Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
corner kick
corner kick
You have a point sG. It may just be the difference in the grass in the Upstate and the Midlands.

The Memorial field plays a lot faster when it doesn't "reign".

sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
The are a few differences in the Graveyard and Memorial. The dimensions of Memorial, I believe, are significantly smaller and obviously the surface is not as good as the Graveyard. I do not believe this will play a big role in the game, but you never know. NW's home field is as good as it gets. It has a great surface and its width and length are as big as regulations allow. Irmo's pitch is high quality as well. Playing at Memorial will be a downsize for both teams, but I don't think it will matter.

One Time!
kick off
kick off
NW 4 - Irmo 1

The only way Irmo will score is off a throw in. they couldnt even get build up against Wando. They scored all of their goals from set pieces. If the field is not very wide. Irmo may be able to put in more than one. With a wide field, they wont even score one. Irmos defense has been penetrated by multiple teams in their region, which their offenses dont even compare to NW. NW offense will dominate the game. and Their defense wont be broken down.

S
kick off
kick off
S
3-2 NW

NW is just has an unreal attack. They will create many chances and eventually start to put those chances away. At times it seems like they are playing 4 up top.

While their offense is legit, their defense is average which will allow irmo to burry a few but not enough to keep up with NW attack

throw in
throw in
Quote:

They scored all of their goals from set pieces.

YJ44... if you pay attention to the NCAA National Tournament you will find that most goals are scored off of set pieces, not too many during the run of play.

goal
goal
Northwestern's defense is way above average.

You people make me laugh.

throw in
throw in
dare I say the irmo players on here are almost as bad as wandos and bc parents????????????????????

throw in
throw in
how can you fault a team for taking their chances??? every professional player loves it when they get opportunities with corners and throw in or free kicks it ridiculous to criticize a team for scoring on set plays...youre just jealous cuz bc or cn did one of their ridiculous set plays on your team

and sG you are completely wrong by saying irmo has a better pitch that memorial... of course memorial is not as big as the graveyard but no high school stadium is and their pitch is top quality and prolly the best i seen in cola, no dirt patches or bumbs at all on the field and their seeting on both sides unlike the graveyard so that is an advantage

H
goal kick
goal kick
H
Zola have you been to W.C. Hawkins to see Irmo play this year, the pitch is absolutely fantastic. I've seen college fields that aren't as nice as what Irmo got to play on this year.

throw in
throw in
sadly no i have not, i was hoping their game against wando would be there but oh well:( but i do know that their drainage system their is below par

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard