kicked and if he got past one of their players they would pull his shirt and slow him down. For 80 minutes he got this kind of abuse and not once did he retaliate.

I do not blame the JL Mann players. It is the referee's job to protect players on the field. They were going to get away with it as long as the ref let them, which was the whole game. During the first 80 minutes of the game the referee did not protect Miguel at all from this kind of abuse. He never disciplined any JL Mann players verbally or showed any of them a card for what they did. If it happened a few times it would be ok but this happened every time he got the ball.

At the end of regulation time before overtime I walked over to the referee to ask him to protect Miguel on the field. As I started talking he said he did not want to hear anything from me and would not let me speak and would not listen. I tried in a very calm and professional manner to ask him to listen but he would not and showed me a yellow card. All I wanted was to ask was for him to protect Miguel from all the fouling and foul play. I could see Miguel getting frustrated. I wish he had listened. For some reason the referee did not want to communicate in any way in a civil manner with any of the players or coaches.

In the first overtime period Miguel got the same abuse from the JL Mann players. Just before the incident he broke away from the player marking him and his jersey was held again!! The referee did not blow a foul but waved play on. Miguel took the ball down the side of the field and was running at full speed. He pushed the ball slightly too far ahead of himself and a JL man player came in just as Miguel was stretching for the ball. Miguel was just slightly too late and caught the JL Mann player.

This was never an intentional foul. He was running at speed and attempting to get the ball but the JL Mann player got there a split second before he did. He did not do this intentionally or at any time intending to hurt the other player. This was definitely not a flagrant foul. This was his first foul of the game!! I have a video clip that shows what happened and have watched it many, many times. You can tell by his reaction after the incident he did not mean to foul the player.

I have played and coached for over 30 years and most referee’s would have given him a yellow card for this tackle not a red. But then also most referee's would have protected him from the abuse he took.

Miguel is a great player with a great heart. I have coached him for 30 games this year and not one time have I seen him play dirty or intentionally foul or try and hurt anyone. He is a hard but clean player. Anyone that knows Miguel or that has played or coached against him knows that.

The decision by the referee to give him straight red was the wrong decision in my opinion. The referee clearly seemed out of his depth in this kind of game and did not offer any protection. He also cost a great player the opportunity to play in a game he has been wanting to play in for four years.

I do not care who you are; Mother Teresa, the Pope, Ghandi, or anyone else. If you get held, pushed, kicked and fouled for 85 minutes you would also get frustrated.

I am proud of Miguel and the way he handled all the physical abuse that was dished out to him last night. He never reacted to it. The tackle he made was nothing more than miss timed and was never flagrant.

My two big questions are:
1- Why did the ref not protect him more?
2- Why would he not allow me to ask for protection?
3- After all the abuse he got why the straight red and not a yellow?

I have not heard the leagues final decision on this yet.
These are my thoughts.

Scott Halkett
Eastside Boys

goal kick
goal kick
is he out for the final?

that would be a big loss for Eastside.

Last edited by wunderkid #10; 05/20/09 11:59 PM.
goal kick
goal kick
Not much anyone can do, especially considering all SC high school refs are dunces with Jeremy Brooks, Beiber, and Tanverdi leading the way.

G'd up from the feet up
goal kick
goal kick
I really hope Brooks doesn't get one of the final games.

He always wants the attention to be on him and that takes away from the game.

goal kick
goal kick
as does Beiber. Tanverdi is the least of the three clowns, except he muffed up the state championship game two years ago.

G'd up from the feet up
L
bench
bench
L
Quote:

Your first post to the worlds greatest soccer blog...and you waste it on an English lesson. What a shame.
First impressions and all that!

D'OH!

Someone wasted their time in English class. A 5th grader has better grammar.

S
throw in
throw in
S
MTeos had more than one foul before that call for sure. Not sure if it should have been a staright red. But Teos did have fouls before that one.

kick off
kick off

Someone wasted their time in English class. A 5th grader has better grammar.

Got that right. But not better Math and Science skills.
Welcome aboard

D'OH!

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
A shame for that young man. He is a great soccer player. Is there no appeal process? I was looking forward to watching him on Saturday as well.

F
bench
bench
F
I am amazed by this comment by the Eastside coach. What a difference 24 hours makes when he was congratulating Mann, their season and their effort. His next note accuses the Mann defense of playing dirty and fouling Miguel Teos leading to Miguel's getting a red card.

Miguel is a good kid. He is a good player and he plays very hard. Mann has man marked him every one of the six games they have played against Eastside over the last two years with the same kid and he has scored one goal in those 6 games. Coach, did the Mann defense foul Miguel in those games too? What of your players who knocked Benny Puetter all over the field holding him scoreless? What should the referee have done there? While certainly unintentional, Miguel went into the Mann player cleats up which is an automatic red. You are very concerned about Miguel's safety.. what about the Mann player? Why did one of your bench players get a red card also in the overtime when the Mann kid was trying to throw it in? What control do you have over your bench? Those referees were not perfect but you did not win nor did Mann lose because of them.

I have a problem with the Eastside coach calling out kids on the Mann defense and implying they were dirty and overly physical. It is a cheap shot and unfairly impugns their reputations. Does the coach know that Mann had two players on their defense who were first team all state defenders including that "dirty" player who manned Miguel for the game. Perhaps those players are just as good at their positions as Miguel is at his.

Good luck in your game Saturday Coach. You have a good team even without Miguel and you are deserving of playing for the State Championship and I hope you show more sportsmanship than you showed in this letter on a public forum

throw in
throw in
sc referring is poor, i hate it when they react to fan opinion and decide to reverse the call, their is no doubt they have a better view of the play than people thirty + yards away.....i just wish we could do away with refs and call our own fouls or bring in refs from rugby who like to see some action and hard tackles...refs really need to clean up their act on off sides and handballs need to find out what they are because obviously none of them know

i don't like Beiber either, nor the Russian or the Hispanic guy in the midlands

I
bench
bench
I
"I do not blame the JL Mann players. It is the referee's job to protect players on the field."

Furman- you should probably read the Eastside soccer coaches post more diligently before you acuse him. You obviously dont pay attention when Miguel has the ball. I expect an appology to the coach. That was a ridiculous comment. You should just stop talking.

C
cutter Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
C
Furman: I have a great deal of respect for the coaches and players at JL Mann. They are a great team and in no way do I blame them for what happend. I do not think they are dirty players either. They play hard and are very physical which is part of soccer. They also have some very good players. But the ref did let them get away with a bit too much the other night specifically with regards to Miguel.
It was the referee I was having a go at. Not the JL Mann players.

F
bench
bench
F
When you say Miguel was "kicked, pushed, held and fouled" you are accusing the Mann defense of playing dirty. It was a physical game. Your guys did plenty of that also but I guess that was just "part of the game". Need to be careful what you say about kids in a public forum

goal kick
goal kick
Go away furman. No one wants to her any of your loud mumbo jumbo.

G'd up from the feet up
S
goal
goal
S
I have watched Miguel play HS and club soccer for over five years, Miguel is as strong as an ox. When Miguel has the ball at his feet nobody in SC can knock him off the ball without putting a body or two into him. The JL Mann boys play lots of HS and club ball with Miguel and are aware of his skill set. And yes I watched all season as people pulled, hacked and fouled Miguel. If not for Miguel's strenght he would be on the ground half the game, but due to his strenght he seldom if ever goes down without help. Can anyone name a player in SC that is stronger than Miguel with the ball at his feet ?. Enzo is the only person that comes to mind.

corner kick
corner kick
I'd have to pick Chapin's Demare

I
bench
bench
I
Spartan=joke

throw in
throw in
Byron Quinatoa at Dreher may even get better on the ball when their is contact, Taylor Lewis at BC is pretty good while being fouled, 11 or 12 from MB is pretty strong with the ball, alex martinez is very strong with the ball no need to mention him, these are just to name a few

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard